Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Anyone have any ideas for what DC's various supernatural teams should be focused on?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Anyone have any ideas for what DC's various supernatural teams should be focused on?
    Preserving the past and internal policing of magic users. They should be the outsiders of the superhero community and are more inward with their problems.

Their slogan should be "out of mind, out of sight".

I'd move them over to the Sandman Universe imprint. That sensibility feels like the ideal one to me.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-05-2023 at 12:15 PM.

I would like to see them deal with the various alien dieties and how they fit. Starfire's Tamaran has X'hal and Thanagar is quasi mystic as well. The Starheart was also originally 'alien magic' subsumed by the Guardians and a piece of it fell on earth and became a part of Alan Scott's power.

So I would like to see a team that explores the various fictional and non fictional cultures and associated supernatural characters in the DCU.

So basically:

Alan Scott: Starheart

Katana: Soultaker, Japanese mythology

Shining Knight: Arthurian mythology

Amethyst: the Gemworld

Nightshade: Land of Nightshades

Donna Troy: the Titans of Myth

Cassie Sandsmark: the Olympians (specifically Zeus)

Dr Mist: Land of Kor

Empress: Vodun

Vixen: Anansi

Wonder Woman: Olympians (Athena, Aphrodite, Artemis)

Shazam: Champion of the Wizard Shazam along with other Olympian Gods

Dr Fate: Egyptian dieties

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Incredible Member

They should focus protecting both the magic community and the normal community. They should also keep magical artifacts safe from evil use and guard against cryptid enemies the normal and even some aliens can't see.
    Last edited by Shockingjustice; 02-05-2023 at 12:40 PM.

Astonishing Member

They should just be DC's GotG in small time characters fighting the a-list like Spectre. That was imo what Shadowpact was doing with unconventional and obscure characters like Detective Chmp, Blue Devil, Ragman and Nightmaster and it did it best with Days of Vengeance with them versus the Spectre and Eclipso.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

2007 Spectre trading card.

SpectreCard.jpg

Shadowpact being the Defenders of the Homo-Magi realm from the normal realm. Possibly against rogue anti-magic elements.

Maybe an archaeology splinter group trying to recover magic from the Green Men stripping the Universe of it or whatever they did.

An anthology of Lords of Order vs Chaos battles.

The return of Gem world.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I would like to see:

-One team that deals with the various hidden magical societies; both on earth and in other dimensions. There are so many 'hidden magical societies', I feel like there needs to be a team that acts as gatekeepers who protect earth from any possible threats that could emerge from these worlds.

-One team that deals with conflicts between human and magic. Set up should be like a 'case of the week' thing. Could be humans needing to be saved by ghosts or monsters needing to be saved by humans or a charlatan who tries to take advantage of people's paranoia over magic.

After that I would like to see individual titles that specializes in different mythology:

-Wonder Woman: A title specifically for seeing Diana and her allies deal with Greek mythology.

-Katana: Explore Japanese folklore and mythology. Could also include Bushido.

-Vixen: Explore the Ashanti and possibly even other African folklore and mythology.

-Aztek: Mesoamerican society.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Always eager to see Katana in an adventure exploring Japanese mythology. Its such a gold mine for comics to invest. It's really great in popular Video Games like Onimusha, Tenchu, Nioh and Sekiro. Katana could facing a whole range of Japanese Yokai demons either a big monstrous demon or street level thug demons and wield her Soultaker sword maximally

Also missing chance for Tatsu to appear at Xanthe new series.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I would like to see:

-One team that deals with the various hidden magical societies; both on earth and in other dimensions. There are so many 'hidden magical societies', I feel like there needs to be a team that acts as gatekeepers who protect earth from any possible threats that could emerge from these worlds.

-One team that deals with conflicts between human and magic. Set up should be like a 'case of the week' thing. Could be humans needing to be saved by ghosts or monsters needing to be saved by humans or a charlatan who tries to take advantage of people's paranoia over magic.

Would like to see Dr. Thirteen appeared and have banter with the protagonists xd

Incredible Member

Even though this guy was a villain I will never not find the idea of turning into a dragon a cool power.
    Last edited by Shockingjustice; 02-21-2023 at 04:25 AM.

So for my ideas:

Shadowpact: Guarding Earth from magical threats originating from other realms. This calls back to the Sun King being from another dimension and Nightshade's time in InterCEPT (Interdimensional Cooperative Enforcement Police Team).

Sentinels of Magic: Focusing on keeping the Lords of Chaos and Order in check and other magical threats.

Hellenders: Deals with demons and lords of Hell.

Creature Commandos: Classic monster hunters.

Primal Force: A nature-themed mystical team focusing on environmental concerns.

I thought Lazarus Planet was a good spotlight on DC's mystical characters.

I liked Gotham by Midnight. The idea of a special division of the cops focused on magical crimes is interesting to me. So I'm fine with using them as a rival for the other mystical teams.

I'm fine with JSA being more mystical than the JLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Even though this guy was a villain I will never not find the idea of turning into a dragon a cool power.
    I second that, I love this Ragman moment at Future State event

Any recommendations from Amethyst fans?

If you mean anything new after the Bendisizing? Not that I've heard. I've actually gone back to her original issues.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.