Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    This better be their approach. It's about time to get this version of Batman right for modern times (in film / TV). It's time to save film Batman from the influence of Miller, Moore, etc (just as maybe Miller-influenced portrayals perhaps saved Batman from a perceptional stain of Adam West Batman).
    hell yeah and I will lose my shit if there is a reference to the Black Casebook and have an action sequence taking place in an art gallery where the art has onomatopoeia of the fight.

Watch them fight Deathstroke like it's Son of Batman .

Astonishing Member

So, I was thinking about what Bat-Family members will be introduced in this movie. I guess we can definitely say that Dick is obvious lock here, there's no way he won't be there. Jason is probably going to be dead, so they can set up Under the Red Hood storyline for sequel. Barbara is also probably going to be here, but the question is, in what capacity. And if she's Oracle, then I guess there's a huge chance, that Cassandra is going to appear as well. So it's going to be two Robins (Dick and Damian, Jason is dead) and two Batgirls (Barbara and Cassandra). They also can mention Kate.
    But there is also a bad side. It seems to me that there is a very strong possibility that Gunn may simply skip Tim and Stephanie, that is, repeat the same thing that DC Animation did in DCAMU. And I won't even dare to mention Duke, Azrael, Harper or Helena.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 02-01-2023 at 09:50 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    So, I was thinking about what Bat-Family members will be introduced in this movie. I guess we can definitely say that Dick is obvious lock here, there's no way he won't be there. Jason is probably going to be dead, so they can set up Under the Red Hood storyline for sequel. Barbara is also probably going to be here, but the question is, in what capacity. And if she's Oracle, then I guess there's a huge chance, that Cassandra is going to appear as well. So it's going to be two Robins (Dick and Damian, Jason is dead) and two Batgirls (Barbara and Cassandra). They also can mention Kate.
    But there is also a bad side. It seems to me that there is a very strong possibility that Gunn may simply skip Tim and Stephanie, that is, repeat the same thing that DC Animation did in DCAMU. And I won't even dare to mention Duke, Azrael, Harper or Helena.
    Honestly, I think skipping Tim isn't the worst thing for the character - like Kyle Rayner, he feels like the character you keep in your back pocket for when you have some cast turnover/soft reboot as a fresh viewpoint.

"Batman needs a Robin" can work as easily post Damian as pre.

Astonishing Member

Realistically, I think its going to be Dick as Nightwing, and Barbara as Batgirl. Let's face it, they're not going to flood the screen with a bunch of relatively obscure Bat-family members, especially when most of the audience probably isn't even used to the idea of a Bat-family on-screen. I think Helena has a chance because she has some mainstream recognition thanks to BoP and the Arrowverse (not to mention the JL cartoon).

I can see Jason showing up in an 'Under the Red Hood' adaptation down the line. Remember, Red Hood was a part of Morrison's run too, during the Dick-Damian partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Honestly, I think skipping Tim isn't the worst thing for the character - like Kyle Rayner, he feels like the character you keep in your back pocket for when you have some cast turnover/soft reboot as a fresh viewpoint.

I love Tim Drake - he was Robin in the comics when I got in. Unfortunately though, he's possibly the least distinctive Robin (on a superficial level) and the one whom its pretty easy to skip right now for adaptations, especially when you have other options in play.

The fact is that Tim existed as Robin simply because Jason was dead and there was no way Dick was going to revert to the role. Once you have another Robin like Damian in play, Tim is pretty redundant. Dick's the first one who grew up to become Nightwing. Jason's the dead one who is then resurrected as Red Hood. Damian's the biological son with homicidal tendencies. What makes Tim stand out, conceptually, among these?

I agree. I like Tim but his hook as being the everyman/rookie if the team wasn't sustainable. I just got bored of him over the years. I rather skip him for the Fox family or Steph.

Incredible Member

The GOAT run finally coming to the big screen. I never thought I’d see the day. I’m still not sure it won’t be cancelled before release.

Starting with Damien is genius. While I love Grayson, his Robin will come off a bit more bland to the GA. Him as Nightwing is him at his most interesting. Also, starting later in Bruce’s career allows them to introduce multiple members without having to try to cram their back story all into a trilogy. Plus it really differentiates this Bruce from Pattinson.

Plus, Damien is also the most interesting in the role of Robin imo. Wonder if their gonna kill of Bruce and make DickBats in order to further differentiate the two Bat franchises. One thing that’s interesting, is how much older this Bruce seems to be than Clark who is still early in his career. Wonder if they take place in two different time periods.

Side note, even more excited to see a live action Midnighter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    The GOAT run finally coming to the big screen. I never thought I’d see the day. I’m still not sure it won’t be cancelled before release.

Starting with Damien is genius. While I love Grayson, his Robin will come off a bit more bland to the GA. Him as Nightwing is him at his most interesting. Also, starting later in Bruce’s career allows them to introduce multiple members without having to try to cram their back story all into a trilogy. Plus it really differentiates this Bruce from Pattinson.

Plus, Damien is also the most interesting in the role of Robin imo. Wonder if their gonna kill of Bruce and make DickBats in order to further differentiate the two Bat franchises. One thing that’s interesting, is how much older this Bruce seems to be than Clark who is still early in his career. Wonder if they take place in two different time periods.

Side note, even more excited to see a live action Midnighter.
    While I'm pretty sure they won't permanently get rid of Bruce, especially if this is going to be the long-term future of the Batman franchise on screen after the Reeves/Pattison trilogy, they might take a leaf out of Morrison's book and at least give us a movie (or maybe just a TV show) with Dick as Batman.

Robin becoming Batman and Batman's son becoming Robin is such a simple but powerful concept that it'll be a shame if it isn't exploited for the big-screen!

The timeline question is an interesting one. It does seem that this is an established DCU (and possibly one that's kind of a continuation of the DCEU, albeit with a rebooted Superman and Batman). Right now, I'm leaning towards the idea that this is a younger Clark, but maybe not that much younger. All we know is that they wanted someone younger than Henry Cavill is now, and Cavill is pushing 40. Maybe Clark is in his early 30's, while Bruce is in his late 30's or pushing 40? Batman's been around over a decade, Superman's been around for the better part of a decade? And the superhero thing has been going on long enough for Hal and John to both be GL's? And for Aquaman, Shazam, WW etc. (grandfathered in from the previous continuity) to be around too?

Since Brave and the Bold will no doubt draw on the Morrison material, how about Batman Family members Kirk Langstrom, the Man-Bat Commandos, Bat-Mite, Batman of Zur-En-Arrh, and Dr. Thomas Wayne/Doctor Hurt/the devil? I mean, if we are going to get some Batman Family action out of this, let’s hope we get into some of the real weird stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I hope the whole "Bruce's son" take won't ignore that Bruce took in two orphans before Damian...
    This is one of my biggest concerns with this decision.

*fingers crossed*
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I’m really excited for this movie. I am not a fan of Reeves’ realistic low-tech take, I don’t want to see a reality based Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Realistically, I think its going to be Dick as Nightwing, and Barbara as Batgirl. Let's face it, they're not going to flood the screen with a bunch of relatively obscure Bat-family members, especially when most of the audience probably isn't even used to the idea of a Bat-family on-screen. I think Helena has a chance because she has some mainstream recognition thanks to BoP and the Arrowverse (not to mention the JL cartoon).

I can see Jason showing up in an 'Under the Red Hood' adaptation down the line. Remember, Red Hood was a part of Morrison's run too, during the Dick-Damian partnership.
    I feel like Batgirl depends on if they want it to be a younger Babs or if they want to have her already as Oracle so they can have Cass as Batgirl. That way they have a Batgirl at a similar skill level to Robin.
    I love Tim Drake - he was Robin in the comics when I got in. Unfortunately though, he's possibly the least distinctive Robin (on a superficial level) and the one whom its pretty easy to skip right now for adaptations, especially when you have other options in play.

The fact is that Tim existed as Robin simply because Jason was dead and there was no way Dick was going to revert to the role. Once you have another Robin like Damian in play, Tim is pretty redundant. Dick's the first one who grew up to become Nightwing. Jason's the dead one who is then resurrected as Red Hood. Damian's the biological son with homicidal tendencies. What makes Tim stand out, conceptually, among these?
    At least Tim had Gotham Knights. Depending on who you ask...
    Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    While I'm pretty sure they won't permanently get rid of Bruce, especially if this is going to be the long-term future of the Batman franchise on screen after the Reeves/Pattison trilogy, they might take a leaf out of Morrison's book and at least give us a movie (or maybe just a TV show) with Dick as Batman.

Robin becoming Batman and Batman's son becoming Robin is such a simple but powerful concept that it'll be a shame if it isn't exploited for the big-screen!

The timeline question is an interesting one. It does seem that this is an established DCU (and possibly one that's kind of a continuation of the DCEU, albeit with a rebooted Superman and Batman). Right now, I'm leaning towards the idea that this is a younger Clark, but maybe not that much younger. All we know is that they wanted someone younger than Henry Cavill is now, and Cavill is pushing 40. Maybe Clark is in his early 30's, while Bruce is in his late 30's or pushing 40? Batman's been around over a decade, Superman's been around for the better part of a decade? And the superhero thing has been going on long enough for Hal and John to both be GL's? And for Aquaman, Shazam, WW etc. (grandfathered in from the previous continuity) to be around too?
    Dick and Damian were the best team but I wonder if they're willing to commit to Bruce and Damian. I feel like it's 50/50 how much fans actually like them as a Dynamic Duo.

But I don't see them getting rid of Bruce until we at least get to see the new movie Trinity or a JL film with him in it.

Or maybe they'll do their own version of Bad Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dick and Damian were the best team but I wonder if they're willing to commit to Bruce and Damian. I feel like it's 50/50 how much fans actually like them as a Dynamic Duo.

But I don't see them getting rid of Bruce until we at least get to see the new movie Trinity or a JL film with him in it.

Or maybe they'll do their own version of Bad Blood.
    I personally like Dick and Damian better, but I don't mind Bruce and Damian. In the comics, they usually ruin their dynamic because as soon as they start to open up to each other, another writer decides to write Bruce as the worst parent on the planet. The movies might do a better job, but I wish Gunn would get someone like Tomasi on board because there are only a few writers that understand how to write Damian.

How I expect these films to go:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I personally like Dick and Damian better, but I don't mind Bruce and Damian. In the comics, they usually ruin their dynamic because as soon as they start to open up to each other, another writer decides to write Bruce as the worst parent on the planet. The movies might do a better job, but I wish Gunn would get someone like Tomasi on board because there are only a few writers that understand how to write Damian.
    Tomasi's really the only one who writes a tolerable one.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.