Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Fixit #2

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Default Joe Fixit #2

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/02/03/ma...w-joe-fixit-2/

Peter is talking to MJ so that's a plus

Astonishing Member

Gawdangit PAD, would it kill you to have Spidey say Yes(Peter said its complicated instead) when Fixit asked him if he's married. JMD acknowledge the marriage why can you, you wrote the marriage in a positive light.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Gawdangit PAD, would it kill you to have Spidey say Yes(Peter said its complicated instead) when Fixit asked him if he's married. JMD acknowledge the marriage why can you, you wrote the marriage in a positive light.
    Maybe he's trying to protect his secret identity. Beyond that . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

I mean it’s probably just a quick shot at the convoluted ass story that ended the marriage

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I read the speech balloons in a different order: Joe offers Peter his choice of partners and makes a joke about which way he swings, Peter says it’s complicated, and then Joe says, what, you’re married?

I didn’t read it as a slam at the marriage, just Peter not volunteering much personal information while he’s Spidey. But I could be wrong…

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Peter was never one to volunteer information about having a wife, even to other superheroes, in fact the Hulk didn't find out Peter even had a wife until the run where MJ "died". Hell, even she when was introduced to Captain America for the first time Peter didn't outright say that MJ was his wife. Although I think Cap knew on some level.

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Was he even married back during the era this takes place in? This was still the 80's right?

Even when he's not trying, hot women just show up around Peter....and The Hulk.

What doesn't Kingpin keep in that cane?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was he even married back during the era this takes place in? This was still the 80's right?

Edit: Mixed it up with something else. Oops!
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 02-03-2023 at 08:20 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Astonishing Member

Pete and MJ were married in 1987, Joe Fixit first appeared in 1988. His first appearance in Vegas written by Peter David is Incredible Hulk 347.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 02-03-2023 at 08:17 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Peter was never one to volunteer information about having a wife, even to other superheroes, in fact the Hulk didn't find out Peter even had a wife until the run where MJ "died". Hell, even she when was introduced to Captain America for the first time Peter didn't outright say that MJ was his wife. Although I think Cap knew on some level.

"The mask hides your face, son. Don't let it hide your heart."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    "The mask hides your face, son. Don't let it hide your heart."
    if cap can figure this out by a first meeting then it only proves my point about Peter enemies
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Him saying "it's complicated" might refer to the period he spent hanging out with MJ and not wanting to admit they were all but dating.

BANNED

Short feedback for this issue is Spidey gets a badass moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Sweet. I always love it when Peter gets a chance to be badass.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Spidey or Peter Parker? There’s a cool moment between Pete and Kingpin.

The issue is a lot of fun and definitely worth picking up (Although it makes me wonder where this PAD was during that abysmal Scarlet Spider run (…. which also coincidentally took place in Vegas as well)).
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 02-06-2023 at 02:33 PM.