Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Derek Carr basically gave the Raiders a big f--k you move today. He will not extend his trade window past February 15th. Saying it's not something that helps him.

Now the Raiders are really , really , really f--ked. They either have to pay Carr $40+ million on that date...or release him. Teams now have no real incentive to trade for Carr as they can wait on him to play free agency.

Plus Carr can dictate a trade with his No Trade clause. All this because the Raiders let Josh McDaniels f--k him to escape blame as a coach.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Boss Move by Carr. They mess him over so he messes them over.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

McDaniels is getting the karma for screwing over the Colts & Patriots.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    And I do think that it says alot about what coaches think about Kyler that Payton would rather go to Denver with all of their issues then go to The Cardinals to coach him.
    I think Payton screaming at Kingsbury to "CALM THE F*** DOWN!" for calling time out rather than let Murray get a delay of game penalty on a prime time game this year was a moment that a lot of prospective coaches saw, and are thinking twice before taking the job in Arizona.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Boss Move by Carr. They mess him over so he messes them over.
    Easily the best Carr has played in the past 5 years! I hope he gets to go somewhere nice when the smoke clears.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

If I were Carr I would invoke my no Trade Clause if any team does reach out. (Which I doubt they will because they know they can sign him for few in a couple of weeks.) Make The Raiders cut me or pay me. The Raiders really messed this up on their end.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The Raiders basically did this in 2022...

- They signed Carr to a 3 year extension at $40+ million a year.

- They gave him a No Trade Clause.

- The Raiders were having a bad season. But Carr had really been one of their best QBs even in bad years. He had struggled some this season but the team was bad at times. Instead of giving Carr a chance to rebound in 2023 the Raiders blamed him totally and benched him.

Carr decided then he was done. He actually left the team. Which the Raiders must have forgotten...HE HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE.

- Days ago the Raiders GM tried to put spin on a dead market for Carr. That teams would start calling after Senior Bowl. But the real deal is teams going with the whole...why would he trade for that salary and give draft picks. We can likely pay him cheaper and no draft picks.

- The 1st mistake was giving Carr that clause. The 2nd was thinking he wouldn't get angry over benching.

They should have never agreed on that one. The next thing should have been once they started 2-6 was call Carr in and spin a nice story that they want to rebuild and well..they wanna know what teams you maybe interested in playing for. To try and get you to a winning club.

Instead they didn't do any of this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Looking at the Raiders OTC number, they look like they are screwed for awhile, too.

Even with cutting Carr out this year or next, they don't get out of a jam till 2026.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-04-2023 at 10:49 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mark Davis is an apple that fell a ways off the tree. Al "tracksuit" Davis knew a lot about football but he also really knew the business side of things.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Oh you sweet summer children....thinking you know about the Raiders.

You think you know about the darkness?

I was born in it...molded by it....

And TBH if I was Derek...I would have asked for a trade years ago. Derek struggled A LOT this last year, more so than previous years. It felt like he was sad. Well now he's free. Or will be soon enough. We'll see what happens.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Big G is right.

It's like the Raiders front office forget what it was like before Derek Carr and they were running JeMarcus Russell and other guys like Andrew Walter, Terrelle Pryor, Kerry Collins, or Jason Campbell out there.

The darkness is gonna be back.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Big G is right.

It's like the Raiders front office forget what it was like before Derek Carr and they were running JeMarcus Russell and other guys like Andrew Walter, Terrelle Pryor, Kerry Collins, or Jason Campbell out there.

The darkness is gonna be back.

They are gonna go after Aaron Rodgers more or less. They will throw a few 1st rd picks to get Rodgers. Green Bay will fleece them if they can.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They are gonna go after Aaron Rodgers more or less. They will throw a few 1st rd picks to get Rodgers. Green Bay will fleece them if they can.
    According to reports from Fox Sports Josh McDaniels has been telling close friends Rodgers is coming to Vegas and he is working out plans and plays for him. So if he doesnt go there Josh wasted part of the offseasin planning for a guy that never came.

Dont know how true the report is but it was brought up more then once on a couple of their ttalking head shows.

According to reports from Fox Sports Josh McDaniels has been telling close friends Rodgers is coming to Vegas and he is working out plans and plays for him. So if he doesnt go there Josh wasted part of the offseasin planning for a guy that never came.

Dont know how true the report is but it was brought up more then once on a couple of their ttalking head shows.

I would laugh so hard if McDaniels gets fooled here like the Broncos were last off season.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I would laugh so hard if McDaniels gets fooled here like the Broncos were last off season.
    Or The Jets. Why else would they hire Nathaniel Hackett as the OC if not to try and Lure Rodgers there. So they hire a sub par OC just to not get Rodgers and they are stuck with him.