Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Shouldn’t more of the Externals have offspring besides Apocalypse and Selene?

You would think so. Or have more mutants revealed as their descendants.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    You would think so. Or have more mutants revealed as their descendants.
    I confess I’m ignorant about Selene’s offsprings, was she really Amara grandmother? She’s such a glutton for life-force than I can hardly picture her giving birth to a new individual without turning them into a snack at the first occasion.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I confess I’m ignorant about Selene’s offsprings, was she really Amara grandmother? She’s such a glutton for life-force than I can hardly picture her giving birth to a new individual without turning them into a snack at the first occasion.
    Right. I didn't know she had any kids.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Maybe she just had a phase or was curious. Like when teenagers get piercings, Selene had babies. Or she had kids as part of various evil plans. She could just ditch any of her kids when she was bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Mighty Member

I'd be surprised if more did have kids.

They're all generally self serving and loners.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Yeah she definitely had husbands in Nova Rooms over the years. I assume she procreated to amass power & wealth, but also to try and have powerful children that might inherit some of her powers. We know that Amara is related to Selene by blood, but we don't really know how many generations.

As for the rest is likely they did have children but if they were human they died, so perhaps they chose not to have more so they don't have to see them die? I think En Sabah Nur choose to not have children after Genesis and have his blood to people to alter their DNA to be of his line.

I think Romulus and Remus should be the offspring of Krule. Why not? All are feral barbarian warriors.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Yes, I as well.

But I believe that if Selene does not use too much power/too many of her powers in too fast of a fashion, she does not require the life force of others to sustain herself.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Right. I didn't know she had any kids.
    As said, Magma is her great granddaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Yeah she definitely had husbands in Nova Rooms over the years. I assume she procreated to amass power & wealth, but also to try and have powerful children that might inherit some of her powers. We know that Amara is related to Selene by blood, but we don't really know how many generations.

As for the rest is likely they did have children but if they were human they died, so perhaps they chose not to have more so they don't have to see them die? I think En Sabah Nur choose to not have children after Genesis and have his blood to people to alter their DNA to be of his line.
    So it is confirmed, it would be nice to have Magma around next time a x-writer decides to use Selene. thank you Askani’s Flame, I’m actually changing my opinion on her, see the rest of my post….

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I as well.

But I believe that if Selene does not use too much power/too many of her powers in too fast of a fashion, she does not require the life force of others to sustain herself.
    You’r right Indeed, greater power expenditure does make a difference in her case, as I was typing my response I started to remember she had thing for the new mutant Wither…..like she took him as a protégé or something, to think that she would do the same with Rachel or Madelyne…mmmmmmmh…...wanna bet that She’s secretly longing to be a mother figure to mutant misfits and we never even gave her credit for it?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

So it is confirmed, it would be nice to have Magma around next time a x-writer decides to use Selene. thank you Askani’s Flame, I’m actually changing my opinion on her, see the rest of my post….

You’r right Indeed, greater power expenditure does make a difference in her case, as I was typing my response I started to remember she had thing for the new mutant Wither…..like she took him as a protégé or something, to think that she would do the same with Rachel or Madelyne…mmmmmmmh…...wanna bet that She’s secretly longing to be a mother figure to mutant misfits and we never even gave her credit for it?
    That would be very interesting.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Yes! Good point!

Fantastic Member

We barely know anything about other Externals, so they could very well also have descendants. And since they are all lived for centuries, and some even for thousands of years, it makes sense what they would have went through different periods and could have settled down at some point and had a family. Many x-villains have a change of heart, becoming heroes, and some then becoming villains again. So, if they, with just few dozens of years of life, could change several times, then why could not change people who lived and experienced way more? Selene, for example, seemed to be quite content to be living in Nova Roma in isolation for centuries since the times of Ancient Rome. Other Externals could have as well had such periods.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think Romulus and Remus should be the offspring of Krule. Why not? All are feral barbarian warriors.
    It'd be nice for those char had some semblance of a backstory that makes sense
    Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I'd be surprised if more did have kids.

They're all generally self serving and loners.
    I don't care how much of a loner you are there are some itches you can't scratch alone
    Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    We barely know anything about other Externals, so they could very well also have descendants. And since they are all lived for centuries, and some even for thousands of years, it makes sense what they would have went through different periods and could have settled down at some point and had a family. Many x-villains have a change of heart, becoming heroes, and some then becoming villains again. So, if they, with just few dozens of years of life, could change several times, then why could not change people who lived and experienced way more? Selene, for example, seemed to be quite content to be living in Nova Roma in isolation for centuries since the times of Ancient Rome. Other Externals could have as well had such periods.
    Truth
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    It'd be nice for those char had some semblance of a backstory that makes sense
    Yeah, I wrote a whole head canon piece in some thread awhile back tying them to Krule, the founding of Rome, Apocalypse, the Assassin's Guild (which they founded) and ultimately Weapon X and Wolverine. Someone needs to make sense of Romulus (and his sister Remus) in my humble opinion.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”