Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Yep, sounds like Apocalypse is going to be a problem coming back. Glad Ewing is handling his return.

Also, sounds like whatever happens, Sinister is going to remember the events of Sins of Sinister.
    thats not entirely new info. Everything in SOS happens. Its been described as a nightmare that the characters live through and the fallout will involve ow they deal with the knowledge of what transpired. It seems like it will be more along the lines of Age of X in that regard

Spectacular Member

Why does Orlando have a new book? He's not even as good as Duggan. I'm afraid that in Fall of X, Scott and Jean will be written by him...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I wonder what some certain mutants would think of Nightcrawler now also rocking bone shards growing out of his body fashion?

Was nice not having Apocalypse around for a while because i find him overrated and his design lackluster (he looks like a substance abusing juggalo body builder). Also his "legendary" first horsemen really showed no sign of being any more interesting than 90% of the past short time horsemen either. To say nothing of how forgetable the big evil demon horde and their dark god had been. But of course they had to come back. So it was always just going to be a brief time out.

Meanwhile they've also done a great job at making me tired of having Sinister as this big adversary around, so no enthusiam for that plot either.

Finaly i'm not really expecting much "shock" from the shocking information Jean and co. are going to get.
    really overrated? Your favorite x-men villains is someone underrated?

Mighty Member

glad pocky and his family is coming back.

these tie in's look cool.

All of his OG Horseman lost all their fights the first time around, and Death lost his against a drunk, powerless Storm. Personally Apocalypse has always felt like a jobber, with a wildly inconsistent backstory and powerset, so him coming back is meh. Plus the Marvel Strike Force game has been hyping his release in the game all year, so I have been overdosed on the big, blueberry wannabe Biblical cosplayer.

Really the big takeaway from the solicits for me is that SoS doesn't matter at all. All it really does it get Sinister off Krakoa, but they don't even deal with him permanently there. Just a big waste of time unless you're a Storm fan, then you will at least get a couple cool moments from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Sons of X - sounds like LoX won't be coming back after SoS and this will wrap up Spurrier's plots. Legion vs Nimrod has potential. Sucks that they spoiled what happens to Warlock. Noto seems like an odd choice for a fighty issue.

Heralds - the most interesting looking, excited to see what Apoc has been up to and where he may be going. I trust Ewing.

First Strike - sounds the least interesting. Vague solicit and Orlando's X-books have not been for me. Hopefully it doesn't involve time travel, retcons, or the Shiar. at least it's not drawn by Carlini.

Four Sinisters - So by the end of SoS the Sinisters will stop fighting each other and start working together. It seems like diamond Sinister will no longer be on Krakoa?
    Agreed. The Heralds of Apocalypse book is the only one I'm really interested, for precisely the reasons you stated. Also, I'm hoping this is where Cable shows up.

Where Logan and Cable end up could also sway my choices in terms of what I buy and don't, so really need to see more and find out where those two are headed. Along with other faves... but mostly those two.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I'm so tired of Sinister. I was really hoping he'd be done by the end of SoS

Excited for Apoc and Genesis.

I’m all in for all of this. I’m most excited for the Apoca-fam. I like KG writing Sinister so I’ll take all I can get of that.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Happy to see the Marauder jackets from X-Men Green return. Hope they're in whatever the next version of that book is

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    We still have issue 11 and 12 for Immortal (Storm and Piotrs issues) as well as an annual so Immoral is done after SoS and according to Ewing he still is writing for stuff for after SoS
    Is this not the annual?

Rictor: You're finally back!

Apocalypse: Oh hey... you...

Rictor: ...You totally forgot who I was, didn't you?

Apocalypse: Ummm....

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Is this not the annual?
    I am assuming it is not, I feel like if it were an annual it would be titled Immortal X-Men Annual #1...but who knows tbh I wouldn't be surprised if this was
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Initial thoughts:

1. Legion of X is not going to be able to wrap up it’s plot before SoS, so we need this one-shot to wrap things up because it likely isn’t returning.
    2. Ewing is setting us up for some sweet Arakki reunions in X-Men Red.
    3. Even though Orlando’s Marauders is done, he’s sticking with the X-Office! This seems like an entirely new launching point from him.
    4. Gillen just managed to half my SoS excitement, because despite the fact that we’re about enter an event that is literally about Sinister through and through, he cannot stop himself from doing more.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 01-30-2023 at 06:38 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Good grief, we're totally going to end up with a Sinister quadrilogy, aren't we? Such a weird hill to die on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Initial thoughts:

1. Legion of X is not going to be able to wrap up it’s plot before SoS, so we need this one-shot to wrap things up because it likely isn’t returning.
    2. Ewing is setting us up for some sweet Arakki reunions in X-Men Red.
    3. Even though Orlando’s Marauders is done, he’s sticking with the X-Office! This seems like an entirely new launching point from him.
    4. Gillen just managed to half my SoS excitement, because despite the fact that we’re about enter an event that is literally about Sinister through and through, he cannot stop himself from doing more.
    Agree with all of this too. I’m betting LoX and Marauders are going away to be replaced by something else.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”