Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Just occurred to me, is Aquaman 2 still being released?
    Yes, it is. I think its title is Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    https://youtu.be/wY8XcmrIujE

At 3.50 he categorically states that the introduction to DCU Batman will be Brave and the bold, the story of Batman and his actual son Damien who is his favorite Robin.
    Right. Because he's known as Robin in the comics. That to me still doesn't sound like confirmation that he'll be known as "Robin" in the movie. But we'll find out more eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Right. Because he's known as Robin in the comics. That to me still doesn't sound like confirmation that he'll be known as "Robin" in the movie. But we'll find out more eventually.
    What else would you use him as though?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Red X....

He has is Ibn al Xuffasch which just means Son of Bat. It works as an early identity as he could become Robin the end.

Redbird just feels uninspired but maybe he could take on Flamebird or Phoniex is involved?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-06-2023 at 12:51 PM.

Just Damian.(at least in the first movie) I can imagine they have enough going on with his storyline without needing a "Hey, now you can be my sidekick Robin -- because that's the name Dick Grayson came up with years ago."
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-06-2023 at 06:46 PM.

Ultimate Member

Damien IMO is the worst first live action Robin to go with. Makes him seem more like Zorro or Phantom than a man with a mission.

Just Damian.(at least in the first movie) I can imagine they have enough going on with his storyline without needing a "Hey, now you can be my sidekick Robin -- because that's the name Dick Grayson came up with years ago."
    But one of the big points of Damian's character arc is that he basically forces himself into becoming the next Robin, that's likely going to be the main crux of the movie.

It's like if you adapted a Lonely Place of Dying but didn't have Tim become Robin by the end of it.
    Damien IMO is the worst first live action Robin to go with. Makes him seem more like Zorro or Phantom than a man with a mission.
    Because of the legacy aspect?

But one of the big points of Damian's character arc is that he basically forces himself into becoming the next Robin, that's likely going to be the main crux of the movie.
    Well, he could just as easily insist on being the next Batman. And even if he insists on being the next Robin doesn't necessarily mean that he will in this movie. (just sayin'... I'm probably wrong, but it's still good to keep an open mind about the possibilities rather than assume we know what's going to happen because we've read the comics)

Well, he could just as easily insist on being the next Batman. And even if he insists on being the next Robin doesn't necessarily mean that he will in this movie. (just sayin'... I'm probably wrong, but it's still good to keep an open mind about the possibilities rather than assume we know what's going to happen because we've read the comics)
    Probably easier to market him as Robin than it would be as just "Damian" .

Wouldn't any Robin do that?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Wouldn't any Robin do that?
    Not really.

Dick, Tim etc are recruits to the war/mission.

Damien just inherits the damn role

Not really.

More like he forces himself into it, but that's why the fact that being Robin actually changes him for the better all the more meaningful.

Probably easier to market him as Robin than it would be as just "Damian" .
    Honestly, I think marketing him as "Batman's son" would work better and not remind anyone of "Batman & Robin."

Ultimate Member

More like he forces himself into it, but that's why the fact that being Robin actually changes him for the better all the more meaningful.
    Agree to disagree, but all the same, he needs a current Robin to act as a foil. Making him the first undermines that

Not really.

I disagree because Damien still has to become a Robin first. And him becoming Batman leads to a dark future so he could decide against it.

But I'm a Batman Beyond guy and I got into comics when Dick was Batman so Bruce passing the torch isn't a deal breaker.

Agree to disagree, but all the same, he needs a current Robin to act as a foil. Making him the first undermines that

This would be the ideal take- Dick and Damian.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-07-2023 at 07:51 AM.