Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    it was in an interview he did a while back i'd have to look it up but I'm pretty sure it was around the time he wrote Emma in Marvel 2 in 1
    If we are going based on interviews then 80% of the them would be Emma Frost. lol
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I thought Lobdell and Fabian gave great stories for Henry.
    I also felt Morrison showed great characterization for him as well.
    Well, I meant more nowadays, but yes, Lobdell and Fabian were good to Hank. But I feel Morrison started the era of Hank being a sad sack by making him a cat-man: "I'm a cat-man! I'm ugly! I hate myself!"

Spectacular Member

Love when writers have taste ☺️

BANNED

Frank Tieri: Wolverine
    Bendis: Charles
    Cullen Bunn: Mags

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Well, I meant more nowadays, but yes, Lobdell and Fabian were good to Hank. But I feel Morrison started the era of Hank being a sad sack by making him a cat-man: "I'm a cat-man! I'm ugly! I hate myself!"
    Claremont was the jump starter when Vargas beat him to a pulp.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think it's normal for creators to have preferences in terms of characters, what is not OK is when writers are unable to write a real team book aside from their POV character.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think it's normal for creators to have preferences in terms of characters, what is not OK is when writers are unable to write a real team book aside from their POV character.
    *cough* Duggan *cough* Kitty.

There's no writer that likes Beast? Not surprising.
    Percy loves Beast
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Liu - Jubilee, Gambit, Logan

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Kitty seems to have attracted the attention of many writers: Claremont, her creator generally does well with her, Guggenheim was a disaster of epic proportions, Duggan was not my thing but I’m sure others enjoyed it.
    Plus Whedon, plus Bendis, plus Ellis, plus current editorial (White). Plus a bunch of male screenwriters/filmmakers (Brett Ratner, Tim Miller, whoever wrote the “Last Stand” and “Days of Future Past” scripts, whoever greenlit Miller’s solo film for her back at Fox).

I remember when I first got into comics and was so impressed when all these dudes would brag to me about how she was their favorite. Wow, what a “deep cut”! And she’s just a mousy teen girl, so it’s obviously not just because they want to have sex with her! (Little did I know… lol…)

And I don’t know if I’d say she’s a favorite of Duggan so much as him being caught in current editorial’s crossfire. White basically commissioned a book for her to star in all era (and made sure she’d be prominent in all Council dealings so she’d have an excuse to pop up everywhere else), a writer was given the job, and the “compromise” was that Duggan got to fill the roster of the rest of the team (hence it becoming a Kitty/Emma solo rather than just Kitty… even though, of course, they advertised it as a “team” book). If she were truly Duggan’s fav, she’d have been popping up over in X-Men, too, instead of it just remaining the Jean/Scott/Synch show. (He seemed to like Rogue in Uncanny Avengers, but she suddenly became wallpaper in his X-Men, so I wouldn’t be shocked if editorial was stricter about dictating who was getting the lion’s share of page space there, too, since Emma’s cameos were also few.)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Ding, ding, ding. Or when they bash other characters and/or torpedo existing relationships just so they can cudgel in a self insert to make out with said fav.

BANNED

When did Liu mentioned that she likes Logan? Astonishing X-Men?
    I think that should be Laura if i am guessing it right.
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-02-2023 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    When did Liu mentioned that she likes Logan? Astonishing X-Men?
    I think that should be Laura if i am guessing it right.
    She started as a fanfic writer who devoted a website to Jubilee and Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    If we are going based on interviews then 80% of the them would be Emma Frost. lol
    Yeah i know Kelly Thompson loves Emma too, wish she would be given the opportunity to write Emma more tbh. Seanan McGuire writer of Ghost Spider and Gwenom vs Carnage loves Emma as well.
    Last edited by Diammandis; 02-05-2023 at 06:02 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I don't know if he is his favorite, but i know Duggan likes Cyclops. Brisson and Fraction were Scott fans as well.

There's no writer that likes Beast? Not surprising.
    Percy.

/laff

Fraction's Cyclops boner was embarassing.
    Carey was notabley Rogue's biggest fan, although it bit him a bit in the ass when he tried to bring back the Rogneto romance.
    I'd say that many writers love to write Emma's bitchy queen voice and that's cool with me. Pryde is mainly a teenage crush for most of them too.
    Gillen clearly likes to write Hope and enjoyed writing Illyana, Jean and Kurt. BTW I find interesting that they gave the "religious" x-man to the atheist and not to the very interested in catholicism writer.

This thread is funny because it starts off Gillen's Sinister and we then just listed heroes.
    I would argue that Claremont loved using the Shadow King a bit too much. Probably playing a bit into his mental play kinks. Same with Masque, or his Dominatrix villainess fetishs.
    Last edited by Nicoclaws; 02-06-2023 at 04:32 AM.