Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    He's also going to go berserk on the QC for allowing Essex to do this much damage. I can't wait.
    I'm excited
    (And I love your avatar)
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Goddess! I need somebody, anybody, to pick up that thread and resolve it.
    We are at 3 series focused on Otherworld now and i'm suprised this hasn't been resolved. Especialy given how Arrako keeps being focused on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yes please! Big A is going to come back and be like, "Redroot is still stuck in Otherworld?!"
    Don't think Apocalypse would care... like at all.
    But there is potential for an arc or mini-series about someone gathering a group and trying to get her back, while having to go through some dangerous and weird quest either in otherworld or perhaps some other weird location (since she is inprisoned for beaking something "priceless" it would make sense that the protagonists would have to find something of "equal" worth).

We have not forgotten about you, Redroot.

I came in here to post about her. There's a Redroot-sized hole in my heart, and it won't be healed until she's rescued from Otherworld and reunited with Arakko.

Great thread!

Yes! Its is taking way too long for this story to happen. And for Phobos to complete it’s…eviction proceedings !

I also loved Larraz’ initial inspirations for his Arakkii designs. So killer. I believe Phil Noto also followed suit when designing Bei without her mask.

IKR! I’m still waiting on an annual from either Ewing or Howard. Or even a nice, short arc in Duggan’s runnconsidering he said that members from Year One could continue to have stories in the run that are way past their time on the roster. If Laura could show up for a quick issue to get introduced to her Vault self, there shouldn’t be a problem with Sunfire and the team doing some Redroot retrieval.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I also loved Larraz’ initial inspirations for his Arakkii designs. So killer. I believe Phil Noto also followed suit when designing Bei without her mask.

IKR! I’m still waiting on an annual from either Ewing or Howard. Or even a nice, short arc in Duggan’s runnconsidering he said that members from Year One could continue to have stories in the run that are way past their time on the roster. If Laura could show up for a quick issue to get introduced to her Vault self, there shouldn’t be a problem with Sunfire and the team doing some Redroot retrieval.
    The Arakkii really are such a great looking bunch. I can't get enough of them.

Someone proposed the idea of a one-shot by Ewing having Sunfire travel to Otherworld with Bei and working with Death, Betsy, and Rictor to get Redroot home. I dream about this idea now.

Mighty Member

Great thread!

I love the Arakkii design and I glad that Ewing is using them.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

WHITE SWORD, we need him to come back
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

What ’weapons’ would you like to see future Arakkii wielding? The Omega mutants of the Great Ring all have pretty abstractual but sorta broken abilities that I love. A poet who’s able to speak any metal into existence? A tall, Nommo-like axolotl who has a near-infinite water biome running in his veins? Don’t get me started on Lactuca lol

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    AGREED! I gotta be honest, I thought he was gonna be revealed to be Isca or Poccy’s brother but I’m glad he’s his own thing. I hope (when) he returns, that he establishes his own kingdom on Planet Arakko or maybe even another planet in the Storm System.

I'm late. But it's nice to see a thread that belongs to Arakkii.

I wish Ironfire was from Arakko.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I am not 100% sure, but didn't he and his hundred warriors stay in Amenth (along with, but totally independent of, ancient enemies like Genesis and the Horsemen, the Summoners, and various other mutants who didn't seem to hang with the 'Arakki')?

I like that he not only has a story, but each of his 'warriors' has a story about how they died and came into his service. I'm sure a lot died at the hands of Amenthi demons following Genesis during her time as Annhilation, but at least a few perhaps died at the hands of one of the Horsemen, or her own hand, and there might be a *ton* of grudges between the White Sword's people and the reformed Genesis and her brood... (Which the White Sword himself might humor, but probably doesn't share, since it's not like the demons or Genesis or her Horsemen ever killed *him,* and they did, with all their killing, pretty much hand him all these recruits!)

During the brief scenes we had of him and his minions, they mostly looked like human men, not a lot of women, or visible mutant physiologies to be seen. Was that just kind of hasty art, not bothering to waste a bunch of cool designs on people who'd likely never be seen again, or does White Sword 'have a type' and wander the battlefield stepping over corpses with tentacles or crab-pincers to cherry-pick the ones to resurrect who look good in a line-up with the rest of his 'recruits?'

And is his healing talent perhaps tied into his white armor and white sword, both of which might be made of bone, kept alive and self-repairing by his ridiculous healing / resurrection power? Cause that would be kind of hardcore. "Your bones will add to my armor."

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Yes please! Big A is going to come back and be like, "Redroot is still stuck in Otherworld?!"
    This Plot thread will definitely come back when Genesis and Storm butt Ideology Heads. And i'm sure that Arakko itself will take Storm's side once Redroot comes back.

White Sword is such a great character and there's so much mystery about him. I like that he does his own thing and I like the idea of him having his own kingdom.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    (...)
    During the brief scenes we had of him and his minions, they mostly looked like human men, not a lot of women, or visible mutant physiologies to be seen. Was that just kind of hasty art, not bothering to waste a bunch of cool designs on people who'd likely never be seen again, or does White Sword 'have a type' and wander the battlefield stepping over corpses with tentacles or crab-pincers to cherry-pick the ones to resurrect who look good in a line-up with the rest of his 'recruits?'
    (...)
    The major problem was simply the idea of introducing a guy who is hyped up to have a hundred mutants champions under his command, in a event storyline centered around sword collecting, stupid party games and a small bit of dueling.

Which was made worse by the writer deciding to simply use said champions as disposable minions in order to cushion Gorgon being the designated "death" of the event.

So rather than White Sword summoning maybe 4 of them, give each of them a unique design/personality/powerset and therefor fight against Gorgon, which would neatly imply that the remaining 96 were similar unique and formidable, the writer went with brute force and had White Sword summon them in mass. All so Gorgon could kill a ton of them at once, thinking it will make him look cooler (some called the fight great, but to me it just felt like a bunch of jobbers going down against and overhyped Mark Millar villain).

Even a great artist would have struggled with presenting nearly a hundred mutant characters out of the blue, who are also supposed to be champions of endless battles, considering that the reader is used to unique powers and designs from the many hero and villain teams of the past. But Noto is in my opinion, not a particular good interior artist. His characters designs, actions and backrounds all tend to be quite bland.

So it's no suprise his version of the hundred champions would just look like a bunch of extras from a 1950's sword and sandal movie and go down against a named character accordingly.

But since as mentioned White Sword has so far only appeared in that one event, there might still be a chance that next time one of his champions appear they will come with more variation and unique designs and personalities. So the versions from Ten of Swords can simply be written off as "early weirdness" of the character(s).
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-04-2023 at 02:48 PM.

White Sword is such a great character and there's so much mystery about him. I like that he does his own thing and I like the idea of him having his own kingdom.
    The only thing we really know about him is he went crazy and just constantly kept bringing back to life the same 100 warriors to fight with him.