Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 'Marvel's Voices: Pride' #1 Announcement

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=206231485

MARVEL’S VOICES: PRIDE #1
    Written by STEVE FOXE, STEPHANIE WILLIAMS, SARAH GAILEY, SHADI PETOSKY, H.E. EDGMON & MORE!
    Art by ROSI KAMPE & MORE!
    Cover by AMY REEDER
    Variant Cover by P. CRAIG RUSSELL
    Variant Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
    Variant Cover by JAN BAZALDUA
    On Sale 6/14

Here’s what’s in store:

- Get the scoop on an unannounced X-Men title coming later this year in a story by writer Steve Foxe and artist Rosi Kampe starring Gimmick, the breakout character from 2020’s Children of the Atom!
    - An all-new hero takes on the mantle of “Nightshade” to protect her Chicago community in a rousing tale by writer Stephanie Williams and an exciting new artist.
    - Writer Sarah Gailey makes their Marvel Comics debut with a story starring Black Cat! Join Felicia Hardy at New Orleans Pride where she has a fierce encounter with the Thieves Guild—but this time she’s out for more than riches!
    - Television writer Shadi Petosky (The Sandman) pens her first Marvel Comics story! Wiccan and Hulkling are on a much-needed getaway when the beloved couple finds themselves stranded. Luckily, they befriend an all-new super hero who lends a helping hand!
    - Author H.E. Edgmon introduces a brand-new symbiote character!
    - And much, much more!

In addition, PRIDE VARIANT COVERS will return, featuring both Marvel heroes and characters from a galaxy far, far away! Fans can check out some of this year’s STAR WARS PRIDE VARIANT COVERS right now at StarWars.com and stay tuned later today for the reveal of this year’s MARVEL PRIDE VARIANT COVERS.

June will also see the launch of a new LOKI limited series, one of many Marvel Comics titles publishing throughout the year that spotlight LGBTQIA+ heroes. Fans can also continue to celebrate Pride in the Marvel Universe this June in current titles like BETSY BRADDOCK: CAPTAIN BRITAIN, NEW MUTANTS: LETHAL LEGION, STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA, STAR WARS: SANA STARROS, and more, plus upcoming titles and Marvel Unlimited Infinity Comics this summer, including a yet to be announced FALL OF X title!

So this says a new, unannounced Fall of X title debuting in June. With solicitations likely releasing this Thursday we might find out what it is before then.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

And here i thought those CoTA characters were all forgotten about. Interested to see what book this may be though and hopefully we get some enticing names added to the book as well
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This has always been a fun read in the years prior so I'm looking forward to it, although I can't say I'm terribly excited by the characters featured here aside from Hulkling and Wiccan.

Very much looking forward to learning what the June-launching X-title is, as well as Steve Foxe's other one for the end of the year.

Just noticed Prodigy on the cover wish he was dancing with Speed instead of by himself lol
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

A reader suggested this elsewhere and I love the idea. Steve Foxe writing a book with Iceman and Firestar included. Maybe part of a team Gimmick would be a member of?

And whatever this new June title is it should have a prominent queer character(s) since they're including it in celebrating pride. Omg maybe a book with Iceman and Rictor! I need Julio back in my life.

Astonishing Member

I know why they give it a #1, because it's likely to artifical boost sales of a book they assume will barely sell enough to break even, but isn't it actualy the 3rd or 4th by now?

Which raises the question if using the true numbering wouldn't give it more respect, by making it clear that it's not a one and done deal anymore, but an actual annual thing they are proud of repeating. Instead always only giving it a #1 label can look like unintentionaly disregarding the previous ones as if they didn't existed.

While we are at marketing gimmicks.

"...Gimmick, the breakout character from 2020's Children of the Atom!"

"breakout character"...

"breakout..."

Considering she has not appeared anywhere else after COTA, never been mentioned again, or even given one of the many meaningless backround appearances, i seriously doubt calling her a "breakout character" is appropiate.

Rather it sounds like they are trying to conjure a responce to the character which doesn't exist in that magnitude in order to sell the character as such and skip having to actualy do the grueling and time consuming work needed to make the character popular, remembered and prominent.

Basicly: "I reject your reality and substitute my own".

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    A reader suggested this elsewhere and I love the idea. Steve Foxe writing a book with Iceman and Firestar included. Maybe part of a team Gimmick would be a member of?

And whatever this new June title is it should have a prominent queer character(s) since they're including it in celebrating pride. Omg maybe a book with Iceman and Rictor! I need Julio back in my life.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. Let's not forget Northstar is also without a book!

"While we are at marketing gimmicks."

You crack me up, Grunty.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. Let's not forget Northstar is also without a book!
    Yes indeed you're right. So we got Iceman, Rictor, Northstar, we see Prodigy on the cover dancing as Diammandis mentioned. Who else?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    "While we are at marketing gimmicks."

You crack me up, Grunty.

Yes indeed you're right. So we got Iceman, Rictor, Northstar, we see Prodigy on the cover dancing as Diammandis mentioned. Who else?
    I see Escapade (and Morgan?) on the top right, Somnus being harassed by Loki and Destiny casqueding Mystique at the top.

Steve Foxe on the twitter:
    https://twitter.com/steve_foxe/statu...60201280815105

And the only teases I’ll drop for now:

—Gimmick isn’t the only young queer mutant getting some page time in this story. A longtime sleeper fave of mine finally finds love 👀

—There’s NO WAY you guess which X-book this helps set up…🤫

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I know why they give it a #1, because it's likely to artifical boost sales of a book they assume will barely sell enough to break even, but isn't it actualy the 3rd or 4th by now?

Which raises the question if using the true numbering wouldn't give it more respect, by making it clear that it's not a one and done deal anymore, but an actual annual thing they are proud of repeating. Instead always only giving it a #1 label can look like unintentionaly disregarding the previous ones as if they didn't existed.

While we are at marketing gimmicks.

"...Gimmick, the breakout character from 2020's Children of the Atom!"

"breakout character"...

"breakout..."

Considering she has not appeared anywhere else after COTA, never been mentioned again, or even given one of the many meaningless backround appearances, i seriously doubt calling her a "breakout character" is appropiate.

Rather it sounds like they are trying to conjure a responce to the character which doesn't exist in that magnitude in order to sell the character as such and skip having to actualy do the grueling and time consuming work needed to make the character popular, remembered and prominent.

Basicly: "I reject your reality and substitute my own".
    Damn I was gonna combat the snark, but last years issue really did sell horribly… yet DC’s was in the top 20 that month.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I am half hopeful and half nervous - Foxe is a fan of Northstar, but we do have differing opinions on the character's journey, lol! But we'll see where it goes.

Yikes that cover...

I pick this up every year.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Why are so many new characters being introduced in this?

I’m bored so going off this cover I’m manifesting a Bobby & Jean Paul cheating arc, Loki & Somonus hook up cause why not, & Speed done already dumped Prodigy/David cause Billy hates him.