Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    How many medical shows do we have? How many zombie shows do we have? How many superhero shows and movies that we have? How many crime shows that we have?

Let's not act like Gods and Monsters is a market that is oversaturated....its far from it. Shazam barely deals with greek gods. Thor has had 1 greek god in it. Percy Jackson is for kids.
    I believe you meant Trix...

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I respectfully disagree with this. Superman gets a live-action film, and Supergirl gets a live-action film. Batman gets two movie franchises, and the Reeves Batman films still get spin-offs.

Wonder Woman can't even get a live-action film announced.

I don't really buy the "we need distance from Gal Gadot" reasoning. 2025 would already be 4 years between WW84 and whatever reboot they develop for Wonder Woman, since WW84 came out during Christmas 2020. According to most people, even some on this very board, WW84 was such a colossal failure that it destroyed the DCEU. Those aren't my words, but the words of someone else on this board. Why would there need to be space between such a failure and something that could potentially be successful? Especially in a time where we will have three Batman depictions on screen.

2025 could have had Wonder Woman in March, Superman in July, and Batman in October. Talk about building confidence in a new DCU movie verse and their Elseworlds division. Instead, we'll get an Amazons without Diana. We also don't know when Diana/Wonder Woman will be introduced into this new DCU, but at least we have The Authority and Booster Gold confirmed.

I genuinely see this as a step back. I am open to the Amazons show, but I can't be excited.
    I do just want to point out that Gunn specifically said he only went through about half of the projects on the slate and will be revealing the rest later. We didn’t get any release dates other than The Batman 2 and Superman and it certainly wasn’t like a Kevin Feige slate that maps out the exact planned timeline and sketches out the arc of the “chapter,” it was a hodgepodge of projects presented in general chronological order.

I think part of it is definitely spacing out Gal’s final appearance and the reboot as much as possible, but there’s also the fact that Gal’s final appearance hasn’t even been released yet. They’re not going to announce a reboot when she’s in 2 upcoming films that they still need to promote, which is also why they’re wishy-washy about the future of Flash and Aquaman. We could very well be getting a WW movie in the first few years that wasn’t announced with this batch - not saying to bet on it, just saying you can’t rule anything out at this point.

Also Gunn didn’t mention My Adventures with Superman, the upcoming Tomorrowverse movies, or the upcoming special/season of Harley Quinn so anything could be cooking on the animated side.

Either way I’m still psyched about the Amazons series and I suspect their mythos will play a major role in the first DCU chapter (Gods and Monsters certainly points to it) which is awesome. It’ll really set the scale of Diana and her world. Also between an Amazons series and a Swamp Thing film in the mix I kind of wonder if they’re setting up something like Witching Hour…

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Also Gunn didn’t mention My Adventures with Superman, the upcoming Tomorrowverse movies, or the upcoming special/season of Harley Quinn so anything could be cooking on the animated side.

It’ll really set the scale of Diana and her world. Also between an Amazons series and a Swamp Thing film in the mix I kind of wonder if they’re setting up something like Witching Hour…
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I do agree that an animated series would be have been great, and LOOOOOONG overdue. For me, a good serialized cartoon is often better than the movies. I think if we had that to go along with the video game and Amazon show, we'd be sitting pretty good until the movie came out.
    Agreed regarding the animated series. Let's hope Amazon is developing one as we speak.

I would love it if Witching Hour was one of those big Avengers-level/Justice League-level threats on film. Circe is one of the few female villains that could anchor such an event.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They really should've talked about how this (hopefully) takes inspiration from Historia. Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow is seeing a big sales spike from the announcement yesterday.

This honestly sounds very interesting. I really hope they get writers who actually know they're stuff on WW lore, Greek myth, and political intrigue. This could be a serious contender for stuff like Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Well, I'm glad a WW project was announced at least but I have no idea what to expect because this could either really right or really wrong.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

YESSSSSSSSSS, I've always wanted this especially when DC were doing prequel series with Gotham and Krypton. I just hope they don't get too man hatey and also to showcase the bana tribe.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Yeah, I think this is how they're adding a buffer between Gal and the new WW while establishing WW's lore in the new DCU. He also didn't say anything about the future of Shazam, Aquaman (or Lobo), or Flash in the new DCU - they're not gonna announce that characters are being recast before they've even made their final appearances, especially when they could really use WW for marketing.

Also Gunn specifically said that this isn't everything, and we know for a fact that there are already several projects in the works that he didn't mention (the Reevesverse Penguin spin-off, Peacemaker season 2, My Adventures With Superman, Batman: Caped Crusader assuming it gets picked up by another studio). My guess is that we'll hear more after The Flash, likely at SDCC. It's annoying that he won't just say outright that they're recasting everyone but it feels pretty obvious to me.
    They did mention Peacemaker season 2, it's not happening but it's characters will be used in Waller.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Gunn liked a tweet recommending these comics as inspiration for Paradise Lost:

- Historia
    - Perez’s run
    - Paradise Lost (Jimenez)
    - The Circle

We don’t have much to go off of at the moment but that’s definitely reassuring.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Gunn liked a tweet recommending these comics as inspiration for Paradise Lost:

- Historia
    - Perez’s run
    - Paradise Lost (Jimenez)
    - The Circle

We don’t have much to go off of at the moment but that’s definitely reassuring.
    As if now, it doesn't seem he's like any tweets about the Azz run (if there are any), has he?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    As if now, it doesn't seem he's like any tweets about the Azz run (if there are any), has he?
    Didn't they use an image from the Finch run as part of this show's promotion?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Didn't they use an image from the Finch run as part of this show's promotion?
    I saw that in an article covering the announcement, not sure if it came directly from Gunn or DC/WB

I think they just grabbed the first art they could use just for some visuals, they used EO art for Lanterns.

Fantastic Member

DCU's Wonder Woman TV Series Could Take a Page from House of the Dragon

https://www.cbr.com/dcu-wonder-woman...-dragon-nubia/

Ethnicity could become a key component of what Gunn and Safran are planning in terms of what Themyscira was before Queen Hippolyta had Diana. WB's envisioning a Game of Thrones-like story on Paradise Island, so racial divides would speak to current times, humanizing the realm as much as possible. After all, Wonder Woman has been a predominately white story, per decades of comics and even what Zack Snyder did. But one character who could shake this status quo can be Nubia.