Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    True star of the run. This entire thing has been a back door pilot for Rek-rap
    Just you wait, Spider-Man 2 is going to have a Rek-Rap DLC.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    True star of the run. This entire thing has been a back door pilot for Rek-rap
    Don't encourage them.

The recap page is going to dominate all discussion within this issue.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Foa3q02W...jpg&name=large

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The recap page is going to dominate all discussion within this issue.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Foa3q02W...jpg&name=large
    My heart just shattered into a million pieces...

I mean...REALLY?! First Chasm and now this?! Why?!
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-07-2023 at 10:56 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    My heart just shattered into a million pieces...

I mean...REALLY?! First Chasm and now this?! Why?!
    Because they want to provoke people. We all should be aware this is all going to get retconned out of existence.

I'm tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Because they want to provoke people.

I'm tired.
    As am I. I...am done.

...Wow. Just. Wow.

Sure am feeling validating in no longer buying ASM right now.

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    From what I saw on twitter I think we all know where it’s leading to right?
    I think MJ reaction it’s a bit normal if we have the context of what Peter has been doing
    Peter acts mature on that scene (I expect worse tbh)
    I don’t see that Felicia part as “I’m fine with being second best” it was very understanding of her (she sounds like MJ tbh) because like she said she knows the history between them
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    So, the bit of Peter and Felicia discussing Peter’s feelings for MJ it’s true or not?
    spoilers:
    yes that do talk about it and it seems Peter and Felicia's relationship will continue or not depending on how he's willing to trust her about his feelings for MJ as he still holds a candle for her
    end of spoilers

I can’t deal with Marvel anymore, I genuinely can’t. It’s like they’re purposely trying to make fans upset with this.

Mary Jane can be more than just a love interest, but that’s always been one of her main roles. If she’s married to someone else, what’s the purpose of her even being in the book anymore? To make Peter miserable and piss off the fans?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    spoilers:
    yes that do talk about it and it seems Peter and Felicia's relationship will continue or not depending on how he's willing to trust her about his feelings for MJ as he still holds a candle for her
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don’t know about that, sounds like an ultimatum and Felicia seems to be very supportive.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    I can’t deal with Marvel anymore, I genuinely can’t. It’s like they’re purposely trying to make fans upset with this.

Mary Jane can be more than just a love interest, but that’s always been one of her main roles. If she’s married to someone else, what’s the purpose of her even being in the book anymore? To make Peter miserable and piss off the fans?
    Apparently so, not only that but they turned Peter into a stalker? It's like they are purposefully trying to sink the character and his cast at this point. I don't see how they can go any lower from here...oh, wait...

I smell a reboot incoming...
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-08-2023 at 02:21 AM.

Apparently so, not only that but they turned Peter into a stalker? It's like they are purposefully trying to sink the character and his cast at this point. I don't see how they can go any lower from here...oh, wait...

I smell a reboot incoming...
    They literally say in the comic they're trying to find a way to bring him and Jessica Drew back. So it's just about when the McGuffin shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    They literally say in the comic they're trying to find a way to bring him and Jessica Drew back. So it's just about when the McGuffin shows up.
    The thing is, we don't know at what point in time Slott's book takes place in relation to Wells, but if my hunch is correct...then all of Wells' run is set possibly months prior to the erasure of Spider-Man and this moment:

And if that is the case...then this newer, blank canvas variant of the 616 Peter is going to be Spider-Man going forward. The "other" Peter isn't coming back, Jessica? Sort of, but more than likely in the same manner as Peter...as a different Jessica. The pieces are literally right there for a total overhaul of the character's entire history. One that doesn't require Marvel to undo OMD but sidestep it entirely and purge everything from continuity. This is what is going to affect the entire Marvel Universe in #7. This is why they are dragging Ben, MJ and Peter through the mud because none of it matters anymore.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-08-2023 at 02:52 AM.

The thing is, we don't know at what point in time Slott's book takes place in relation to Wells, but if my hunch is correct...then all of Wells' run is set possibly months prior to the erasure of Spider-Man and this moment:

And if that is the case...then this newer, blank canvas variant of the 616 Peter is going to be Spider-Man going forward. The "other" Peter isn't coming back, Jessica? Sort of, but more than likely in the same manner as Peter...as a different Jessica. The pieces are literally right there for a total overhaul of the character's entire history. One that doesn't require Marvel to undo OMD but sidestep it entirely and purge everything from continuity. This is what is going to affect the entire Marvel Universe in #7. This is why they are dragging Ben, MJ and Peter through the mud because none of it matters anymore.

They'll probably just wind up bringing Peter and Jessica Drew back to re-establish the status quo and the "Peter disappearing" is the usual "all hope is lost" to make people get the next issue. They aren't offing the original 616 Peter, especially when we don't even know what he did yet. So I expect the story will end with 616 Peter and Jessica Drew being restored more or less, and the monster being stopped and this being an arc for tension. But I felt the same way I did when MCU Peter got snapped. I went "Well that took away all tension and finality to this thing ... because he's obviously coming back."

It feels just like every other "Is Batman dead!?!?!" Story, but like it's going to be resolved with the answer being "No, of course not." a lot faster.