Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I mean.... using that logic who on Krakoa is "old enough" for Selene?
    Maybe Apocalypse?

Also, I would be interested in some new stories about Externals that we never saw before.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member

I'd find it grim but amusing to find out that one of the Externals likes to have a kid or two every generation only to later hunt them down, under the (deluded?) impression that he's somehow growing and re-absorbing and increasing his power through this psychotic practice. Probably should be one of them that can appear human, like Nicodemus or Absolom.

How on Earth Crule, that giant fugly purple idiot, has been creeping around human society for thousands of years without causing a spectacle is beyond me. He can barely fit through a door, or into a car, and certainly couldn't be mistaken for a normal human, how does he even function? Let alone covertly for many centuries?
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-03-2023 at 09:08 AM.

Krakoa itself, and they're also single.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

If I remember correctly, in the X-Force issue right before the Child's Play crossover, Saul mentioned he has had children.

I want a story where Selene casts a spell that let's her control all of her descendants.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    I want a story where Selene casts a spell that let's her control all of her descendants.
    Hmmn. Not sure, but LOL, that would be such a Selene thing to do!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    If I remember correctly, in the X-Force issue right before the Child's Play crossover, Saul mentioned he has had children.
    He did indeed. That introduction of the Externals back during the Nicieza/Capullo run on X-Force was so good. It was like they were creating new characters every damn issue. From Stryfe, Zero and the MLF; to Deadpool, Copycat and Garrison Kane; to G.W. Bridge and Six Pack; to the Externals; to Weapon P.R.I.M.E. I remember X-Force even having their own competing Toy Biz toy line, that ran alongside the X-men proper toy line, with all of these characters... I had both Krule and Killjoy (from Weapon P.R.I.M.E.) and was always getting them confused.

I kind of miss when X-Force really felt like a franchise unto itself, as opposed to being just "X-men doing black ops stuff." Wish they'd let Al Ewing take over X-Force and put his stamp on it, while breaking some of these old characters out from the Nicieza/Capullo run and fleshing them out more. Make it interplanetary in scope across Earth and Mars/Arakko with X-Force as operatives of S.W.O.R.D. In fact, X-Force: Agents of S.W.O.R.D. has a pretty cool ring to it. Just put the "Agents of S.W.O.R.D." sub title underneath the larger X-Force logo and it'd be perfect!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Back when it was suggested that Selene likes to share snippets of her power to draw upon life-force with other young mutants (like Amara) to turn them into pseudo-vampires like herself, my very first thought was, 'Yeah, but what does *Selene* get out of this, other than competition and another mouth to feed?'

And then I thought, 'What if those 'pseudo-vampires' she creates don't get 100% of the life-force they absorb? What if Selene is the original pyramid scheme, as old as the actual pyramids, and when one of her 'spawn' feeds, they only get some of that yummy life-force and the rest goes mystically around the world to feed mama (and if it's *always* been the case, they'd have no idea that they weren't getting all the life-force, since they've never had anything to compare it to!), so that even if she's sleeping away a few centuries, or mystically bound, or paralyzed or 'dead' at the bottom of the ocean, she's getting constant energy-boosts from her 'kids' feeding to sustain their own immortal lives... If she's got enough 'kids' out there, even just three or four, perhaps, scattered across the world, far, far away (so that she doesn't actually have to compete with them for resources, or give a crap if vampire-hunters are stirred up by their actions), she doesn't even *have* to feed herself, just sit back and wait for the tithes to roll in!'

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I confess I’m ignorant about Selene’s offsprings, was she really Amara grandmother? She’s such a glutton for life-force than I can hardly picture her giving birth to a new individual without turning them into a snack at the first occasion.
    Well, not the first occasion, but Amara blames Selene for her mother's death, and Selene did try and drain Amara and throw her into a volcano. Come to think of it, 14 years is the blink of an eye for Selene.

He did indeed. That introduction of the Externals back during the Nicieza/Capullo run on X-Force was so good. It was like they were creating new characters every damn issue. From Stryfe, Zero and the MLF; to Deadpool, Copycat and Garrison Kane; to G.W. Bridge and Six Pack; to the Externals; to Weapon P.R.I.M.E. I remember X-Force even having their own competing Toy Biz toy line, that ran alongside the X-men proper toy line, with all of these characters... I had both Krule and Killjoy (from Weapon P.R.I.M.E.) and was always getting them confused.
    A lot of that was Liefeld, not Nicieza, but yeah, it seemed like early X-Force was constantly doing stuff and meeting new characters. Plus it gave the New Mutants characters a place to be where they didn't just feel like the Jr. team.

how about Krakoa?

Edit: damn. Beaten to the punch by rift
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Amazing Member

Did we ever get an explanation for why Apocalypse's sword was "imbued with External Sadness?" This is the sword that Isca forged for him and Genesis for their wedding I believe

Astonishing Member

Did someone allready throw in the possibility that by now a large part of the human population might to some degree be their offsprings?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Did someone allready throw in the possibility that by now a large part of the human population might to some degree be their offsprings?
    Oh yeah, as old as Selene is... she could be ancestor of like half the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Of course some offsrpring might not have inherited the External genes and definitely would then by human.