Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    So…

Re: Mother Righteous…

Do we know much about Mrs. Essex? I know she DESPISED Nathaniel once she discovered he’d been experimenting in their dead son, but…could Mother Righteous be somehow a blend of Sinister and…Mrs. Essex? Since each Sinister appears to be approaching the ‘mutant problem’ from different angles (Orbis is approaching them from a cosmic perspective, Stasis is approaching it from a ‘make humanity great again’ perspective, Classic is approaching it from a mutant supremacy angle, and Mother is approaching it from a mystical perspective…all four angles being deeply rooted in X-history), there is something that clicks in my mind at the idea of a Sinister with the DNA of a wealthy Victorian housewife using spiritualism (a particularly Victorian pursuit) as an approach to the ‘mutant problem’.

Of course, her Scottish brogue throws that off a bit, but could be an affectation…?
    Is it Scottish ? I think I remember people saying it was Cockney ?
    I like this theory though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'm certain this is Gillen's idea ,Duggan may have gone with the club Sinister, but by IXM#8 we know that there are four of them and were key to Prime Essex's plans ,maybe Gillen ran with it,but I think this was his idea from the get go.
    In various interview they said that Duggan wanted to make another Sinister in X-men, then they all 3 wondered what to do with them and Spurrier mused about the 4 sinister with the 4 cards emblem. As Main Sinister was in Immortal, and Sinister is one of Gillen's pet characters, he launched the main event and story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Is it Scottish ? I think I remember people saying it was Cockney ?
    I like this theory though.
    Mother Righteous is supposedly cockney, just like Dick Van Dyke was in Mary Poppins.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    4 sinisters didnt come from Gillen, it came from Duggan and Spurrier
    What did Spurrier even do?

Duggan revealed to first one and that tied into the Immortal issues.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What did Spurrier even do?

Duggan revealed to first one and that tied into the Immortal issues.
    Spurrier I believe came up with the idea to have a suit of Sinisters after Duggan introduced Statsis.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I'm certain this is Gillen's idea ,Duggan may have gone with the club Sinister, but by IXM#8 we know that there are four of them and were key to Prime Essex's plans ,maybe Gillen ran with it,but I think this was his idea from the get go.
    I don't know how it is just not obvious that the writer who is writing Sinister 4 Issue is not the architect.
    Regardless almost all the x-writers are framing Sinister as the ONLY big bad of comics. I am so wanted this shit to end before Fall of X instead Sinister is everywhere. He is more oversaturated than Wolverine right now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I don't know how it is just not obvious that the writer who is writing Sinister 4 Issue is not the architect.
    Regardless almost all the x-writers are framing Sinister as the ONLY big bad of comics. I am so wanted this shit to end before Fall of X instead Sinister is everywhere. He is more oversaturated than Wolverine right now.
    Indeed, the saturation would make Wolverine and the 'snikt' clan blush..ridiculous at this point ,but then with Gillen I'm not surprised

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/x-...erview-marvel/

CB.com: You mentioned the Sinister clones thing, where there are apparently four suits, and four different lineages running around. Is that a thing that you had planned that Gerry Duggan just got to reveal first in his X-Men book? Is it a joint thing? Does that tie in at all with what's going on in Sins of Sinister, or is this something to be dealt with once these particular cards have fallen?

Gillen: I would love to just say "yes" and that's my whole answer, but that's not my style. I must admit, I can't remember exactly where in my Immortal pitch I wrote what I'd written because there's a variety of stories going on. People know my Sinister -- let's call him Mutant Sinister -- his plan. We know part of it, the Moira part. We don't really know his other plans because what he's trying to do, that's still obscured. You'll find out in Sins of Sinister.

In terms of making there be four, I'm going to give the credit to Si Spurrier in the room because when we are talking -- Gerry, please correct me. I almost want to check with Gerry before saying anything because I think when Gerry was introducing Dr. Stasis, I'm not sure he had a club on his head. I think that might have been Si going, "Let's do four of them" around the office, and then suddenly that was immediately like, "That's an amazing idea. Let's do that."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Personally I find this whole concept of the four Sinisters pretty interesting and look forward to seeing each of them fleshed out more. While I agree that "Mutant (Diamond) Sinister" has been played out, these others not so much. Dr. Stasis (Club), Orbis Stellaris (Spade) and Mother Righteous (Heart) are all still intriguing to me.

Also really looking forward to finding out more about FoX and how SoS leads into it. The only thing we know about it so far is that Wolverine is on the run for some reason and no longer with X-Force, the Apocalypse Family is returning and the Sinisters are still around causing mayhem.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

It won't be long when he has more clones than Wolverine(which is actually true currently). And i am not saying this bc i am just blabbering. I am saying this because he is been written in such a way by Gillen. He is nigh unbeatable.
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-06-2023 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/x-...erview-marvel/

CB.com: You mentioned the Sinister clones thing, where there are apparently four suits, and four different lineages running around. Is that a thing that you had planned that Gerry Duggan just got to reveal first in his X-Men book? Is it a joint thing? Does that tie in at all with what's going on in Sins of Sinister, or is this something to be dealt with once these particular cards have fallen?

Gillen: I would love to just say "yes" and that's my whole answer, but that's not my style. I must admit, I can't remember exactly where in my Immortal pitch I wrote what I'd written because there's a variety of stories going on. People know my Sinister -- let's call him Mutant Sinister -- his plan. We know part of it, the Moira part. We don't really know his other plans because what he's trying to do, that's still obscured. You'll find out in Sins of Sinister.

In terms of making there be four, I'm going to give the credit to Si Spurrier in the room because when we are talking -- Gerry, please correct me. I almost want to check with Gerry before saying anything because I think when Gerry was introducing Dr. Stasis, I'm not sure he had a club on his head. I think that might have been Si going, "Let's do four of them" around the office, and then suddenly that was immediately like, "That's an amazing idea. Let's do that."
    listening to the interview that Duggan did with Off Panel and from what I understand Dr. Stasis was pitched by Duggan when Hickman was in the office
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    listening to the interview that Duggan did with Off Panel and from what I understand Dr. Stasis was pitched by Duggan when Hickman was in the office
    I'm literally listening to his interview right now lol. Yeah Stasis was a very early idea from what he says, and that the villain has some big stuff coming.

Two sentences he said about Fall of X: "We're bringing on the bad guys." "We're gonna start breaking hearts."

I'm literally listening to his interview right now lol. Yeah Stasis was a very early idea from what he says, and that the villain has some big stuff coming.

Two sentences he said about Fall of X: "We're bringing on the bad guys." "We're gonna start breaking hearts."
    In the interview Diammandis mentioned, these are some of the other things Duggan had to say about Fall of X:

- It's a big, big swerve.
    - Leading up to Fall of X, "There's a lot of soap opera coming in the spring and summer, and a lot of violence... there are going to be some really big, lasting bruises to come."
    - He's very excited about it because they always knew this was coming from the beginning (sounds like they are indeed getting back on Hickman's road) and they're currently writing backwards. "When I said to put your tray tables up, I know where we're landing and it's been great to be executing on it because it's been the best stuff from the top."
    - "I promise, even if you think Fall of X is a diminishment of X - it certainly is a fair guess - I don't think you're ever going to see how it happens and how dire it will be."

*thunderclap in the distance*

In the interview Diammandis mentioned, these are some of the other things Duggan had to say about Fall of X:

- It's a big, big swerve.
    - Leading up to Fall of X, "There's a lot of soap opera coming in the spring and summer, and a lot of violence... there are going to be some really big, lasting bruises to come."
    - He's very excited about it because they always knew this was coming from the beginning (sounds like they are indeed getting back on Hickman's road) and they're currently writing backwards. "When I said to put your tray tables up, I know where we're landing and it's been great to be executing on it because it's been the best stuff from the top."
    - "I promise, even if you think Fall of X is a diminishment of X - it certainly is a fair guess - I don't think you're ever going to see how it happens and how dire it will be."

*thunderclap in the distance*
    This...really doesn't sound like it bodes well for fans, at least to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    This...really doesn't sound like it bodes well for fans, at least to me.
    Many have suspected this would be a tumultuous time ahead for our mutants so I'm just hoping for some really good stories. The thing that comforts me most is that this was mapped out from the top with Hickman.