Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Not always there, formed as a place of worship and memorial. It was a place of contemplation and prayer.
    Looks like Storm destroys them in a upcoming issue of X-Men Red 63acd22c-620d-4728-9331-b86050cb4476.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Famine is apparently able to shape water to his will, using it as a sharp weapon against enemies. He showed it in X of Swords Creation and X of Swords Stasis (according to Marvel Fandom).
    That's the thing though, he didn't? I've read both those issues more than once and I have no idea where that wiki got that impression, because I don't remember any panels where he even used any powers, let alone ones that were definitively hydrokinesis. Plus, I'm almost positive I remember reading his entry on that very wiki over a year ago, and at THAT particular point in time, it cited the same issues while claiming his power was some kind of energy drain.

Pretty sure people are just making stuff up and editing it in, maybe in some kind of attempt at creating a wiki drift effect? Idek.

But its like how its kinda frustrating how for a few years now people have confidently made claims about what Genesis can and can't do while citing two different wikis and her few panels of power usage as proof that she's DEFINITELY a plant-manipulator while the other side thinks she's DEFINITELY a life-force manipulator and the simple fact is she could be either and we just literally don't know for sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    That's the thing though, he didn't? I've read both those issues more than once and I have no idea where that wiki got that impression, because I don't remember any panels where he even used any powers, let alone ones that were definitively hydrokinesis. Plus, I'm almost positive I remember reading his entry on that very wiki over a year ago, and at THAT particular point in time, it cited the same issues while claiming his power was some kind of energy drain.

Pretty sure people are just making stuff up and editing it in, maybe in some kind of attempt at creating a wiki drift effect? Idek.

But its like how its kinda frustrating how for a few years now people have confidently made claims about what Genesis can and can't do while citing two different wikis and her few panels of power usage as proof that she's DEFINITELY a plant-manipulator while the other side thinks she's DEFINITELY a life-force manipulator and the simple fact is she could be either and we just literally don't know for sure yet.
    I'm thankful for this post because when I read the above about shaping water and using it as a weapon, I thought my memory was completely shot because I have zero recollection of such a thing. I don't remember Famine actually doing anything power wise and they seem to be the most mysterious of the Horsemen so far.

I'm really looking forward to Heralds of Apocalypse and learning more about the children in general.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm thankful for this post because when I read the above about shaping water and using it as a weapon, I thought my memory was completely shot because I have zero recollection of such a thing. I don't remember Famine actually doing anything power wise and they seem to be the most mysterious of the Horsemen so far.

I'm really looking forward to Heralds of Apocalypse and learning more about the children in general.
    I vaguely remember some sort of black specks flying out from him in one of the flashback scenes where he's clustered with the fam, that, I thought, were supposed to be swarms of bugs.

But apparently it's supposed to be pointy bits of black water on their way to stab people? Kinda sketchy art, if that was the impression I was supposed to be getting...

But hey, that Egyptian funerary mask is hot!

Sergei Titov.

I'm quite pumped for this story to unfold. X-Men #13 in just over two weeks.

"Genesis once again walks the island she ruled for millennia – with the Annihilation Staff in her hand. But what is in her heart? Is the return of the Mother of Arakko to be celebrated – or feared? As the Fall of X closes in, the Great Ring must decide…or risk their own fall from grace."

Ultimate Member

I kind of dread that Genesis is going to pump her cred by killing someone on the Great Ring, and the ideal sacrifice for this unhappy role is Kobak Neverheld (popular and recognizable, but not terribly relevant to the plot, and absolutely someone new to the Ring that Genesis might be all 'you let Swole Porcupine Lad replace Isca, Tarn, etc.? Die!'), since he appears to have survived his final challenge and gotten the job.

OTOH, Kobak's apparently supposed to be an Omega, so it would lessen the sting a bit if he fatally perforated one of her precious children before she did. (Maybe Famine, so he can die before we find out for real what he does?)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That o--:[A]:--o Family cover is chef's kisses perfection (except for what's going on with Pestilence's head)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I hope Xilo eats Genesis and her stupid kids. Maybe not Death, but definitely the others. I was reading through some X of Swords issues last night, and I'd forgotten how insufferable those brats were.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    I hope Xilo eats Genesis and her stupid kids. Maybe not Death, but definitely the others. I was reading through some X of Swords issues last night, and I'd forgotten how insufferable those brats were.
    Ha, Xilo should. I've been rereading X of Swords as well and I forgot that White Sword said Genesis used to beat Death "for being weak", making him cry and hide. I'm holding out hope that Death will be an interesting player in all of this.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Sobunar vs. War could be glorious. "Eat fire, salamander-boy!" "Eat an entire ocean (complete with sharks), fire-girl!"

Genesis losing one or more kids, at least one (and yeah, I'd want Death, too!) because they turned on her, could be a great way for her to receive some comeuppance. (Death be all, "Uh, thanks but no thanks for the 'rescue' Ma, I kind of liked being the boss of a vampire dimension and not the eternal 4th Henchman of your Forever War, so I'm out of here...")

Although given his history of sticking to the other mutant factions of Amenth/the Arakki, resisting them all those centuries of subjugation by Annihilation and throwing the X of Swords event by allowing Gorgon sixteen extra points (IIRC) before killing him (and then just leaving before the big battle, making it clear to Annihilation that he wasn't helping), I *fully* expect White Sword to remain true to form and betray Genesis *again.*

Immortal X-men #16's cover.

Last edited by JB; 07-20-2023 at 03:27 AM.