Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So here are some more of my thoughts on the things I really liked

• The art. I already talked about it and don't want to be a broken record but I still have to mention it again because it's just that good. Pichelli is the GOAT.
    • I liked how Viv and Wandas relationship was handled. This could have easily come off as rushed and inorganic but it wasn't at all. Viv got help with her problems and Wanda made it clear that she will always be there for her if she needs anything. That's a great foundation to build on later.
    • Wandas characterization. We are only two issues in but I can honestly say this is the best and most compelling Wanda I have read in ages. I don't want to be unfair here since it has been a while since I read the Robinson run but I can't recall it ever hitting these heights. I don't know how he does it but Orlando is hitting all the right notes. It's crazy. My eyes lit up when Wanda said that there is no sacrifice that she wouldn't make for her family. This single sentence already tells you so much about the love she has and what is truly import to her. I also remember this coming up in the previous thread about Wanda becoming a "saint". I didn't think it was true back then and this issue has reinforced my view on it. There has been a theme here. Both the Corrupter and the Dreamqueen tried to rile up Wanda by bringing up her own past mistakes but she remained unimpressed by those attempts. Yet in both issues there have been hints that Wanda is actively holding back and that she could really mess them up if she wanted to. I have the feeling Orlando is building towards a turn of events that will actually manage to penetrate her emotional armor and get her legitimately angry.

• Wandas power level. I mean it was Twitter so it's not unexpected but remember when some people gave Orlando flak for saying that absorbing Chthon wasn't a power-up but that she actually has to use some of her power to keep him contained? I wonder if those people realize how foolish they have been now because here she is with a being like the Dreamqueen being at her mercy. I was already saying back then that that statement doesn't mean much. For something to be nerfed or buffed you need to have an actual baseline and apparently Wandas baseline is pretty damn high if this is a not fully powered Wanda who is going easy on people. But anyway I like what Im seeing here and Im sure many others are happy too that we are getting some great magical displays here.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    So here are some more of my thoughts on the things I really liked

• The art. I already talked about it and don't want to be a broken record but I still have to mention it again because it's just that good. Pichelli is the GOAT.
    • I liked how Viv and Wandas relationship was handled. This could have easily come off as rushed and inorganic but it wasn't at all. Viv got help with her problems and Wanda made it clear that she will always be there for her if she needs anything. That's a great foundation to build on later.
    • Wandas characterization. We are only two issues in but I can honestly say this is the best and most compelling Wanda I have read in ages. I don't want to be unfair here since it has been a while since I read the Robinson run but I can't recall it ever hitting these heights. I don't know how he does it but Orlando is hitting all the right notes. It's crazy. My eyes lit up when Wanda said that there is no sacrifice that she wouldn't make for her family. This single sentence already tells you so much about the love she has and what is truly import to her. I also remember this coming up in the previous thread about Wanda becoming a "saint". I didn't think it was true back then and this issue has reinforced my view on it. There has been a theme here. Both the Corrupter and the Dreamqueen tried to rile up Wanda by bringing up her own past mistakes but she remained unimpressed by those attempts. Yet in both issues there have been hints that Wanda is actively holding back and that she could really mess them up if she wanted to. I have the feeling Orlando is building towards a turn of events that will actually manage to penetrate her emotional armor and get her legitimately angry.

• Wandas power level. I mean it was Twitter so it's not unexpected but remember when some people gave Orlando flak for saying that absorbing Chthon wasn't a power-up but that she actually has to use some of her power to keep him contained? I wonder if those people realize how foolish they have been now because here she is with a being like the Dreamqueen being at her mercy. I was already saying back then that that statement doesn't mean much. For something to be nerfed or buffed you need to have an actual baseline and apparently Wandas baseline is pretty damn high if this is a not fully powered Wanda who is going easy on people. But anyway I like what Im seeing here and Im sure many others are happy too that we are getting some great magical displays here.
    I would just LOVE to linked this Reviews on Website to Orlando Himself(If you permite me), He Needs to read this!

You does such a Magnificent Jobs Just GETTING all to why this Wanda is so significant and so importnat, Many have to hear this review Galerion!

Thank You for making this into being, it was that much of a joy to read, This Shows why by this Solo Alone the strenght Wanda is at right now in pesonia and growing importants along most of all with the best beauty of her characters showning that we have ever seen!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I would just LOVE to linked this Reviews on Website to Orlando Himself(If you permite me), He Needs to read this!

You does such a Magnificent Jobs Just GETTING all to why this Wanda is so significant and so importnat, Many have to hear this review Galerion!

Thank You for making this into being, it was that much of a joy to read, This Shows why by this Solo Alone the strenght Wanda is at right now in pesonia and growing importants along most of all with the best beauty of her characters showning that we have ever seen!
    Thank for the compliment and sure feel free to share, CJ

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Thank for the compliment and sure feel free to share, CJ
    Done and Honorably DONE!!

https://twitter.com/CjstrikerC/statu...74175525666818
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Finally got a chance to read the issue and it was really good. The main story with Viv is really ggod, it was nice to see Wanda and Viv having a chance to bond despite not really clearing up their relationship but then again, Wanda constantly dealing with her family or lack of one has been problematic. Darcy still doesn't impress, just some pointless MCU synergy and they fact she's liked to some D-Listers doesn't help. The back-up strip was solid but largely throwaway. Storm was welcome to see but not much was really done with her magic side, the biggest laugh was despite all the let's make Wanda kinda Magneto's daughter again in TOM, literally one panel is actually about Magnus's death and Wanda barely reacts to the news.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Finally got a chance to read the issue and it was really good. The main story with Viv is really ggod, it was nice to see Wanda and Viv having a chance to bond despite not really clearing up their relationship but then again, Wanda constantly dealing with her family or lack of one has been problematic. Darcy still doesn't impress, just some pointless MCU synergy and they fact she's liked to some D-Listers doesn't help. The back-up strip was solid but largely throwaway. Storm was welcome to see but not much was really done with her magic side, the biggest laugh was despite all the let's make Wanda kinda Magneto's daughter again in TOM, literally one panel is actually about Magnus's death and Wanda barely reacts to the news.
    I mean that's still more of an reaction than what Pietro or Lorna have shown so far. But I guess that's a different topic and a sore point for point for some for very understandable reasons. For all the Lorna fans out there reading this. We know how you feel about it at this point.

I talked about it in their section too but it's quite obvious that in their current era they don't really care much about continuity and organic story telling anymore. It has been a criticism since the beginning of the Krakoa era that characterizations have been changed just so the new status quo can work and there seems to be no end to it. Magneto is killed off and nobody of his family is actually shown to care about it. Wanda improved the Krakoa resurrection stuff with plan that literally involved killing herself and yet when the Eternals show up to destroy it all, she is a no show. So quite frankly I wouldn't expect much if anything to come from the X-franchise when it comes to Wanda at this point.
    Those writers have their own idea of a story and they are pushing it even if it doesn't make much logical sense. The recent Dark Web event was another showcase of this.