Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    100% word-for-word. Sinister used to terrify me (Interestingly, not so much Claremont's version, but the early to mid 90s version) - He was creepy, enigmatic and unpredictable. Now - the current Gillen version is hilarious, and exudes a personality / voice we didn't know we needed. But you can't compare the two.

Having said that, was there any explanation for the sudden campy personality transplant? Did it have anything to do with that confusing Miss Sinister storyline?
    One of them is the sinister we know and love, and. The other is Sinister of Hearts
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
    I think the problem is that Mr. Sinister haven't been overly utilized before 2010ish.

It's funny how this year always comes up when we are discussing the dip (more like falling off a cliff) in quality in Marvel comics. Yeah, I absolutely loathe this version of the character.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I saw somewhere that Mr. Sinister's old look could be described as "Space Dracula", and that's feel really fitting to me. He did have a cold and evil but forceful personality to him.

No he feels less like Lugosi or Christopher Lee and more Tim Curry. I like Tim Curry, but I don't feel it fits the character here. There's no dignity in the character anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I saw somewhere that Mr. Sinister's old look could be described as "Space Dracula", and that's feel really fitting to me. He did have a cold and evil but forceful personality to him.

No he feels less like Lugosi or Christopher Lee and more Tim Curry. I like Tim Curry, but I don't feel it fits the character here. There's no dignity in the character anymore.
    Funny to say for a character that was literally designed to look like they were a 10 year old's wildest imagining of what a ridiculous supervillain would look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

It's funny how this year always comes up when we are discussing the dip (more like falling off a cliff) in quality in Marvel comics. Yeah, I absolutely loathe this version of the character.
    I've literally never heard anyone say that year was the cliff for Marvel ever before you lol

BANNED

Pretty sure he was talking during the time of the decade when Schism and AVX happened.

What if Deadpool was a mad scientist!?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

What happened to Sinister in terms of power?

He used to be able to take on a team of X-Men solo, now he seems to have the strength of an ordinary human.

Was this explained at all?

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    What happened to Sinister in terms of power?

He used to be able to take on a team of X-Men solo, now he seems to have the strength of an ordinary human.

Was this explained at all?
    What were his powers actually ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    What were his powers actually ?
    Shapeshifting, super strength and durability (to the point where he treated Rogue like she was nothing), superfast healing, energy blasts, some degree of mental powers to where other telepaths couldn't read or detect him and he could put mental blocks in people's heads that prevented them from using their powers, immortality, and teleportation (which may have been tech based).

Astonishing Member

As I understand, the terms of Sinister getting Paper Clip’d into the amnesty and getting a seat on the Council was A) provide his genetic database, 2) kill off his other clones and 3) only have a X-Gene of a single irretrievable mutant (at the time Thunderbird)

Amazing Member

Mr. Sinister was a powerhouse in terms of ability. I think Alan2099 summed it up pretty well, but he was force to be reckoned with. It's another reason why the new Sinister is so strange and appears non-threatening.

Shapeshifting, super strength and durability (to the point where he treated Rogue like she was nothing), superfast healing, energy blasts, some degree of mental powers to where other telepaths couldn't read or detect him and he could put mental blocks in people's heads that prevented them from using their powers, immortality, and teleportation (which may have been tech based).
    Yeah so a bit of everything with no link between the powers. That's what I remembered. I found it boring tbh. At least now it's explained by him using genetically modified weapons.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

To be fair, most of his boss fights in the comics like Inferno and TAS were written before it was revealed he was some British flatscan who crossed paths with Apocalypse rather than some other evil mutant like Magneto and Exodus. After that, he barely got into fights in the books and was just some evil scientist with bad skin.
    "Cable was right!"