Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I don't thin it would be that difficult to make a character like The Owl interesting. The Netflix show already gave us a perfect setup when that show's Leland Owlsley already mentioned that he had a sun. From there all you would have to do is introduce Leland Owlsley, Jr. as a new and formidable crime figure who wants Fisk's territory, not only for revenge, but also general criminal greed. It practically writes itself.
    That's how I saw season 4 going if the Netflix shows continued.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-04-2023 at 07:19 AM.

Mike Murdock.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I don't thin it would be that difficult to make a character like The Owl interesting. The Netflix show already gave us a perfect setup when that show's Leland Owlsley already mentioned that he had a sun. From there all you would have to do is introduce Leland Owlsley, Jr. as a new and formidable crime figure who wants Fisk's territory, not only for revenge, but also general criminal greed. It practically writes itself.
    I like how Bendis and Brubaker used The Owl.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Just before the Miller takeover, there was The Death-Stalker!

The MCU should use him.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    The Masked Marauder Comes to mind, but he was better off as a one shot villain.
    He could work as an episodic villian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    Mike Murdock.
    Zdarsky was on the same page as you.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like how Bendis and Brubaker used The Owl.
    An adaptation of that version with a little of Zdarsky’s thrown in for good measure would be great.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Owl and Gladiator are two good choices, but I don't think Stilt-man was arch-enemy potential even back.

Mr. Hyde and Beetle were also two foes he frequently seemed to fight. I'm not sure if Beetle was really considered a "Daredevil enemy" back then or if he was just a guest villian, but Hyde is a fairly good contender for top spot.
    Beetle is a Spidey rogue.

As for Owl, there's an easy way for the MCU to use him. Have him be the guy who took over Kingpin's empire when he was a victim of Thanos' snap. When Fisk returns, he wants his territory back. So you have two rival gangs for Matt to fight.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The Owl was a lot more creepy in Nick Spencer's Superior Foes ....I don't think he's been in much since

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-18-2023 at 01:06 PM.

Astonishing Member

His worst enemy was his twin brother, Michael Murdock.

Before the Kingpin, I don't think Daredevil ever had a definite archenemy. It is interesting to wonder if Miller was unable to use the Kingpin during the time in which he had, who would have been placed in that top mobster role. You would think it would've been the Owl, speaking of which I'd like to see him used more often especially now with Fisk being MIA.

Getting DeVito Penguin vibes from that Owl picture.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Cobra and Mr. Hyde are borrowed villains, like Kingpin. They started as Thor villains. Yes, someone in Marvel must have also realized that they were too weak to have any business fighting the freakin' god of thunder, so they were transferred to Daredevil instead.
    Mister negative, Kaven The Hunter and Black Cat should be transferred from Spider-Man over to Daredevil as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Before the Kingpin, I don't think Daredevil ever had a definite archenemy. It is interesting to wonder if Miller was unable to use the Kingpin during the time in which he had, who would have been placed in that top mobster role. You would think it would've been the Owl, speaking of which I'd like to see him used more often especially now with Fisk being MIA.
    The Owl could be used as a Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew) archenemy, along with Lady Deathstrike and Carnage...

The mighty Frog-man
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Mister negative, Kaven The Hunter and Black Cat should be transferred from Spider-Man over to Daredevil as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The Owl could be used as a Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew) archenemy, along with Lady Deathstrike and Carnage...
    Since most Marvel heroes are in NY, you could have them pop up outside of their respective origins.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    The mighty Frog-man
    He should pop up in the MCU.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    The mighty Frog-man
    Daredevil Annual # 1 : the palpable menace resounds in Leapfrog's "I owe that corny conceited clown (Daredevil) PLENTY!"