Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Don Coryell should have went in years ago. John Madden himself discussed how Don Coryell should have been there for his influence on the game.

Very happy to see that.
    So cool!

Yes, he should have gone in earlier. But going in this late is somewhat in line with just how underrated his contributions to the game have been over the years. He is the inventor of the modern passing game. Those ridiculously hard to defend formations with three, four wideouts and a tight end lined up in the slot? Coryell. His is the face that launched a thousand primadonnas!
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 02-10-2023 at 10:51 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Saw this on Twitter and, as an Eagles fan, it amused me greatly!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Kelly Clarkson did pretty well in hosting the NFL awards show the other night. Enjoyed the players singing and was glad to see Nick Bosa win Defensive Player of the Year.

Fun show. Very touching when the Bills player came out with all the emergency staff and doctors were behind him.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In a funny story , Brett Farve has filed a defamation case against Shannon Sharpe and Pat McAfee over things they said about him on their shows recently. Over the whole loan scandal in his state and the volleyball court deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Larry Coyer, who coached at the college and pro levels for 50 years, has passed away.

The Carolina Panthers have hired Josh McCown as their QB coach.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

At last! The Big Game is tonight! Prediction time:

Eagles 34-24
    A key to this game will be what happens in the trenches. If the Birds' defensive front bullies KC's offensive line and harasses Patrick Mahomes like Tampa did two years ago, then the Chiefs will be in for a long night, but, this will still be a close game as, unlike the Giants and Forty-Whiners, the Chiefs won't roll over and play dead. When the Chiefs are on defense, they'll have to figure out Jalen Hurts and the RPO while finding ways to contain AJ Brown, Devonta Smith and Dallas Goedert along with Miles Sanders and Boston Scott from out of the backfield, a tall order to say the least. GAME ON!!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-12-2023 at 03:39 AM.

Eagles 31 - 17 KC
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Apparently Derek Carr is indeed not going to do the Raiders any favors and allow them to trade him, meaning they’ll likely have to cut him. Good for him, why the alRaiders thought he’d be willing to help them get compensation for dumping him is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Apparently Derek Carr is indeed not going to do the Raiders any favors and allow them to trade him, meaning they’ll likely have to cut him. Good for him, why the alRaiders thought he’d be willing to help them get compensation for dumping him is beyond me
    I saw that he turned down the trade to the Saints. I bet he signs with them the same day he is cut by The Raiders.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Kickoff was supposed to have been seven minutes ago. Can we just play the goddamn game please?

Good game despite the anti climatic finish, I'm happy for Chiefs.

Some things after the game...

- Travis Kelce praised the Eagles and organization for being a great classy team. He said he always dreamed of playing his brother. That this one Super Bowl will be one he remembers for that. The entire Chiefs team seemed to put over what a great classy team the Eagles were and how they have nothing to be embarrassed over. (a far cry from Bengals who KC players weren't happy with weeks earlier)

- Frank Clark broke down crying to a reporter. Discussing his hard year as he lost his father and how it effected him. That the win means a lot.

- JuJu Shuster discussed things ahead as he will be a free agent. But he wants to return and wants to make it happen. Shuster learned from a reporter that he also got a nice bonus. By taking part in Super Bowl and doing half the snaps ...he's now due a $1 million bonus. Shuster had forgotten it and was happy to learn this one.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Andy Reid at his press conference basically dismissed retirement rumors. That was started by Jay Glazer as the 2 are friends. Reid is 64 and he could go out on top. But.....Reid basically said it best. "I feel young still. I'm enjoying what I do."

So Reid is not gonna retire anytime soon from the way he is talking.

206 days until the 2023 NFL season begins.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

We might know in a few days who Arizona's new head coach is. Fans will be underwhelmed... unless somebody finally hires Eric Bienemy.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.