Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I heard about that. Thank god he chose not to come to Philly, because it looks like he’s cooked.
    We'll see. I like to give a player of that former caliber two seasons to see if in fact they are really done.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So it's coming out that Bayless is the one who let things go too far. That it's his show and well...Fox Sports empowered him for years.

- When Shannon Sharpe joined Undisputed in 2016 he was just starting out in that format and took a 2nd banana role in a sense. As time passed he became a star as well...and wanted some control.

Sharpe wanted to pick some topics. He wanted to pick some that they'd do. But Bayless was very strict on wanting all the power. He feels it's his show and Sharpe is still at that 2016 situation. So the network let him push Shannon out essentially.

- Jonathan Coachman told a story where years ago he was on 1st Take. Filling in for Stephen A Smith that day. He tells how Skip was next to him and told him..."What are you gonna debate on ? Golf ?" Mocking him before the show. Coachman claims the network has coddled Bayless for years and did here.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So it's coming out that Bayless is the one who let things go too far. That it's his show and well...Fox Sports empowered him for years.

- When Shannon Sharpe joined Undisputed in 2016 he was just starting out in that format and took a 2nd banana role in a sense. As time passed he became a star as well...and wanted some control.

Sharpe wanted to pick some topics. He wanted to pick some that they'd do. But Bayless was very strict on wanting all the power. He feels it's his show and Sharpe is still at that 2016 situation. So the network let him push Shannon out essentially.

- Jonathan Coachman told a story where years ago he was on 1st Take. Filling in for Stephen A Smith that day. He tells how Skip was next to him and told him..."What are you gonna debate on ? Golf ?" Mocking him before the show. Coachman claims the network has coddled Bayless for years and did here.
    Isn't Skip Bayless the guy who accused Troy Aikman of being homosexual?
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by JT221 View Post
    The irony being that it is Bayless who is the fucking *******.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The irony being that it is Bayless who is the fucking *******.
    He does not seem like someone anyone in the industry really likes. Guess being entertaining supersedes his detriments.

There was also the time he called out Dak Prescott for being weak because he opened up about his mental health struggles. Saying that is something no leader would or should ever do.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    There was also the time he called out Dak Prescott for being weak because he opened up about his mental health struggles. Saying that is something no leader would or should ever do.
    Well, I would not call Skip Bayless a leader. He seems the epitome of those people who chirp at 'the man in the arena.'

Well, I would not call Skip Bayless a leader. He seems the epitome of those people who chirp at 'the man in the arena.'
    Nobody will remember Skip in 10 years.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The best part of that show was Sharpe. I wonder how it will do in the ratings with just Skip or if they will find another up and comer he can bully to be on his show.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The best part of that show was Sharpe. I wonder how it will do in the ratings with just Skip or if they will find another up and comer he can bully to be on his show.
    He will get a new co-host is my bet.

Skip can get Kendrick Perkins as co-host since many think he's an idiot.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Sharpe really started by showing he had that sharper (…did not mean for that pun, but oh well) insight into sports talk than Skip did, which wasn’t surprising, since Skip’s whole thing is more being a loud, self-involved shock-jock… but Sharpe also wound up figure out how to turn his considerable charisma, showmanship, and personality into the more refined type a talk show needed, which sort of renders Skip redundant outside of his own following… and Sharpe can clearly grow a larger one hismelf.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

He does not seem like someone anyone in the industry really likes. Guess being entertaining supersedes his detriments.
    I'd find fault with the notion that he's entertaining. Whenever I've had the misfortune to see him on TV, it was mind-boggling how anyone could think he has anything to offer to anyone.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Shannon Sharpe was just as annoying as Bayless, in his own way. I honestly don't know why anyone watched the two of them.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just heard the Vikings cut RB Dalvin Cook. That was surprising.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Which was the worst thing Bayless ever went on about, imo. I get it, his whole shtick that has kept him on cable television, even though I would never intentionally listen to him, that particular take seemed mad unnecessarily harsh.

I will miss Shay and the wisdom drops from his Grandma he'd sprinkle in but he'll pop back up. I can only imagine, the levels of restraint, he's show over the run of Undisputed he's put forth in not reaching over that desk and slapping the fire out of Skip. Yea sure he took the 'Goat James' thing a bit too far but any best player on the planet is going to have some shill out there in the space. Which is fine, just took it to far at times. Hell, now that I think about it, I don't even watch many studio pre-game shows since he left CBS.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.