View Poll Results: Which forgotten kids needs to shine?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quill

4 7.27%
  • Dryad

11 20.00%
  • Network

8 14.55%
  • Preview

7 12.73%
  • Kodigo

4 7.27%
  • Indra

24 43.64%
  • Match

7 12.73%
  • Trance

19 34.55%
  • Onyxx

9 16.36%
  • Rubbermaid

7 12.73%
  • Graymalkin

7 12.73%
  • Wolf Cub

3 5.45%
  • Cipher

23 41.82%
  • Ink

3 5.45%
  • Other.....

14 25.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kylunfan View Post
    this!

Except for ink. Ink may well be the worst x-men character of all time.
    heeeeyyyyy!!!!

Ultimate Member

All of them, but especially Indra, Dryad and Cipher, from that list. And Dallas Gibson/Specter, from 'Other.'

Hell, did Kidigo, the tall shrinking character voted 'most ironic power,' even ever get a speaking line?

And how about that Advocates group? (Rogue's squad) Xenon, Umbra, Boggart, Naiad, Pinpoint, Trevao?

Honestly, all of them are really cool and I'd love to see them developed. But I have a soft spot for Onyxx, Cipher, Kidogo, Indra and Rubbermaid. Especially the first two.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Amazing Member

If I had to pick one I’d say Indra

Rubbermaid and Graymalkin after that. Rest don’t care.

Ultimate Member

Preview and Network being sisters, and yet assigned to different squads, intrigued me. Were they also, by their own choice, not roommates, either? They seemed to have slightly different aesthetics, with Preview being a bit 'goth-y' and Network seeming a bit more prim and proper. Up until that point, it seemed the X-franchise wasn't doing much with either technopaths or precognitives, but since then both have been outshone by Blindfold, and now Destiny, for precogs, and Trinary, and now Wiz Kid, for technopaths/cyberkinetics.

Since Preview and Blindfold may have been at the school at the same time, it might have been amusing to see some students walk by them playing chess in the quad. They lay out the board. Set up the pieces. Stare at each other, occasionally moving a hand, but drawing it back before actually touching a piece. Finally they get up and one congratulates the other on a good game, as they pack up the unmoved pieces, while students watching are all 'WTF just happened? Most boring chess game, ever!'

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

For me Kodigo, Dryad, Preview, Match and Network were nit interesting. The rest I like, especally Indra after he wen to Indi with Rogue. Shame they never developed him and ones like Trance and Rubbermaid more
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    For me Kodigo, Dryad, Preview, Match and Network were nit interesting. The rest I like, especally Indra after he wen to Indi with Rogue. Shame they never developed him and ones like Trance and Rubbermaid more
    Longneck needs more exploration!

Honestly the majority of the NXM are forgotten kids these days.

When was the last time something happened to Hellion other than a single page cameo?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I'm deeply curious as to how Surge will be used over in Bishop's War College title.

But that being said, from the listed options I very much would love to see blank-slate-CIPHER examined & explored.

I'm genuinely bummed that her "relationships" with Blindfold & Graymalkin didn't get any additional follow through.
    Graymalkin -- although not the most thrilling powerset or design -- intrigued me with his "out of time" riff. I'm always a sucker for people from the past adapting to modern age life. And of course I love a gay.

I'd take a substantial appearance from pretty much any Academy X kid at this point. Wind Dancer, Surge and Hellion would be top of my list, but of the more obscure ones, I'd love to see more of Specter, Quill and Trance.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    But that being said, from the listed options I very much would love to see blank-slate-CIPHER examined & explored.
    I've seen her mentioned as a member of the squads-era, but she's not on any of the listed squads. (Granted, we have no idea who all was on Beast (Angel Salvadore, and...?) or Storm's (Gentle, and...?) squads, and there may have been squads we never heard of, or don't know a single member of (Iceman's Excelsiors)! Even Gambits squad only ever had five of the six members listed, and one of them was an imposter (Mystique pretending to be Foxx), so it's possible Cipher could have been the un-named sixth member of the Chevaliers...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I've seen her mentioned as a member of the squads-era, but she's not on any of the listed squads. (Granted, we have no idea who all was on Beast (Angel Salvadore, and...?) or Storm's (Gentle, and...?) squads, and there may have been squads we never heard of, or don't know a single member of (Iceman's Excelsiors)! Even Gambits squad only ever had five of the six members listed, and one of them was an imposter (Mystique pretending to be Foxx), so it's possible Cipher could have been the un-named sixth member of the Chevaliers...
    My understanding is that Jean brought her in and trained her privately. Only she and Scott and eventually Emma knew about her being among them. Until Guggenheim's Young X-Men, when she made herself known to help out that team.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Cipher, gosh, what was her last appearance anyway?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Cipher, gosh, what was her last appearance anyway?
    She's been in every issue. You just didn't see her.

Astonishing Member

Is Marvel giving Rockslide some love? If not, that'd be my pick.