Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    Ya know, Babyblob, whenever I see your name I always wonder why "The Blob" did not keep his power a secret and become an O-lineman. And maybe convinced the Juggernaut to be his Halfback.
    In the days when the character was created I don't think football players made all that much - especially unsung ones like the offensive line.

Google Fu says the average NFL salary in 1970 was 23K, with the rookie base of 9K and a veteran minimum of 10K. That is the first year that the player's union was able to get such a contract. The Blob first appeared in 1964.

Salaries didn't even get to those levels until the end of the AFL, as before they came into prominence there wasn't enough competition to create the bidding war which led to the merger.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that the Cobra Commanders released Carson Wentz after only one season in a cost cutting move that saves Washington $26 million. After back to back one and done stints with the Colts and Commies, is this the end for Wentz? Unlikely, given the need for passers in a quarterback deficient NFL, I’m sure he’ll turn up somewhere.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ya know, Babyblob, whenever I see your name I always wonder why "The Blob" did not keep his power a secret and become an O-lineman. And maybe convinced the Juggernaut to be his Halfback.
    Juggernaut would be running back of some sort, but he reminds me of a lot of fullbacks from yore.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Juggernaut would be running back of some sort, but he reminds me of a lot of fullbacks from yore.
    When I was a kid I would write and draw marvel super heroes playing sports.

My favorite scene was Emma Frost, as a cheer leader, stopping the ball for an easy interception. But, just as it is about to be picked off, Spider-man snags it with a web it and catches it for the game winning TD.

I know its stupid, but it is fun to imagine this stuff. Right?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

According to reports Alex Smith is now the QB Coach in Kansas City. The story begins as I have to think he's being groomed to take Reid's job down the line.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In NFL News to the shock of no one...Carson Wentz was released today by Washington. Wentz will become a free agent and given the work the last few seasons he likely will become a career backup...at best. If a team needs a veteran.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

My sports Glory was little League Baseball

I did want to play football but my mom thought it was too violent of a sport. And the fact I got scared at Flag Football during field day at middle school? I had no hopes for the pros.

This is one Blob that is very moveable.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

When I was a kid I would write and draw marvel super heroes playing sports.

My favorite scene was Emma Frost, as a cheer leader, stopping the ball for an easy interception. But, just as it is about to be picked off, Spider-man snags it with a web it and catches it for the game winning TD.

I know its stupid, but it is fun to imagine this stuff. Right?
    People marked out when the X-Men played football or baseball for a reason. Hell, the Animated series where Wolverine "blocks a shot" while playing 1 on 1 with Gambit by spearing it on his claws was a classic moment on that show. Superheroes goofin' in sports is great stuff, every time.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I am seeing reports that the Falcons have released QB Marcus Mariota.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

With that move by the Falcons, these are the QBs currently under contract for 2023 by team in the NFC South:

Buccaneers: Kyle Trask

Falcons: Desmond Ridder, Logan Woodside

Panthers: Matt Corral, PJ Walker

Saints: Jameis Winston

not what you would call a QB heavy division.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Bills announced defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier has decided to take a year off from coaching in 2023 and plans to return to coaching in 2024.

Not sure who will fill that spot for them yet.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    With that move by the Falcons, these are the QBs currently under contract for 2023 by team in the NFC South:

-M
    Carr would be a fool to pass on this division. He would be top dog day one.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Carr would be a fool to pass on this division. He would be top dog day one.
    He's supposedly meeting with the Panthers at the Combine.

-M

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post

-M
    Speaking of the Panthers, since Frank Reich is their new head coach, does anyone think he might kick the tires on recently released Carson Wentz, either as a starter or backup, or does Reich pass on his old quarterback from his days in Philly?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Wentz will go somewhere, and the Panthers are as good as any place. But I'm not sure Reich and he had a good end there at Philly. Plus didn't Wentz just bad mouth the Eagles in the midst of their success? That man is getting a reckless reputation now.

Nah I think Wentz is almost done in the league, beginning to circle the drain. At this point he might become a clipboard holder somewhere like Chicago, where he's very unlikely to play, but maybe could do some mentoring to Fields. Or at least where he could serve as a reminder of what might happen if you screw up too much.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.