Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Maddie's speech didn't really make it clear, but it seems to be offering a place for those who need redemption? I'm not entirely sure. What was clear is that she basically threatened the US to get it.
    Why does that sound so much like what the Scarlet Witch is doing......lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Why does that sound so much like what the Scarlet Witch is doing......lol.
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Wanda/Maddie team-up. Or clash, depending on what Maddie is up to that week.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

It just occurred to me - Ben's whole problem is to do with his memories, right? The X-Men have so many telepaths, including Jean, who was right there throughout this whole conflict. Why did no one make an offer to try and help him telepathically?
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Kain is some where laughing at this.

This sage needed more hellion infact they should rewrite this to make hellion limbo Spartacus
    Based. I don't know anything about Greek history but I'm gong to assume he had a happy ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It's so frustrating because the 2 main writers have already proven they are so much better than this. Wells' New Mutants and Hellions were the best X-books of their respective eras. Duggan's Savage Avengers had stakes and felt important in a way nothing in Dark Web came close to. If it was Marc Guggenheim or Tini Howard it would be easier to accept the event being this bad.
    Honestly it seems to just come down to what books they seem to be writing. Wells’ Hellions was great but his ASM is terrible. Unfortunately, we can see which energy he brought to the table for this event.

Maddie is right.

Long Live Limbo.

Also no one asked the important question; where are the puppies?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

It just occurred to me - Ben's whole problem is to do with his memories, right? The X-Men have so many telepaths, including Jean, who was right there throughout this whole conflict. Why did no one make an offer to try and help him telepathically?
    Trust me, you’re not alone in pointing out the nonsensical nature of how the most obvious solution wasn’t used. It literally became even worse after the X-Men tie-in flat out spelled out that memories don’t have to be taken and can be shared followed by both telepaths being involved in the finale. At very least they could have come up with some reason for it like that they tried to reach him telepathically but the psychoreactive goo had an effect on him that is blocking them or had Maddie mention that she’s been working with him to help recover his memories. But no, they don’t even bother and just left a gaping plot hole, threw a rug over it and hoped no one would notice.

Because Jean's office hours were over...give her a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Trust me, you’re not alone in pointing out the nonsensical nature of how the most obvious solution wasn’t used. It literally became even worse after the X-Men tie-in flat out spelled out that memories don’t have to be taken and can be shared followed by both telepaths being involved in the finale. At very least they could have come up with some reason for it like that they tried to reach him telepathically but the psychoreactive goo had an effect on him that is blocking them or had Maddie mention that she’s been working with him to help recover his memories. But no, they don’t even bother and just left a gaping plot hole, threw a rug over it and hoped no one would notice.
    Well, the whole theme of the finale seemed to be that Maddie (for some reason) deserved to be considered redeemed and Ben didn't, so maybe we were meant to infer that Ben just wasn't worthy

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It's so frustrating because the 2 main writers have already proven they are so much better than this. Wells' New Mutants and Hellions were the best X-books of their respective eras. Duggan's Savage Avengers had stakes and felt important in a way nothing in Dark Web came close to. If it was Marc Guggenheim or Tini Howard it would be easier to accept the event being this bad.
    That's the main lesson here which is why I have no particular attachment to creators. I mainly judge things on it's own merits. At the end of the day a good story is good and a bad story is bad. Past credentials don't guarantee one or the other.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Thank you, Rift, for your diligence in reading and reviewing.

I quit the X titles after Hickman left, but I keep checking back here, on Twitter and Reddit, too, checking spoilers. I am so glad I didn’t spend money on this.

Limbo opened an embassy in the US, huh? How is that supposed to work? We’ve gone from the world outside your window, to the utterly unrecognizable. Which US political party is going to establish diplomatic relations with the rulers and residents of, basically, Hell? Does that sound realistic in any approximation of reality? No, it is not realistic at all.

Then there’s the matter of the embassy itself. So, New York City is the capital of the US now? I did not know that. Oh, wait! It’s not! Writer Zeb Wells and editor Nick Lowe are apparently so ignorant in the workings of real life that they apparently don’t know, there are NO embassies in New York. Embassies exist only in capital cities. At most, a diplomatic mission in New York might be recognized as a consulate, but it’s not an embassy. Say what you will of Hickman, Duggan and Jordan, but they weren’t so ill-informed as to make a basic mistake like that.

Marvel Comics and CB Cebulski, if you are paying attention, enough of this crap! Bring back Hickman. End the insanity and stupidity of “the Krakoan era.” Let Hickman finish his story. We’ve had enough of this nonsense.

Also, why is Ben Reilly or “Chasm” wearing a giant cockroach on the front of his costume? Isn’t he Spider-Man family? I didn’t know Marvel had radioactive cockroaches running around,

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Dark Web has been such a disappointing story. As a fan of Madelyne Pryor, Ben Reilly, Spider-Man, the X-Men and Zeb Wells' writing, this was at the very top of my list of comics I was looking forward to at the start of 2023.

Instead we got a good tie-in mini with Dark Web: X-Men but a very mediocre main story in Amazing Spider-Man. Basically the only thing I liked about it was how it repositioned Maddie as less of an antagonist to the X-Men and her reconciliation with Jean... that and the beautiful artwork by everyone involved I guess. But everything else has been utterly forgettable.

Extraordinary Member

A stupid ending to a stupid story.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post

Limbo opened an embassy in the US, huh? How is that supposed to work? We’ve gone from the world outside your window, to the utterly unrecognizable. Which US political party is going to establish diplomatic relations with the rulers and residents of, basically, Hell? Does that sound realistic in any approximation of reality? No, it is not realistic at all.
    You sure about that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    A stupid ending to a stupid story.
    6/10 but at least it didn't drag

Cable could have made this a 6.5 - 7, but instead we got more Havoc so that's that.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!