Default One Minute War Special Spoilers/Discussion

We interrupt your regularly scheduled speedsters story to bring you even more speedsters. I mean we get to learn more about the Fraction but really aren’t we here for the people who run. Or in this case the people who run and weren’t with the family.

I’m going to break this down in the following parts: The Fraction, Avery, “Michael Myers”, and the Kids.

The Fraction- Basically if I were to explain it one day a race of aliens discovered the speed force and built machines necessary to tap into it and greatly expanded. One problem though was because of the speed of expansion they needed more resources because they consumed theirs so quickly that they started conquering other worlds. The problem for our heroes though is because once they discovered people who could organically tap into the speed force they used them to travel to the multiverse and hypertime, as seen in Dark Crisis tie-in. So they know how to capture Flashes basically.

Avery- She was fighting a villain named Wu who steals souls when the Fraction showed up and she learns about them and gets involved as she gets her soul back. It’s pretty simple, it’s really just showing what Avery was up to and how she gets involving in the fight against the Fraction since she wasn’t with the Flash Family when things went down.

“Michael Myers”- So I’m calling it that because an unexpected speedster shows up and starts pulling slasher movie moves on a squadron of the Fraction who are investigating a big house while resource hunting. He’s even got the big knife and stalking all horror style. Hopefully we don’t see any fraction horror movie survivors for a sequel, none of them look like Final girls.

So whose the killer? Well you may know him well as Flash readers, spoilers:
    It’s Godspeed. Jeremy Adams has Williamson’s anti-villain speedster return to start killing some aliens. I didn’t see it coming but he did get revived at the end of Williamson’s run and I guess he would notice the planet slowing down and invaded by aliens
    end of spoilers

The kids - spoilers:
    This is actually set in the future, and I’m guessing that is possible since the Fraction have access to hypertime and can go anywhere and any when. The hero of our story is Jai, wearing Wally’s rebirth suit with an x pattern on it, and who recognizes that he’s frozen in the present but he is here now because he has more speed force control and is the Surge while Irey is the Flash. Their mission? Rescue their brother who hasn’t been born in the present.

That’s right Wally’s having a boy, congrats. Anyway things get interesting when Gold Beetle returns and starts making out with Jai. Apparently they have a prior history together. Anyway I’m assuming that means they are coming to the present to help. Why else have a time traveling girlfriend in a war arc?
    end of spoilers

Anyway this was fun and introduced new players to the field as this story continues.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-31-2023 at 07:47 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

spoilers:
    I was kind of hoping Wally would have another daughter, though I guess we have enough female Speedsters?

I think Gold Beetle and Impulse were a thing...
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

It gonna lie I love adult Jai. I’d hope we get to see more of his and grown up Ireys adventures. Also who is Impulse at this time, Wallace finally get the name, timeline appropriate Bart.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I was kind of hoping Wally would have another daughter, though I guess we have enough female Speedsters?

I think Gold Beetle and Impulse were a thing...
    end of spoilers
    I can only think of XS, Jesse Quick and her moms, and Dervish.Who are the other femmes that are solely speedsters? Are we counting acquisitions like Milestone and Wildstorm?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I can only think of XS, Jesse Quick and her moms, and Dervish.Who are the other femmes that are solely speedsters? Are we counting acquisitions like Milestone and Wildstorm?
    Don't forget Dawn Allen and Avery Ho!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Yo dang, I was actually thinking spoilers:
    of how an evil speedster would go against the Fraction and lo and behold Godspeed is back pulling a Mike Myers on them.
    end of spoilers

This gonna be fun

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    It gonna lie I love adult Jai. I’d hope we get to see more of his and grown up Ireys adventures. Also who is Impulse at this time, Wallace finally get the name, timeline appropriate Bart.
    That could be a way for them to use Future State Aquawoman too, who's just a toddler in the present day. She was a teenager when she was on the Future State Justice League, so if Jai and Irey are in their 20s Andy would be the same age as she was there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Isn't Impulse Bart still? Bart actually knows Gold Beetle, as shown in the first arc of Adams, and he had a tough time explaining his kinship with Jai, that is the son of his grandmother's nephew.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.