View Poll Results: Of the non-cosmic Superman Rogues, who would you like to see?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainiac

27 49.09%
  • Lobo

2 3.64%
  • Metallo

9 16.36%
  • Parasite

11 20.00%
  • Bloodsport

0 0%
  • Manchester Black

4 7.27%
  • Livewire

1 1.82%
  • Silver Banshee

1 1.82%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default What villain would you choose for Superman: Legacy?

While we’ve gotten morsels of info about the new upcoming movie - that it’s a reboot, Clark is a 25 year old cub reporter when we first meet him, it’s not an origin story - one thing that we haven’t found out yet is who he will be fighting against. Lobo has been rumored but with the news of the Supergirl movie, which is a cosmic romp, it’s possible Lobo might actually show up over there instead. Assuming Gunn makes the smart decision to not use Lex or Zod again, who do you think would be a good pick for a starter foe?

Keep in mind it’s unlikely we’ll get the more powerful cosmic foes like Mongul or the weirder ones like Terra-Man (though I’m sure Gunn would love to bring in some of the weird ones or have them cameo).

I would go with Metallo. I love Brainiac but I think starting Superman off with another alien invasion is a bad idea. We saw that already with MoS, and the problem of how do you make the next threat feel just as or more dangerous than Zod almost destroying the world is part of why the DCEU failed. Metallo is a human/robot villain who is a threat to Superman personally, but not out to conquer or destroy humanity. A story where Supes is trying to prove himself as a reporter and a hero while Metallo and General Sam Lane are hunting him sounds like a good starting point to me.
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-02-2023 at 10:06 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It would seem a most grievous and catastrophic error was committed, as Rosenbaum's Lex was not listed as an option. The Secretary of Defense may have to increase us to DEFCON 1.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-02-2023 at 10:35 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Not Zod and definitely not Lex. As much we all want too it can’t be Brainiac either. Brainiac needs to be saved for the last movie.

Incredible Member

Depends on whether Supes is really starting or more in a "Year 2" kind of phase. If he's already made something of a name for himself I could a Superman Revenge Squad-type of idea working, not unlike what some Batman movies do with the different crime factions in Gotham.

Though I disagree Brainiac can't be used. You could ostensibly scale down his threat to just Metropolis (let's say, he succesfully steals it for part of the plot, but isn't as quick to go full planetary destruction as other versions of Brainiac) and you could get a story with big stakes that doesn't involve the entire wolrd. I'd also keep his plot a mystery for the first half of the film, to give Investigative Reporter Clark Kent something to work on before the inevitable high-octane action comes.

One of these 4-
    Conduit
    Kru-el as Mister Oz.
    Ultra-Humanite.
    Brainiac.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Brainiac for a change.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I'd like to see Parasite and go for the weirdness vibe.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It's funny, because how we vote will, it seems, in part be driven by how many Superman films will be made as part of this run.

It seems some are assuming 2 or 3 films, but what if we only get one? What I'm driving at of course is that we simply don't know.

If I knew only one film, then Brainiac. If I knew 2-3, then I might be more willing vote Metallo or Parasite or Manchester Black or etc.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It's funny, because how we vote will, it seems, in part be driven by how many Superman films will be made as part of this run.

It seems some are assuming 2 or 3 films, but what if we only get one? What I'm driving at of course is that we simply don't know.

If I knew only one film, then Brainiac. If I knew 2-3, then I might be more willing vote Metallo or Parasite or Manchester Black or etc.
    That’s a good point. If this is the only Superman movie we get then yeah, I’d vote for Brainiac too. Gunn signing the new DCU actors to 10 year deals makes me think we will see some trilogies in addition to one and dones. Depends on how the films do of course but if Legacy does well then I see no reason why there wouldn’t be a Legacy 2.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Brainiac. But if it's Zod or Lex again...I'm out.

Luthor should be a presence, but not the main villain.

The villain needs to allow Supes to show his power off well, so I voted Brainiac.
    Brainiac has been ripe for a big screen adaptation for eons!

Toyman and Mettalo would be a cool pair.

Manchester Black would work more for a sequel or an older Superman like Routh or Cavill.

Mr. Mxyzpltz and Prankster would be fun too.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-02-2023 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    One of these 4-
    Conduit
    Kru-el as Mister Oz.
    Ultra-Humanite.
    Brainiac.
    Yeah - Ultra-Humanite or Conduit would be my picks, too. Probably Ultra-Humanite, so we're not running to Kryptonite right away.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

This thread is a lot of fun. Lol.

Captain Cosmic or Red Ghost would be good.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-02-2023 at 03:53 PM.

I voted Manchester Black but I wold choose the Elite as enemies. As violent antiheroes they would be ideal for the Superman than Gunn described.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin