Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Aw thank you, it's always fun posting new stuff about our merry mutants! I'm very intrigued by all of this, and I wonder if that's Marianna Stern with the braid, a whole glow-up if so.
    Maybe it’s Val Cooper. Haven’t seen her in a hot minute.

Gambit and Rogue ooze sex appeal

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. It's good to hear that it will tie into upcoming X-Men events. I'm looking forward to this. The panel of them and Manifold is gorgeous.
    Cool seeing Manifold pop up here.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Well, they haven't spoken even once on panel since MMX #1 in 2018, including before or after Destiny's resurrection. And I'm still extremely disappointed Rogue was cut out of that story entirely. It still feels like a huge oversight to me. But we haven't seen Rogue talk to both her mothers at once the entire Krakoa era. I guess I don't think a single panel would be so hard to include? Not asking Mystique to join the whole series.

We already know Mystique and Gambit dislike each other fervently and have only barely been able to set their differences aside in the past. I still feel like Destiny would have a slightly different view of Remy than Raven instead of this carbon copy of Mystique's antagonism towards him. I'm just asking for more nuance. As someone who believes Gambit is good for Rogue and she for him, I guess I'd hope Destiny would see that in her daughter's future(s) ... unless she is seeing X-Men: The End's end? I would think she'd be way less petty and more big picture. I hope to get more information/justification on where Destiny's hatred stems from during this series because she's literally never met Gambit, so all we can assume is she doesn't like what it means for Rogue's future if they're together.
    Clinking my glass in agreement with all of this. Yes, book space is finite… yes, things will always be cut… yes, with a universe and cast as large as this, not everything can be satisfactorily tied up to match past character beats or continuity… but it’s been almost five years now of the current status quo, and yet there are other countless characters always springing up in almost every single book, regardless of their relationship to the plot. Because it’s not about what makes the most sense or best serves the plot, it’s about simple personal preference of current editorial (and to a lesser extent, some writers). Which one could argue is always going to be the case, but it’s never been so glaring as here. If they’d ended things when Hickman wanted to, that excuse may still have worked. But there’s no reason or excuse for keeping Rogue and Mystique apart at this stage other than deliberate sidelining.

I’m grateful that at least Marvel forced the X-Office to give us this mini. But I’m still side-eyeing how the other minis debuting in March after this one all had their promo weeks earlier… while this was dropped the day after preorders for #1 ended. Starting to think Rogue and Gambit stuffed someone from that office in their middle school locker or something lol.
    Last edited by Sisterhood Of Mutants; 02-05-2023 at 04:55 PM.

Some preview art from Rogue and Gambit #3 via stephanie Philips’ twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    She likes them! (I sure hope she does!)

I particularly like Gambit's expression in this shot.

Not so excited about the boob sock situation, but perhaps with some inking/shading ...

Those two are so freaking sexy. Kinda makes feel someone a lil bi.

These are the hotest x men marriage. Scott and Jean are a old couple.

But these two are young are hotter than everything.

Also so suportive of each other and all that stuff. Hope Marvel dont "one more day them" or "New X men them" or "Hawkeye and Mockingbird them"

Art is gorgeous. Excited for this mini. Wonderful cast of characters

SINGULAR QUIBBLE: The hair. The hair reads stiff, like, DragonballZ cosplay wigs.

Very excited about this series! I feel like Rogue hasn't interacted much with Destiny since she returned. It's also been a while since she and Gambit teamed up to fight ninjas together. For them, that counts as a productive date night.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.