View Poll Results: Which forgotten kids needs to shine?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quill

4 7.27%
  • Dryad

11 20.00%
  • Network

8 14.55%
  • Preview

7 12.73%
  • Kodigo

4 7.27%
  • Indra

24 43.64%
  • Match

7 12.73%
  • Trance

19 34.55%
  • Onyxx

9 16.36%
  • Rubbermaid

7 12.73%
  • Graymalkin

7 12.73%
  • Wolf Cub

3 5.45%
  • Cipher

23 41.82%
  • Ink

3 5.45%
  • Other.....

14 25.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Hopefully some of them may get a chance when the new status quo takes over.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I feel like Trance got fucked over by the fact that her first name was also Hope LOL
    As did Wallflower because her name was "Laurie" which could easily be confused with "Laura".
    My flag is bacon.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Second that!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

As did Wallflower because her name was "Laurie" which could easily be confused with "Laura".
    And then you really look around... and realize just how over-used some names are.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    And then you really look around... and realize just how over-used some names are.
    I think they are only overused here, not throughout Marvel itself.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I doubt I could tell you what any of these guys' powers are or even their human name, tbh. Wasn't Graymalkin Cable's talking space station?

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I doubt I could tell you what any of these guys' powers are or even their human name, tbh. Wasn't Graymalkin Cable's talking space station?
    I thought he called it "professor"
    My flag is bacon.

Ultimate Member

While his power never excited me, I liked the tiny snippet we saw of Max/Quill's personality from the dance issue. He had some cool self-confidence going on.

(Although I've seen almost nothing of him in any sort of action. If he could fire his quills at incredible velocity to pierce wood, stone or even metal, or secrete some sort of paralytic agent on them, he could be far more effective than just Marvel's answer to Porcupine Pete!)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I thought he called it "professor"
    Graymalkin was the space station, the Professor was its A.I.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think they are only overused here, not throughout Marvel itself.
    Well, Let's go with "Mary".... how many Marvel comics characters are named Mary?

I wish some writer could figure out how to make Armor "work."

Felt like she was spot-lighted a time or two in the hopes of this being the case, but didn't pan out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Cipher, gosh, what was her last appearance anyway?
    I could be wrong, but i think she never made it out of Young X-men.

Having a code name that sounds similar to the returned Doug Ramsey's likely doesn't help.

Which might take some time and we don't know if the next writers won't feel the need to "leave their mark" and create a whole bunch of new young mutant characters to focus on instead.

As mentioned in the past, it's not a good sign when the x-men editor flat out admits that they don't know what to do with "next generation of X-men" characters anymore after they run their course, but keep producing them anyway to have fresh youth characters to wear out.

The pot keeps overflowing and the writers only want to use the same old adult characters, so there is never more than maybe one spot one of them could fill for a while.

I'd like to be more optimistic, but anything short of a serious paradigm shift will not give me much hope for the next gen of mutants created after the 2000's. Would be really nice to be wrong on that one though.

Also we really need a cartoon show based on New X-men Academy. The original series is like an ideal blueprint for one and they could even adapt some of the post Decimination stories (and team composition) without actualy having to use Decimination itself. Especialy since it wouldn't need to deal with the comic buying audience and it's uncertain publishing system.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While his power never excited me, I liked the tiny snippet we saw of Max/Quill's personality from the dance issue. He had some cool self-confidence going on.

(Although I've seen almost nothing of him in any sort of action. If he could fire his quills at incredible velocity to pierce wood, stone or even metal, or secrete some sort of paralytic agent on them, he could be far more effective than just Marvel's answer to Porcupine Pete!)
    The fact that he isn't the first Quill and the basic power of being a human porcupine seems to classified as a generic one by super hero world standards certainly doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I wish some writer could figure out how to make Armor "work."

Felt like she was spot-lighted a time or two in the hopes of this being the case, but didn't pan out.
    Really feels like she was pushed for some time looking at Astonishing X-men and the X-men anime short series, until they once again gave up and went for the next, with Armor still carrying that "was a x-men for a short time" prestige that helps her in getting the occasional appearance, but not enough to permanently stay on anything.

Which reminds me to the Ten of Sword promo image where she was showcased with a force field sword (it also featured Cherub from Children of the Atom when their series was supposed to be released before the event).
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-04-2023 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Cipher, gosh, what was her last appearance anyway?
    I assume she was a background character in the Wind Dancer resurrection issue of X-Factor, either during the reveal or afterwards at the "prom"(?) they held in the Boneyard.

If not, then the last I recall is Pre-Krakoa. She was sitting at a lunch table in Christina Strain's Generation X.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Which might take some time and we don't know if the next writers won't feel the need to "leave their mark" and create a whole bunch of new young mutant characters to focus on instead.

As mentioned in the past, it's not a good sign when the x-men editor flat out admits that they don't know what to do with "next generation of X-men" characters anymore after they run their course, but keep producing them anyway to have fresh youth characters to wear out.

The pot keeps overflowing and the writers only want to use the same old adult characters, so there is never more than maybe one spot one of them could fill for a while.

I'd like to be more optimistic, but anything short of a serious paradigm shift will not give me much hope for the next gen of mutants created after the 2000's. Would be really nice to be wrong on that one though.
    Yeah the big issue is how new story arc tend to have new characters instead of using old ones. We do get to see some re-uses, but overall it tends to be either the main Xmen, or someone the writer had a specific reason to want to use. But the less-often used characters rarely get either.