Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Christopher Gorham has been cast to play the son of Admiral Kilbride (Gerald McRaney) in an upcoming episode of NCIS: Los Angeles. Article Link

HBO Max has cancelled Pennyworth three seasons in total.

Fox has renewed The Cleaning Lady for a 3rd season.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    HBO Max has cancelled Pennyworth three seasons in total.
    Predicted. I enjoyed it for the Elseworlds type series it was.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BET+ has renewed Kingdom Business for a 2nd season.

Peacock has renewed The Traitors for a 2nd season.

CBS has renewed So Help Me Todd for a 2nd season.

Hulu has renewed Hit-Monkey for a 2nd season.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

NBC has renewed Night Court for a 2nd season.

Paramount+ has renewed 1923 for a 2nd season.

Netflix has renewed That '90s Show for a 16 episode 2nd season.

Hulu has renewed Hit-Monkey for a 2nd season.
    Though it's production company Marvel Television is now defunct, so it's been moved to 20th Century Animation. Presumably Marvel's name will still appear in the form of a vanity plate though, like how DC shows have their logo before the WB one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

HGTV has renewed Down Home Fab for a 2nd season.

AMC has renewed Ann Rice's Mayfair Witches for a 2nd season.

Paramount+ has renewed 1923 for a 2nd season.
    This is great news. The article states exactly why I delay watching a show I'm interested in until it is done dropping.
    Painful hiatus after. You drop a few episodes then go on break? Streamers, sans Netflix, returning to that model the last few years is just ass backwards.
    I've heard the arguments about getting week to week publicity but have yet to see data where that matters.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This is great news. The article states exactly why I delay watching a show I'm interested in until it is done dropping.
    Painful hiatus after. You drop a few episodes then go on break? Streamers, sans Netflix, returning to that model the last few years is just ass backwards.
    I've heard the arguments about getting week to week publicity but have yet to see data where that matters.
    Netflix is struggling right now with the model of dumping an entire series in one go. It worked years ago for them as competition wasn't that deep. Now there are more streamers and they are pulling viewers away.

Because they want viewers to keep coming back to watch weekly shows. They want viewers to not turn off the service if a show is something they really , really like so they want those subscribers that extra month.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So its came out that Dr. Phil didn't exactly decide to end the show himself. The report was days ago he wanted to move on to other things. But the reality is as a story came out ...the show had lost top advertisers. That the last few years it like Dr. Oz were seen as terrible shows and it finally had CBS eating costs with its own advertisements due to this.

Even as the show does get solid ratings , there wasn't money coming in for advertisers and it killed the show.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Netflix is struggling right now with the model of dumping an entire series in one go. It worked years ago for them as competition wasn't that deep. Now there are more streamers and they are pulling viewers away.

Because they want viewers to keep coming back to watch weekly shows. They want viewers to not turn off the service if a show is something they really , really like so they want those subscribers that extra month.
    There is nothing stopping a subscriber from waiting till a show drops in entirety before they subscribe, ergo they watch then bail. Which is what you're saying is Netflix's problem.
    I think Netflix's problem has been dropping the wrong shows, changing them up (Witcher) and not allowing others to grow that showed promise along with getting good publicity.

It looks like Yellowstone may be ending prematurely due to a dispute with star Kevin Costner over shooting schedules. Article Link.

It looks like Yellowstone may be ending prematurely due to a dispute with star Kevin Costner over shooting schedules. Article Link.
    This is disheartening to hear. Sounds like Costner hasn't realized that the show/universe of Yellowstone has grown larger than him/John Dutton. His prima-donna demands for shooting are being ignored cause, well....they can. Get on board and enjoy the ride Kevin or get off and Sheridan is showing him the exit ramp.

Amazon is planning to expand the Bosch universe with two new spinoff shows. Article Link

Or they want to get the show on Paramount Plus and a rebranding of the show will do that.