Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    To be fair, 2 of those will be Batdad and Old Man Batman (though rumors are circulating that Keaton has been cut from The Flash movie).
    There's zero way to cut Keaton from Flash

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

So the only thing in the near future that Wonder Woman related is a prequel focusing on public domain characters? Yawn..............call me when Cheetah, Giganta, or Dr. Poison show up and fight Diana as Wonder Woman.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how long before Diana's birth it'll be set. Like early enough that Hippolyta hasn't quite felt the desire of wanting a child?

I guess for me WW is all about female empowerment and cooperation, which is what Themyscira represents. I'm not saying there shouldn't be conflict but I don't want the former aspect to be diluted to make it feel more GoT-like.
    Maybe they will consolidate the Bana Amazons onto the island, so we get Jimenez's civil war arc in the events that lead to Themyscira being a paradise in the modern day? To show that they didn't become a paradise over night, and tackle the gray areas of the Amazons and have them sort it out before they become the enlightened teachers of Diana (and, god willing, Donna).

Alkyone and her crew being around could be a good idea too

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    call me when Cheetah, Giganta, or Dr. Poison show up and fight Diana as Wonder Woman.
    We already got two of those battles and they were...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    We already got two of those battles and they were...

I think the movie design for Dr. Poison was perfect.

I agree with the poster Dr. Poison. I would even take an HBO Wonder Woman series over no Wonder Woman, at all.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I honestly wouldn't take the Game of Thrones comparison very seriously. Literally everyone makes that comparison, even for children's show, its very much popular PR talk.

Otherwise I hope they use Historia as the inspiration/basis for this. Its the perfect opportunity for making a show about the Amazons.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 01-31-2023 at 06:30 PM.

My crystal ball says... wait and see.

If you have the point of view that Gal's first movie was DCEU's crowning achievement, then it's kinda understandable that they now want to put a lot of time/distance between her and the next WW.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Just how every show with a vampire stakes itself as "the next Buffy" this is no different than the GoT comparison. it's something to give people a general idea. Mythological. Grand. Fighting for control.

If they are smart they will use Historia as the basic foundations for the show. Have the gods play a large role, Hercules as a season long big bad, end the season with them getting to the Island. Having them be part of different tribes like in Historia and LoWW would be best.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    My crystal ball says... wait and see.

If you have the point of view that Gal's first movie was DCEU's crowning achievement, then it's kinda understandable that they now want to put a lot of time/distance between her and the next WW.
    Yeah. Cavill was not embraced as Superman the way Gadot was as Wonder Woman, and his last solo cinematic venture is now almost a decade in the past, while hers is more fresh. That's why Cavill being dropped and a Superman movie being fast tracked vs. buying time as they figure out wth to do with Gal makes sense.

It's not ideal (and of course, Batman gets multiple versions at once without as much need to space them out), but it's not like Amazons are small potatoes as far as the WW franchise is concerned. They're kind of a big deal. If the world building in the Amazons show ends up being good, it will give us an indication of what the actual WW solo films will be like. Plus they can build up the hype for Diana facing Ares again, and maybe Circe as well, if they flesh them out as serious threats in this show.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Maybe they will consolidate the Bana Amazons onto the island, so we get Jimenez's civil war arc in the events that lead to Themyscira being a paradise in the modern day? To show that they didn't become a paradise over night, and tackle the gray areas of the Amazons and have them sort it out before they become the enlightened teachers of Diana (and, god willing, Donna).

Alkyone and her crew being around could be a good idea too
    I like this. I really do. Get some compelling storylines about intrigue and deceit behind the facade of "paradise," led up to some sort of huge ass conflict that shakes the foundation of Themyscira society, and end up with a new status quo that becomes/establishes/cements the peace-loving, hopeful, inspiring amazon society that Marston envisioned. Maybe from there they will intro our new Wonder Woman (although I will miss Gal Gadot )

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If this leads to another eventual shot at the gods, clay birth, Amazon tech, Cheetah and Circe, I'm fine with losing WW3 in the present
    I concur. I want to see a project that actualizes the Pre-Flashturd version of the character. And not just lifting a panel from an old book the way that WW1984 did with the truck or the way Zack did anything.

It's nice to see the Amazons get focused on, but we didn't get Krypton the show after the first two Superman movies and Pennyworth after the first two Batman movies.

It is very clearly buffer and an attempt to get some distance between WW84 and the new one. Which doesn't mean it can't be a great show but taking out Diana as the pov character feels wrong. They don't mention her, so I doubt she'll be a child in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    It's nice to see the Amazons get focused on, but we didn't get Krypton the show after the first two Superman movies and Pennyworth after the first two Batman movies.

It is very clearly buffer and an attempt to get some distance between WW84 and the new one. Which doesn't mean it can't be a great show but taking out Diana as the pov character feels wrong. They don't mention her, so I doubt she'll be a child in the series.
    I hope that the show is a huge success, and I hope that the very last episode features the birth of our dear Diana. Clay birth, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    So the only thing in the near future that Wonder Woman related is a prequel focusing on public domain characters? Yawn..............call me when Cheetah, Giganta, or Dr. Poison show up and fight Diana as Wonder Woman.
    Hmmmm. This makes me wonder if the Wonder Fandom is as fractured as that of her peers comprising the legendary Triumvirate of Justice and Power. Or maybe moreso.

Do we like our Amazonian involvement on the order of the TV Show where it is rare we see them? Or uber involved as in the Ambassador days picking up the Perez yarn of bringing the Amazon tenets to the world? Or ...?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    They are probably trying to put some space between Gal's last appearance as Diana, and whoever the new Diana actress will be.
    It buys them some time, and keeps the Amazons part of the DCU (that's good) but delays any future Diana appearances until when (?)...2028? 2030? (that's bad).
    DINGDINGDING!

That's the exact impression I'm getting.

Honestly, I think they'd be better off giving Diana a real movie franchise in a few years than this "hey you wanna hear about her aunts?" series that will, in all likelihood, seem random without her in it.

Folks in general still don't know 5 Wonder Woman villains by name. A prequel? That's.....not sounding wise.

Even Gotham and Smallville had to force in every major villain and supporting character early, just to get people to watch.

I'm not saying it can't work but...maybe make some good WW movies first?