Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    This...really doesn't sound like it bodes well for fans, at least to me.
    I know! I was thinking the very same.

As much as I've always expected a "Fall of..." even when Hickman was at the helm...I still didn't think it would have been as "dire" as Duggan is proclaiming. Very Bad, yes. (been there). Heartbreaking, sure (done that)...but this really sounds like it will be a catastrophic event from which there is no return. Which is great because...we need a good shake-up but the last thing this fan wants is utter and complete decimation of this era...where the mutants are again fighting for survival...again!
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-06-2023 at 02:31 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

As much as I've always expected a "Fall of..." even when Hickman was at the helm...I still didn't think it would have been as "dire" as Duggan is proclaiming. Very Bad, yes. (been there). Heartbreaking, sure (done that)...but this really sounds like it will be a catastrophic event from which there is no return. Which is great because...we need a good shake-up but the last thing this fan wants is utter and complete decimation of this era...where the mutants are again fighting for survival...again!
    It's possible the "dire" times might just refer to events within the Fall of X storyline (which might not even end the whole Krakoa thing), reflecting the invoked struggle the protagonsits are meant to face, but not actualy refering to anything longterm or conclusive about the state of things.

However that could also be an underestimation of the X-office's willingness to destroy things again because of circumstances or plans.

That being said, we really don't need a return to the mutants struggeling with survival again, regardless of what one might feel about current state of affairs in the comics. 20+ years of it were enough.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-06-2023 at 02:50 PM.

It's such a weird feeling for me because everything he said scared the crap out of the Krakoa fan in me, but there were times where he could barely contain his excitement because in his opinion this is some of the best stuff they charted. So I'm nervously excited? Excitedly anxious? I don't know how I feel.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'm kind of iffy because some ideas sound good on paper, but don't do nearly as well in execution. And while I like a majority of the books right now, nearly all of them have had noticeably flawed execution in their ideas. So even if we stick to Hickman's vision, it probably won't be as good as it could have been.

One thing's for sure, though: if Krakoa ends and we're going back to basics, I'm out. I'll miss you guys a lot, but I'm not sitting through all that again.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It's such a weird feeling for me because everything he said scared the crap out of the Krakoa fan in me, but there were times where he could barely contain his excitement because in his opinion this is some of the best stuff they charted. So I'm nervously excited? Excitedly anxious? I don't know how I feel.
    Exactatiously, Sibling.

I'm excited for and anticipating a worlds/era-shattering story while simultaneously completely dreading that worlds/era-shattering story.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I'm kind of iffy because some ideas sound good on paper, but don't do nearly as well in execution. And while I like a majority of the books right now, nearly all of them have had noticeably flawed execution in their ideas. So even if we stick to Hickman's vision, it probably won't be as good as it could have been.

One thing's for sure, though: if Krakoa ends and we're going back to basics, I'm out. I'll miss you guys a lot, but I'm not sitting through all that again.
    I don't think we'll be going back to basics but I think there may be a scattering of sorts. I feel like the building out of Krakoa and Arakko is too good to just take away. But he kept stressing the "bad guys" and how they (whoever he's talking about) will get some major focus.

Exactatiously, Sibling.

I'm excited for and anticipating a worlds/era-shattering story while simultaneously completely dreading that worlds/era-shattering story.
    Yes! This is exactly how I think I feel. LOL
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Many have suspected this would be a tumultuous time ahead for our mutants so I'm just hoping for some really good stories. The thing that comforts me most is that this was mapped out from the top with Hickman.
    So, has Hickman ever displayed any disliking of Beast? I'm afraid that now that they've ruined him, they're going to kill him off permanently so they don't have to include him in the upcoming movie.

I just want this to be over so that the heroes can go back to being friends with each other.

In the interview Diammandis mentioned, these are some of the other things Duggan had to say about Fall of X:

- It's a big, big swerve.
    - Leading up to Fall of X, "There's a lot of soap opera coming in the spring and summer, and a lot of violence... there are going to be some really big, lasting bruises to come."
    - He's very excited about it because they always knew this was coming from the beginning (sounds like they are indeed getting back on Hickman's road) and they're currently writing backwards. "When I said to put your tray tables up, I know where we're landing and it's been great to be executing on it because it's been the best stuff from the top."
    - "I promise, even if you think Fall of X is a diminishment of X - it certainly is a fair guess - I don't think you're ever going to see how it happens and how dire it will be."

*thunderclap in the distance*
    I'm ready. Sounds awesome... and ominous. Cable will probably die. Again. But hopefully not.

Regardless, I look forward to finding out more hopefully soon.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I Dont want Krakoa to fall.

Maybe make Xavier for avoid to tell the Super hero community about Moira power and all the stuff he was hiding. But the mutants DESERVE peace wait two or three years and reboot all marvel if u want. But Krakoa NEEDS to stay. Change the Quiet Council. Make Emma president but DONT end Krakoa.

Theres lots of Character grow u can lost. a lot of Lore added to just wipe it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Is it Scottish ? I think I remember people saying it was Cockney ?
    I like this theory though.
    It might well be. I’m TERRIBLE with accents, when written. I had a HELL of a time with Rogue. One of my first comics was an ALF comic spoofing the X-Men. In it, Rogue is ‘Brogue’ an Irish brawler…so…I was trying to finagle an Irish accent out of Rogue’s written accent…

But was Mrs. Essex high class?

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    It might well be. I’m TERRIBLE with accents, when written. I had a HELL of a time with Rogue. One of my first comics was an ALF comic spoofing the X-Men. In it, Rogue is ‘Brogue’ an Irish brawler…so…I was trying to finagle an Irish accent out of Rogue’s written accent…

But was Mrs. Essex high class?
    I seem to recall she was, which would mean she speaks the 'King's English' and not cockney.

We need Krakoa era to end so let’s hope.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    listening to the interview that Duggan did with Off Panel and from what I understand Dr. Stasis was pitched by Duggan when Hickman was in the office
    I listened to it and to sounds like he let something slip by mistake: spoilers:
    he refers to Original Laura as Talon
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    We need Krakoa era to end so let’s hope.
    Totally disagree, totally. The Krakoa era is the best era since the Outback era.

What do you want, back to being a school? Nahhh
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Totally disagree, totally. The Krakoa era is the best era since the Outback era.

What do you want, back to being a school? Nahhh
    Yes. KRAKOA AETERNUM!