Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

They're putting a weird emphasis on what is essentially a filler arc.

BANNED

Also not wearing the Oscorp suit

So does this take place after Morlun trashed it in Slott's book?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I can't get used to the whole working for Norman thing. That man does not deserve any modicum of forgiveness for what he's done.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Also not wearing the Oscorp suit

So does this take place after Morlun trashed it in Slott's book?
    I’m more so questioning why it’s Winter with Peter talking about Dark Web being a couple of weeks ago when the end of Dark Web skipped forward months to Spring.

Honestly, from the preview, this doesn't look like it'll suck....Then again, it's not Wells so...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’m more so questioning why it’s Winter with Peter talking about Dark Web being a couple of weeks ago when the end of Dark Web skipped forward months to Spring.
    I'd say this takes place between the end of Dark Web and the followup in Spring

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I inquired about that over in the Black Cat appreciation thread. It's definitely a choice, it also makes me wonder just where the relationship stands by spring, or if this event puts the kibosh on it.

If it doesn't, then Wells has decided to skip over the very foundations of their romance's rekindling, which does even greater disservice to Felicia.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    Honestly, from the preview, this doesn't look like it'll suck....Then again, it's not Wells so...
    Kelly's one of the good ones. I've always loved his stories, and he's not a guy that actually forgot Mephisto or OMD either and got the ball rolling on those sort of teases.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 02-02-2023 at 12:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

On the one hand, it’s a filler arc with a premise that doesn’t interest me. On the other hand, Joe Kelly is a much better writer than Zeb Wells…

Fantastic Member

The “does not suck” line from Osborn sounds absolutely out of character from him. But there wasn’t anything else offensively bad, so it’s a step up from the last like 13 Zeb Wells comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I inquired about that over in the Black Cat appreciation thread. It's definitely a choice, it also makes me wonder just where the relationship stands by spring, or if this event puts the kibosh on it.

If it doesn't, then Wells has decided to skip over the very foundations of their romance's rekindling, which does even greater disservice to Felicia.

Kelly's one of the good ones. I've always loved his stories, and he's not a guy that actually forgot Mephisto or OMD either and got the ball rolling on those sort of teases.
    Would it really surprise you at this point if Wells skipped over the relationship building part? He’s skipped over literally everything else

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I just realized that this is all going to end in disaster. Peter said his life was kinda good! FOOL!

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Incredible Member

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I just realized that this is all going to end in disaster. Peter said his life was kinda good! FOOL!

Soul Eater reference! Nice.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They're putting a weird emphasis on what is essentially a filler arc.
    How can there be filler when there’s no ultimate goal to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    How can there be filler when there’s no ultimate goal to begin with?
    Thank you can’t have filler for a story that never ends
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy