Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Not giving any spoilers here, but based on his handling of Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton's Batmans (Batmen?) in The Flash, I think he's the right guy for the job. The evolution of Batfleck in The Flash in particular is a lot like what I'd want the new Gunnverse/DCU Batman to be like.
    I got goose bumps when Keaton's Batman made his appearance.
    spoilers:
    What did you think of the Clooney cameo?
    end of spoilers

Muschietti also had a cameo in the movie I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    If we take into account The Flash box office and Cinemascore, it's not guaranteed WBD will keep Muschietti.
    With all the controversy, bad press and shenanigans surrounding this movie and DCEU's track record, I'm surprised this move made even ten bucks. I don't know what the score was or how much it made but I was expecting a mess and was genuinely very surprised with how good it was.

Hopefully WBD keeps all the mess that the director was hampered when considering his future because lets face it. The guy was handed the hardest job to pull off.

Doesn't help that WB not only fumbled the bag, they dragged their feet so much which allowing Spiderverse, Everything Everywhere and Dr Strange to beat them to the Multiverse post. That concept is no longer fresh.

They could have been innovators but now they are yet again copy cats of the concept they themselves pioneered in comics.
    Last edited by Fergus; 06-18-2023 at 09:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Talia's mum was Chinese.
    Oh! Sure could have fooled me. She typically looks pretty Caucasian...I mean, Marillon Cottilard was a great visual match for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I got goose bumps when Keaton's Batman made his appearance.
    spoilers:
    What did you think of the Clooney cameo?
    end of spoilers

Muschietti also had a cameo in the movie I'm sure.
    spoilers:
    I have mixed feelings.

In and of itself, I loved seeing Clooney as Bruce again. Have a soft corner for him since B&R was the first live-action Batman movie I ever watched as a kid.

It's just the context that didn't quite land with me. The whole thing was pretty much played for laughs right at the end of the movie and really undermined the high personal and multiversal stakes that Barry had to engage throughout the story.

That apart, other than the immediate buzz of "Hey, it's Clooney as Bruce Wayne again", they didn't really do much to give his version of the character a presence, if you know what I mean. You didn't really get the "He's back" vibe that you got with Keaton, or hell, even with CGI Christopher Reeve. It felt less like this version of Bruce Wayne returning, and more like George Clooney making a cameo. I mean, his dialogue wasn't anything to write home about either. I wish he'd said "That's why Superman works alone" or something memorable from B&R. Hell, even just something more generically Batman-like. As it stands, it pretty much feels like Clooney just walked onto set, and he's supposed to be Bruce Wayne because the script says so!
    end of spoilers