Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Damian worked in the comics because of the decades long history with Rhas and Talia. I fear without that background knowledge for the audience, he will just be a bratty kid. And I don't think so minutes of back story will be enough.
    My intro to Jason was Under the red hood. So I think just using flashbacks like Batman and Son did it would be fine. Plus Damian is gonna have a 10 year contract so you got time to fill it in.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Damian worked in the comics because of the decades long history with Rhas and Talia. I fear without that background knowledge for the audience, he will just be a bratty kid. And I don't think so minutes of back story will be enough.
    I think if Damian's background is summarized, it may work this time around because many were exposed to Ra's and Talia in Nolan's films.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-08-2023 at 07:27 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Bring on Bat-Mite, Man-Bat, Batman Zur-En-Arrh, Talia’s Man-Bat Commandos, Azrael, Huntress, Dr. Thomas Wayne/Dr. Hurt/the Devil, and more! Heck, Etrigan was Batman family at one point. I’d dig the demon’s grandson meeting the Demon. How about Ragman? Sticking any number of crazy Batman family members in there would make me quite happy. The list doesn’t end at Batgirl or Nightwing for the weirdness I’d love to see in Brave and the Bold.
    I do want to see Man-Bat in this, and it fits with the gods and monsters theme. The Man-Bat ninja commandos were a key part of the first Morrison arc, Batman and Son, and was a pretty good introduction to Damien, I thought. And yes I would be very happy if they re-introduce the Demon and any of those you suggest. I think it could still be grounded, Morrison's run felt very grounded even through the craziness of ... well ... everything he did.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Nothing to see here. Move along...Linked to a crap site.
    Last edited by krazijoe; 02-10-2023 at 05:09 PM.

As an fyi, Bounding Into Comics is a notorious click-bait dire are are never right. You may as well link to Bleedingcool.com

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    RUmor going around states that WBD split of DC Movies Studio and assigned Gunn and company to come up with a slate of projects that may cast the Studio in a more positive light for a potential buyer with cash to spare (Apple, Amazon, Universal).

Take it for what it's worth.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2023/...p-warner-bros/
    I'm sorry but you lost me at Bounding into Comics and then it was solidified by the Nitwit Youtubers they were quoting as their sources.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    As an fyi, Bounding Into Comics is a notorious click-bait dire are are never right. You may as well link to Bleedingcool.com
    Noted, Not sure of all the "Click Bait/ignorant" sites. It popped into my Google News Feed. Figured some here might know more and chime it. Take it for what it's worth...Which is apparently nothing at this point.

Should have looked at more of the stories. Seems this site and Cosmic are practically the same thing...
    Last edited by krazijoe; 02-10-2023 at 05:08 PM.

No worries! Just wanted to give you the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    No worries! Just wanted to give you the heads up.
    Appreciate it.

Movies effectively introduce new characters all the time. It shouldn't be a problem if they hire good screenwriters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Movies effectively introduce new characters all the time. It shouldn't be a problem if they hire good screenwriters.
    This is DC

Astonishing Member

Hoping for the best for DC and its new era. Cautiously optimistic.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

DC won't keep Ezra Miller. the reason they have not officially said he wont be coming back is because they don't want that kind of news to hurt the Flash movie, they have spent so much money on. once that movie is out, Gunn will announce Ezra's time as The Flash is over.

The whole point of Flashpoint is that it is (yet another) DC reboot. So they can replace Miller pretty easily at the end if they want to, and still keep all the previous stories as canon and move on with new canon stories for the new universe. Flashpoint is DC having their cake and eating it too.

And, like DC, they could always revisit the Snyderverse if they really wanted, no harm no foul.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.