Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

I haven't even read #2, yet, but plan to later tonight.

This looks SO GOOD, though!!

I love how the magic resistant stone from #1 is being used as a thread to sew the HoM siblings' story together. From Pietro polishing it there, to Lorna via a letter in #2, having him deliver it to her to analyze its properties. I would have to guess that's for a reason & there'll be more to come of it.

I also have to agree with what many others are saying, in how well this series is hitting. I know it's early but for me it's giving Hellions energy, with that rare harmony it seems to have achieved, between concept & creative team.

I'm back looking at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Sorry if I said this but I think too many years have passed for Marvel to acknowledge Lorna's trauma from the whole Genosha arc, I mean never say never but this is not a book for that. I do feel like they should have had some panel time discussing their feelings about M-day but Marvel already gave that story a closure and Wanda being the redeemer of Krakoa.

Also the goal of this book is to go forward with Wanda's story and her relationships, so expecting more than them working together as sisters and maybe acknowledge Magneto's dead together is pointless idk.
    I know this has been addressed already, but while I have no problem with a single individual reader thinking this, I do have a huge problem with the X-Men office thinking too much time has passed to acknowledge Lorna's trauma with Genosha.

1. That a lot of time has passed does not mean past wrongs should not be righted. Ignoring her experience with Genosha is a huge wrong.
    2. The X-Men office had no problem with bringing back and tapping into Lorna's experience and history with Malice during X-Men Blue, and there was a longer gap in time between Malice in the 90s and X-Men Blue than there is between Lorna's last delving into the Genoshan genocide and today.

In this specific book, the two of them not addressing Magneto's death in a meaningful way would be (and I'm sure will be) a red flag and problem. It's wrong that Lorna has absolutely no response while Storm is addressing it very thoroughly and in detail. To make that clear: the problem is not Storm addressing it. It's Lorna not being able to do so at all. It's not right that there isn't at least some small portion for Lorna to address as Magneto's daughter instead of all of it going to Storm.

I don't expect Genosha to be addressed in this book. But, I expect Lorna appearing on this book is meant to serve a functional purpose of the X-Men office and apologists for them trying to cover for Lorna being excluded from dealing with Genosha by saying she had "more than enough" attention by being on the Scarlet Witch book, or that she shouldn't have Genosha covered because of the focus introduced by the Scarlet Witch book, etc.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    I haven't even read #2, yet, but plan to later tonight.

This looks SO GOOD, though!!

I love how the magic resistant stone from #1 is being used as a thread to sew the HoM siblings' story together. From Pietro polishing it there, to Lorna via a letter in #2, having him deliver it to her to analyze its properties. I would have to guess that's for a reason & there'll be more to come of it.

I also have to agree with what many others are saying, in how well this series is hitting. I know it's early but for me it's giving Hellions energy, with that rare harmony it seems to have achieved, between concept & creative team.
    I’m loving how this series is representing the importance of her familial connections especially with how estranged from them that they had her towards them in her previous solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’m loving how this series is representing the importance of her familial connections especially with how estranged from them that they had her towards them in her previous solo.
    It was one of the major reasons for that solo's sales failure. It existed at least in part to promote the hated Axis retcon.

Obviously since WandaVision there has been a breakout of sales in anything Magnus family related due to MCU fans watching the TV show then reading House of M in crazy numbers. This series and its promotion is well aware of that.

I don't expect Genosha to be addressed in this book. But, I expect Lorna appearing on this book is meant to serve a functional purpose of the X-Men office and apologists for them trying to cover for Lorna being excluded from dealing with Genosha by saying she had "more than enough" attention by being on the Scarlet Witch book, or that she shouldn't have Genosha covered because of the focus introduced by the Scarlet Witch book, etc.
    The stone might involve Genosha. Might is the key word.

But, yes there are a number of vitally important issues Lorna needs to deal with and Wanda's ongoing isn't the place for it.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-06-2023 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    This is really starting to get disappointing to me. After issue 1 I thought it was going to be Wanda helping the common man/woman/child/etc..but issue 2 was Viv and now in issue 3 it is Lorna. Is this going to come down to Wanda helping her NON-family members every issue?
    TBF, all the interviews about this book said it'd deal with family both biological and found family.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    This is really starting to get disappointing to me. After issue 1 I thought it was going to be Wanda helping the common man/woman/child/etc..but issue 2 was Viv and now in issue 3 it is Lorna. Is this going to come down to Wanda helping her NON-family members every issue?
    Assuming this doesn't get cancelled really early, we should still be seeing Wanda deal with helping people in need. But the book also needs to develop its supporting cast and flesh out Wanda's relationships. I wouldn't be surprised if the Viv stuff will connect to the upcoming Avengers book, where Wanda will be on a team with Vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Wished it would've happened sooner, as they've definitely taken the roundabout, scenic route in getting there. But yes, FINALLY it seems they're doin' the right thing & attempting to make @least some amends.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    ... Hangin' all my HoM HOPEs on THIS!! 🤞🙏

Lorna with the HIGH Dracula collar adds a layer to the VIBE

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Lorna with the HIGH Dracula collar adds a layer to the VIBE
    Yes!
    ...I'm also loving the brighter shade of green added. It makes the entire lewk bold and striking yet very well-balanced between "too colourful" and "monochromatic".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Not really feelin' the shades. If they're to be used, prefer it when she wears 'em on top of her head, I guess. As w/most characters, like seeing her eyes. They are the windows to the soul, after all.