Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

I wish a live action DC movie verse would be inspired by Bruce Timm someday ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Yeah, he's always been a pretty pro-establishment character (which is def saying something as far as superheroes are concerned). New Frontier was an exception, though, which (not so coincidentally) is probably the only version I ever really liked.
    I feel like he hasn't really been that kind of character in a while. He tends to buck the Guardians' authority or just do his own thing when he disagrees with them or feels he has too, especially compared to the GA/GL days (and that was mostly just strawmanning him to make Ollie seem better even if in the end Ollie was a total hypocrite).

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    A few random thoughts.

Some of the stuff sounds very on brand for James Gun (like Authority, Creature Commandos) but I'm skeptical if have the brought appeal DC needs.

I think they should have made clean cut and axed all DCEU realted stuff including Waller and Peacemaker, or at least keep that out of the new Universe they are building.

I really skeptical I they can do Green Lantern on the budget of a streaming show.

I'm not a fan of having Clark just start as Superman while Bruce is allready old enough to have Damian.
    But that has been the continuity since Flashpoint in the comics hasn't it? I mean Bruce operated as an urban legend until Superman debuted and he entered the light as it were.

I dont care one way or the other which is supposed to have come first but honestly it makes more sense from a brand positioning point of view that Batman does.

1. When Detective Comics merged with National comics they took on the name DC not national
    2. Batman was the Detective comics numerous unero character.
    3. As an IP i tend to think Batman makes DC and Warner a lot more money than Superman.

Supes may have started the Superhero era but Bats definitely brings home the bacon. Just like billing on the credits the biggest money maker comes first
    Last edited by beatboks; 02-03-2023 at 08:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    But that has been the continuity since Flashpoint in the comics hasn't it? I mean Bruce operated as an urban legend until Superman debuted and he entered the light as it were.

I dont care one way or the other which is supposed to have come first but honestly it makes more sense from a brand positioning point of view that Batman does.

1. When Detective Comics merged with National comics they took on the name DC not national
    2. Batman was the Detective comics numerous unero character.
    3. As an IP i tend to think Batman makes DC and Warner a lot more money than Superman.

Supes may have started the Superhero era but Bats definitely brings home the bacon. Just like billing on the credits the biggest money maker comes first
    The time line in the new52 made no sense. And got screpped after Rebirth.

And I don't have problem with Batman staring before Superman, I have a problem with him starting long enough before him to come at the point where Damian becomes Robin (meaning him starting like 10-15 years before Superman).

I asked this before, but there's so much talk since the announcements that I haven't seen it mentioned: has Gunn actually confirmed that Damian will be "Robin" in the movie? Everyone writing articles or commenting calls him that, which makes sense, but unless Gunn has stated that Damian will be Robin, that opens the door for other possibilities. I've heard him use the word "Bat Family," but I don't I've heard him say "Robin."

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I asked this before, but there's so much talk since the announcements that I haven't seen it mentioned: has Gunn actually confirmed that Damian will be "Robin" in the movie? Everyone writing articles or commenting calls him that, which makes sense, but unless Gunn has stated that Damian will be Robin, that opens the door for other possibilities. I've heard him use the word "Bat Family," but I don't I've heard him say "Robin."
    He said Damian is his favorite Robin so...

I mean, other than Red Bird (I think?) Damian doesn't have any other Superhero identity other than Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Getting ready for Barbara and Bruce getting it on on a roof top!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    https://youtu.be/wY8XcmrIujE

At 3.50 he categorically states that the introduction to DCU Batman will be Brave and the bold, the story of Batman and his actual son Damien who is his favorite Robin.

And I don't have problem with Batman staring before Superman, I have a problem with him starting long enough before him to come at the point where Damian becomes Robin (meaning him starting like 10-15 years before Superman).
    You have to remember that Batman Brave and the bold is going to be a couple of years after Superman Legacy (there is after all an Authority Movie and HBO Lanterns series between Supes Legacy and it. Plus if Superman Legacy is supposed to be a year 3 or 4 Superman as we heard pre the slate announcement that means timing Wise Bruce would have only started 5 to maybe 7 years before supes.

Or, it could be like the New 52 timeline where Batman has only been operating for 5 years, but has had 4 Robins.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Or, it could be like the New 52 timeline where Batman has only been operating for 5 years, but has had 4 Robins.
    Well...

I think that they have to use all of it assumes that.

Gunn mentioned a "Bat..." family.

I don't know if that means that they actually have to include all of the people who wore a Robin costume before Damien.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I would adapt Batman Beyond or God's and Monsters if I had a chance.

Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-05-2023 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I would adapt Batman Beyond or God's and Monsters if I had a chance.

Well, the first “chapter” of the new DC Studios is called Gods and Monsters. You may get some of what you wished for, although I imagine that like the Avengers’ Infinity War, it won’t be quite a scene-for-scene adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Well, the first “chapter” of the new DC Studios is called Gods and Monsters. You may get some of what you wished for, although I imagine that like the Avengers’ Infinity War, it won’t be quite a scene-for-scene adaptation.
    It's not gonna be as good because it's not Hernan, Kirk and Bekka.

:P
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-05-2023 at 05:00 PM.

Ultimate Member

Just occurred to me, is Aquaman 2 still being released?