View Poll Results: Which X-Man will you vote for in 2023?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jubilee

23 19.83%
  • Juggernaut

11 9.48%
  • Prodigy

11 9.48%
  • Dazzler

31 26.72%
  • Cannonball

11 9.48%
  • Frenzy

29 25.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I think I'm going to abstain this year. The characters who have a presence outside of comics always win these, and it's just not as much fun when there's no suspense.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Frenzy! Frenzy! Frenzy! (I continue to chant all night long!) Frenzy! Frenzy! Frenzy! (Hell, I might chant and campaign all month long!) When's the Gala? I can't wait! Frenzy for the X-Men!

So yeah, I'm a bit excited about her opportunity and I want to manifest it!

Like many have said before me, she deserves the exposure, has all the right skills, has been on some boss teams so far, has an interesting perspective and voice, and would hopefully create some drama with Jean and Scott. Good, healthy, adulting, kind of drama.

Extraordinary Member

Voted for Cannonball.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

I have a feeling it’s going to be Jubilee. The writers save a lot of text for her, they just need to include „Shogo“ in every other sentence.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I went with Jubilee. I've always loved her, and she deserves to be in the big leagues again.

I vote for Frenzy without any expectations of the character being well-developed because Duggan hasn't done it to any previous election winners.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Of these six, I want Jubilee the least. She's still so childisch and I am not impressed by het powers.

I would be most thriller with Frenzy or Cannonball, as they are way overdreven for some serious spotlight.

I would be okay with Dazzler or Juggs. Prodigy to me is one of the lesser New X-Men kids. I rather saw Hellion, Dust, Indra or so many others in his place.

My top 6 is:

1-Cannonball
    2-Frenzy
    3-Dazzler
    4-Juggernaut
    5-Prodigy
    6-Jubilee
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

1. Frenzy
    2. Dazzler
    3. Prodigy
    4. Jubilee
    5. Cannonball
    6. literal death
    7. Juggernaut

I like the smaller pool but its interesting that this group has only one candidate who has never been an official X-Man (Prodigy).

I think it'd be cool if in the future each of these characters were pitched with the writer's plans for them and potentially include a redesigned costume by the ongoing artist (or whoever is doing the costume design) in a similar vein to DC's Round Robin contest.

The majority of the contestants in the past 3 years have been characters that are either in need of a refresh/reintroduction or are pretty obscure. We should get a sample of what they could possibly bring and with fewer candidates this seems more feasible (plus the designs and ideas could still be used even if they don't win).

For example, I would NOT vote for Frenzy just based on what I *think* Duggan would do with her. I could be way off base but I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by shugahfree View Post
    I like the smaller pool but its interesting that this group has only one candidate who has never been an official X-Man (Prodigy).

I think it'd be cool if in the future each of these characters were pitched with the writer's plans for them and potentially include a redesigned costume by the ongoing artist (or whoever is doing the costume design) in a similar vein to DC's Round Robin contest.

The majority of the contestants in the past 3 years have been characters that are either in need of a refresh/reintroduction or are pretty obscure. We should get a sample of what they could possibly bring and with fewer candidates this seems more feasible (plus the designs and ideas could still be used even if they don't win).

For example, I would NOT vote for Frenzy just based on what I *think* Duggan would do with her. I could be way off base but I have no idea.
    Has Frenzy really been an official X-Man? The two stints I can remember are her being mind controlled by Jean for four-ish issues (which I would not count) and X-Men Legacy, which pretty explicitly did not allow Rogue to have a real team so she seemed more like a cast member than a member of the X-Men. At the very least it would be an upgrade for Frenzy to actually be a team member here.

This is actually smart. We should do this so we get a hint of who might win.

I wonder if it's as close in the real poll as it is above. Tight race.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I would vote for Prodigy but I already know that he would be relegated to background duty in this roster instead of the true shot caller he could be so I'd rather Jubilee or Frenzy get the spot

I figured Jubilee has a book with X-terminator and so does Dazzler BUT I want Dazzler on the main team so that Betsy possibly joins.

I picked Dazzler, assuming my vote actually went through. I can't get my vote to count.

Jubilee would be my next choice.