Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455

Just want to say, I was talking about trade fiascos rather than busts, they are two different things, people here seem to be equating the two. Trey Lance has been a bust so far, no doubt. But the thing is they traded THREE first round picks to get him. This isn't just getting a QB that doesn't work out. It is losing out on 3 other top players that could have been game changers.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Just want to say, I was talking about trade fiascos rather than busts, they are two different things, people here seem to be equating the two. Trey Lance has been a bust so far, no doubt. But the thing is they traded THREE first round picks to get him. This isn't just getting a QB that doesn't work out. It is losing out on 3 other top players that could have been game changers.
    Meanwhile, the Bears traded about the same kind of package for Mitchell Trubisky, and were running him out there for what... FOUR years of bleh starts?

The Jets traded up (albeit far less was in the package) to go get Zach Wilson, who's on his way to the same dishonor.

I saw someone compare this to the Ricky Williams trade, but someone with more knowledge of that trade pointed out New Orleans gave up their entire draft that year AND picks the next year... but at least Ricky Williams, prior to being suspended, was pulling down 1,000 yard seasons.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Meanwhile, the Bears traded about the same kind of package for Mitchell Trubisky, and were running him out there for what... FOUR years of bleh starts?

The Jets traded up (albeit far less was in the package) to go get Zach Wilson, who's on his way to the same dishonor.

I saw someone compare this to the Ricky Williams trade, but someone with more knowledge of that trade pointed out New Orleans gave up their entire draft that year AND picks the next year... but at least Ricky Williams, prior to being suspended, was pulling down 1,000 yard seasons.
    Remember that then Chicago Bears GM was so excited over Trubisky that one reason he was drafted was he drove an old car. I'm glad the Bears did that and passed on a kid named Pat Mahomes.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

With this the final cut and trade day , this will be my last post in this thread. A number of teams made trades. KC , Denver and others.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Patriots cut QBs 2 & 3, traded their kicker to the Titans, and are only using 2 RBs??

Are they tanking!?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Patriots cut QBs 2 & 3, traded their kicker to the Titans, and are only using 2 RBs??

Are they tanking!?
    Seems they are gonna sink or swim with Mac Jones and decide on 2024 if need be on that QB class lol

even if they're all in on Jones only having one QB on the roster is just weird and BEGGING for trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    even if they're all in on Jones only having one QB on the roster is just weird and BEGGING for trouble
    They likely have a QB in mind they are waiting on to be released. It is weird to see them cut Zappe after playing decent. But they likely want an older veteran there.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Eagles are rolling with four running backs but just three linebackers while cutting their punter.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Bizarre roster cut downs this year all-around.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Vikings sign T.J. Hockenson to 4 year 68.5 million dollar contract extension.

TJ87.jpg