Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Agree to disagree, but all the same, he needs a current Robin to act as a foil. Making him the first undermines that
    I doubt they'll make Damian the first, but if they did I can't wait to see how Damian comes up with the name "Robin" for himself.

Niffleheim

I see the movie be more about Bruce trying to convert his monstrous murderous son in to a normal little boy
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Well, he could just as easily insist on being the next Batman. And even if he insists on being the next Robin doesn't necessarily mean that he will in this movie. (just sayin'... I'm probably wrong, but it's still good to keep an open mind about the possibilities rather than assume we know what's going to happen because we've read the comics)
    A call to keep an open mind? On a comic book message board of all places? What kind of heresy is this?!?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    More like [Damian] forces himself into [the Robin role], but that's why the fact that being Robin actually changes him for the better all the more meaningful.
    Yup. And if Damian isn't Robin by early on in the film, I do believe he will be Robin by the middle or end of it.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-07-2023 at 01:58 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Agree to disagree, but all the same, he needs a current Robin to act as a foil. Making him the first undermines that
    I think it's wrong to assume that just because it features Damian as Robin he's the first. The first look at the DCU Batman is likely well into his career. Given the short amount of time until Bats enters Public Domain they may want to hit the floor running with the wider Bat Family already active able to introduce multiple in projects soon after the first. We may see a Nightwing, Red Hood and red Robin appear very soon after. I mean those characters aren't at risk of being poached but using them with Batman exclusively is.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I doubt they'll make Damian the first, but if they did I can't wait to see how Damian comes up with the name "Robin" for himself.
    Falcon or Talon feels like the name Damian would prefer to call himself if he had to pick one.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-07-2023 at 01:59 PM.

Actually thinking about it they may be launching with Damian as Robin to get traction with the public accepting him as Batman's partner to extend exclusive use of the duo. Robin (dick) becomes public Domain very close to Batman but Damian has decades longer. If they can get the wider audiences to accept Robinnas Batmans son anyone making a project with a Batman that doesn't have a son as his partner might not get accepted in the market.

Personally I hope they don't shoe-horn the name Robin into the character. Without the history, it will just be awkward. Maybe call him Damien.

Also, without the League, who is the mother? Or will they be doing some flashback to Night of the Demon, Talia and the League? Just not handling his lineage at all, or just vaguely? Too many questions.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Nowhere have they implied Damian will be the first Robin in this continuity, just that he'll be the main Robin in the film continuity, because that way Nightwing is almost guaranteed to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nowhere have they implied Damian will be the first Robin in this continuity, just that he'll be the main Robin in the film continuity, because that way Nightwing is almost guaranteed to show up.
    Yeah, especially with Gunn mentioning that the film is the gateway to the larger Bat-Family.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Personally I hope they don't shoe-horn the name Robin into the character. Without the history, it will just be awkward. Maybe call him Damien.

Also, without the League, who is the mother? Or will they be doing some flashback to Night of the Demon, Talia and the League? Just not handling his lineage at all, or just vaguely? Too many questions.
    Maybe the Nolan-directed Dark Knight trilogy is canon? That would explain who Damian’s mom and grandpa are.
    Last edited by Brian B; 02-07-2023 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Maybe the Nolan-directed Dark Knight trilogy is canon? That would explain who Damian’s mom and grandpa are.
    I could roll with that. Coolest grandpa ever. Mom, not so much. And Uncle Bane? Fuggetaboutit.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I could roll with that. Coolest grandpa ever. Mom, not so much. And Uncle Bane? Fuggetaboutit.
    Well, grandpa’s cool, until he wants to replace Damian’s psyche and soul with his psyche and soul in Damian’s body, but other than that, great guy, LOL!

Thanksgiving with Dark Knight movie Bane and that dang mask would make for an awkward family feast, though.

Of course, I am aware, that’s just comics canon that Ra’s wanted to take over his grandson’s body. In the Dark Knight movie trilogy, Ra’s grandson wasn’t even a thing. So, that may not happen in the movies.

Anyway, I’d love more Dark Knight Talia, Ra’s and Bane! Sure, Bane’s a bit of a creepy “uncle,” but I’d also love any number of even crazier comicbook Batman family members to show up in Brave and the Bold movie.

Bring on Bat-Mite, Man-Bat, Batman Zur-En-Arrh, Talia’s Man-Bat Commandos, Azrael, Huntress, Dr. Thomas Wayne/Dr. Hurt/the Devil, and more! Heck, Etrigan was Batman family at one point. I’d dig the demon’s grandson meeting the Demon. How about Ragman? Sticking any number of crazy Batman family members in there would make me quite happy. The list doesn’t end at Batgirl or Nightwing for the weirdness I’d love to see in Brave and the Bold.
    Last edited by Brian B; 02-07-2023 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I think "Flashpoint" (I know it won't be called that) will prime audiences to understand that things can be similar, but not "canon" so that when they throw us Bruce's backstory training with the League with Ra's and Thalia it'll be familiar enough, but with the understanding that things turned out differently this time.

Damian worked in the comics because of the decades long history with Rhas and Talia. I fear without that background knowledge for the audience, he will just be a bratty kid. And I don't think so minutes of back story will be enough.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!