Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Has it even been established if Amenth is a planet or a different dimension?
    "I just came out to have a good time and I'm feeling very attacked right now"

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraEpidermis View Post
    Has it even been established if Amenth is a planet or a different dimension?
    Different dimension.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

The solicit for Heralds of Apocalypse #1 changed. When the one-shots were first announced it was:

Apocalypse and his family have battled for survival in the harsh land of Amenth. Do they rule over this twisted world or do its demonic inhabitants rule them? And how has Apocalypse felt about the choices the Quiet Council has made in his absence?

And now with June's solicits it's:

THE ORIGIN OF ARAKKO!

In ancient days, Genesis turned back the hordes of Amenth. In ancient days, Genesis forced Annihilationin to a parley. What words were spoken in her mind? Now, finally, Apocalypse will know…and the echoes of those words might destroy him…and Arakko with him.

Maybe it's both.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The solicit for Heralds of Apocalypse #1 changed. When the one-shots were first announced it was:

Apocalypse and his family have battled for survival in the harsh land of Amenth. Do they rule over this twisted world or do its demonic inhabitants rule them? And how has Apocalypse felt about the choices the Quiet Council has made in his absence?

And now with June's solicits it's:

THE ORIGIN OF ARAKKO!

In ancient days, Genesis turned back the hordes of Amenth. In ancient days, Genesis forced Annihilationin to a parley. What words were spoken in her mind? Now, finally, Apocalypse will know…and the echoes of those words might destroy him…and Arakko with him.

Maybe it's both.

Strange, but interesting.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

This has recently been brought up by readers in a few places and I had completely forgot about it. From Inferno #3:

Karima/Omega Sentinel is talking about her timeline here so I wonder if this fight will come to pass. "Fractured and warring on two fronts" is especially interesting.

yeah, i'm curious why they even fight to the death though...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This has recently been brought up by readers in a few places and I had completely forgot about it. From Inferno #3:

Karima/Omega Sentinel is talking about her timeline here so I wonder if this fight will come to pass. "Fractured and warring on two fronts" is especially interesting.
    I wonder if that's because of Darwin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    The only thing we really know about him is he went crazy and just constantly kept bringing back to life the same 100 warriors to fight with him.
    This is my own personal theory , but what if the The One Hundred Champions of The White Sword are actually the baseline flatscan SQUIBS of Arrako , like the Night Seats’ Fisher King apparently is , which is why their combat skills are so high , because they rely purely on martial arts instead of mutant powers ?!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    This is my own personal theory , but what if the The One Hundred Champions of The White Sword are actually the baseline flatscan SQUIBS of Arrako , like the Night Seats’ Fisher King apparently is , which is why their combat skills are so high , because they rely purely on martial arts instead of mutant powers ?!
    So far, the Arakki seem far more likely to have physical mutations, than psychic/psionic ones. Whole lotta folk like Beast, Angel and Marrow, not a lot of Jeans, Xaviers or Betsys.

But it would be amazing if they had a few telepaths among their thousands/millions/whatever mutants, able to upload/download skills and experience the way that Xavier or Jean can upload languages, or download the ability to pilot a space shuttle in like 30 seconds. Imagine 100 or 1000 Arakki who either aren't mutants at all, or have 'useless' mutant powers (at least for facing down an infinite army of Amenthi demons, who might be immune to Arakki Bob's pheremone powers or linguistic confusion knack...), who have *all* been downloaded with dozens, if not hundreds, of other Arakki's combat skills and experiences. Every single one of them has dozens of master swordsmen, master archers, master strategists, etc. all sitting in their noggin, and can 'remember' hundreds, if not thousands, of individual battles, some of these memories perhaps handed down from past master combatants who've been dead *for centuries.*

They wouldn't need any mutant powers at all to be ridiculously effective. Every single one of them has a Wolverine, a Cyclops, a Captain America, and dozens of others, in their head, 24/7.

And if they *still* have a few telepaths, all of these warriors might remain telepathically linked, in a network that allows them to fight with effortless synergy, without any spoken words. Literally superhuman teamwork.

Soon.

Where is Ozymandias. The greatest server of all time needs to be involved.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Where is Ozymandias. The greatest server of all time needs to be involved.
    Jeez, yeah he should be part of this of course. But he became one of the many forgotten characters. Sadly, he was quite unique.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Jeez, yeah he should be part of this of course. But he became one of the many forgotten characters. Sadly, he was quite unique.
    Last I saw he was in the Dark Angel Saga sucking up to Warren.
    Too bad some writers don't involve the guys that should be there.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

From today's XMM it seems o--[A]--o and Genesis may not be on the same page with regards to Arakko and the Arakkii.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!