Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    206 days until the 2023 NFL season begins.

-M
    LOL - Now I'm depressed. Oh well, if it didn't go away for awhile, I might not be as excited when it came back. Love me some football.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yo, WBE! I read a rumor the other day that your Cardinals were said to have had interest in Eagles’ defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon for their head coaching job. Well, after last night’s second half debacle where Gannon had his ass royally handed to him by Andy Reid on the NFL’s biggest stage, if I’m whatever Bidwell is running the show out there, I say thanks, but no thanks. I mean, in NFC West, Gannon would be up against Kyle Shanahan, one of the best coaches in the league; offensive wunderkind Sean McVey and crafty old wizard Pete Carroll, that’s a sure fire six losses for your squad every season. What do you think?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Skip Bayless looking defeated as Mahomes beat another team he picked to beat him was fun. I admit....these playoffs were more fun for the defeated look Skip Bayless had.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Skip Bayless looking defeated as Mahomes beat another team he picked to beat him was fun. I admit....these playoffs were more fun for the defeated look Skip Bayless had.
    I love seeing poor Skip look sad. But he got on my nerves downplaying everything Maholmes did last night.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Rodgers starts his 4 days of darkness today.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Conrad Dobler, who was a 3-time Pro Bowl player, has passed away. He played with the Cardinals, Saints and Bills. He was once on the cover of Sports Illustrated with the billing of "Pro Football's Dirtiest Player".
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I love seeing poor Skip look sad. But he got on my nerves downplaying everything Maholmes did last night.
    Thats because Mahomes has won 2 Championships while Dak Prescott who he talks about a lot and the Cowboys haven't recently. Its more fun to see Skip having to see the QB he wishes Prescott was (the generational talent as they call Mahomes) and hasn't gotten there. No idea if Dak will or not.

But we all know its jealousy over that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I really enjoy the older Hall of Fame players surprising the newest inductions with meeting them out or coming to their homes. Joe Thomas is the typical down to Earth guy with his young children on a snow day as we see. Zach Thomas seems to be physically not in good shape as he walks up the steps and stops at one point and has to gather himself to step up a few more.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that the Raiders will release QB Derek Carr. It’ll be interesting to see who will sign him.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that the Raiders will release QB Derek Carr. It’ll be interesting to see who will sign him.
    Carr got his revenge . He f-cked them but good here. Lesson to General Managers...never sign a QB your unsure on long term to a $40+ million dollar a year extension and put a No Trade Clause into it. Then later blame them for the terrible season and bench them.

Yesterday sucked
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

NFL News ...

- Chiefs backup QB veteran Chad Henne has announced his retirement after 15 seasons. Henne announced on Instagram his retirement after a 2nd Super Bowl ring in Kansas City. Earlier in post season once the ankle issue began , Henne managed to hold down KC's lead and helped the team until Mahomes returned. (Its very wild that Henne had been around that long !)

- Greg Roman and Eric Bieniemy have interviews in Washington to become offensive coordinator. I can't see Bieniemy taking this job because why would you want to go become an offensive coach for this team and leave a Super Bowl champion ?

- Jonathon Gannon (Eagles DC) stayed in Arizona to interview for the Cardinals job.

- Indianapolis Colts are close to working a deal out with Shane Steichen (Eagles OC). Steichen has become a rising star offensively due to his work with Jalen Hurts and the belief the Colts will draft a young QB this season. Also Colts fans are breathing a sigh of relief that the owners original idea to keep Jeff Saturday isn't happening.

- The Raiders had the framework of a deal in place with New Orleans. Then Derek Carr dropped the HAMMER on it and forced the release. It was a long shot Carr would approve any trade and only New Orleans seemed willing to try a trade deal. As many are waiting to just sign him after his release.

Arizona is also currently trying to figure out a way to see if they can outbid Kansas City to have Eric Bienemy be their HC or OC. Most likely OC, and Bengals DC Lou Anarumo is the current favorite to be their next head coach. Whomever they pick is like, their fourth choice at HC, because they wanted 1) Sean Payton 2) Dan Quinn and 3) Brian Flores and didn't make a deal with any of them. 4) DeMeco Ryans refused to even interview with them.

Still no word on what Jim Irsay will do for the Colts next coach, or what meds he'll be on when he makes that decision. But the Indy faithful are still hoping and praying it isn't more of Jeff Saturday.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I like Lou Anarumo. The guy knows his stuff. But I say again I question any front office that hires a Defensive Coach for the head coach when the NFL has become so offense and QB focused.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Carr got his revenge . He f-cked them but good here. Lesson to General Managers...never sign a QB your unsure on long term to a $40+ million dollar a year extension and put a No Trade Clause into it. Then later blame them for the terrible season and bench them.
    It is like the Raiders purposely decided to be stupid. Carr made them look so ridiculous.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.