Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Just curious, why do you think it is so important to reestablish Wanda as Magneto's biological daughter?

Wanda treat Magneto as her father-figure. Lorna and Wanda treat each other as sisters. I don't see the need to re-retcon her (and Pietro) to be biological children of Magneto, I don't see the difference as long as their connections aren't removed completely. It was so weird to me back then in Axis, when "we are not biologically related, so you are not out father" was established and everyone started to act like them not being biological children somehow also removed all their history together. Like, when Luna was born and Magneto treated her as his granddaughter. This fact doesn't change just because now they are not biologically related. Or Magneto being a motivation for many of Pietro's actions. It was so weird how marvel acted like it all now no longer exist. So, I wanted for it to be re-retconned. But when Trial of Magneto confirmed what they are not biologically related, but they are still treat each other as family, to me it was enough.
    Ooooh don’t mind me….I like Wanda and Pietro as real mutants, I was introduced to them as mutants and they were mutants for most of my life so I can’t help it, I like what I like….
    Last edited by Daedra; 02-03-2023 at 03:03 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Just curious, why do you think it is so important to reestablish Wanda as Magneto's biological daughter?

We need to erase everything from Marvel's self-cannibalization over movie rights era. Especially everything they did to the mutants, Maximoff retcon at the top of the list.

Looks stunning and that hug between the sisters really put a big smile on my face.

I guess the one with the pink hair is new, what about the old hag?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Throw Carol, Monica, and Dazzler in and call it Uncanny Avengers.
    I’d buy this book ALL DAY.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I guess the one with the pink hair is new, what about the old hag?
    I guess she’s supposed to be Baba Yaga, but I could be wrong.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    IKR!?

The weird-factor on this book is consistently hitting all the right spots.
    Agreed! I love this kind of wacky magical stuff.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sara Pichelli is KILLING IT on the art. 2 for 2 so far and this will certainly be 3 for 3
    This must be how it looks like whenever she is at the drawing board

Also in terms of stylishness Lorna and Wanda are definitely sisters. They both slay.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I just see this as a repeat of All-New X-Factor 14, where that issue tried to whitewash other serious issues Lorna and Wanda should have addressed together (in that case, M-Day) and served as an advance distraction from the Axis retcon that made anything good from ANXF #14 completely worthless.

This time, I expect this to whitewash Lorna and Wanda addressing Magneto's death together like they should, while serving as an advance distraction from the fact Lorna should be deeply involved in anything to come from that as well as the upcoming stories having to do with Genosha. What ANXF did when Jordan White was editing it is what I expect this book to do while the book's using an X-Men character and Jordan White is senior editor of the X-Men office.

I'm currently not getting this book. If I'm mistaken on the above, I might change my mind. If this issue happened a year ago, before Magneto's death and when the Genoshan genocide wasn't being covered (with Lorna excluded from it), I would've bought it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I just see this as a repeat of All-New X-Factor 14, where that issue tried to whitewash other serious issues Lorna and Wanda should have addressed together (in that case, M-Day) and served as an advance distraction from the Axis retcon that made anything good from ANXF #14 completely worthless.

This time, I expect this to whitewash Lorna and Wanda addressing Magneto's death together like they should, while serving as an advance distraction from the fact Lorna should be deeply involved in anything to come from that as well as the upcoming stories having to do with Genosha. What ANXF did when Jordan White was editing it is what I expect this book to do while the book's using an X-Men character and Jordan White is senior editor of the X-Men office.

I'm currently not getting this book. If I'm mistaken on the above, I might change my mind. If this issue happened a year ago, before Magneto's death and when the Genoshan genocide wasn't being covered (with Lorna excluded from it), I would've bought it.
    It is a strength of the book that Wanda's history is allowed to be tapped as a motivational force for the character.

Who knows perhaps they will allow Lorna some access to her own history, and no I am not talking about her having a degree. Certainly, it is sad that other creators have not seen fit to allow Lorna access to her own history to provide her with a motivation and some semblance of who she is outside of typically one-dimensional character traits to try to make her seem relatable and 'grounded'.

Lorna's story is in a deep and dark hole yes. I have said it before that it's not the duty of Orlando to help dig her out of it though I certainly hope he does help even in small measure. In terms of Wanda and Lorna's relationship I do think their relationship needs depth and conflict though it will be for a future story arc I suspect to give them that.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-03-2023 at 09:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This looks pretty good and Sara Pichelli always delivers.

On the writing side though, while I enjoyed the first couple of issues, they struck me as a bit... unambitious? Like they were fun done-in-one's but felt a bit inconsequential at the end of the day.

Obviously not every story needs to "change everything" or have cosmic stakes but aside from setting up Wanda with her new magic shop and door, the first 2 issues had a pretty run of the mill villain of the month fight which reminded me of the "villain of the week" approach Smallville had. Again, not necessarily bad, just a bit unimpressive.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

Sorry if I said this but I think too many years have passed for Marvel to acknowledge Lorna's trauma from the whole Genosha arc, I mean never say never but this is not a book for that. I do feel like they should have had some panel time discussing their feelings about M-day but Marvel already gave that story a closure and Wanda being the redeemer of Krakoa.

Also the goal of this book is to go forward with Wanda's story and her relationships, so expecting more than them working together as sisters and maybe acknowledge Magneto's dead together is pointless idk.

IKR!?

The weird-factor on this book is consistently hitting all the right spots.
    I mean a magic book without something weird going on is heresy.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    It is a strength of the book that Wanda's history is allowed to be tapped as a motivational force for the character.

Who knows perhaps they will allow Lorna some access to her own history, and no I am not talking about her having a degree. Certainly, it is sad that other creators have not seen fit to allow Lorna access to her own history to provide her with a motivation and some semblance of who she is outside of typically one-dimensional character traits to try to make her seem relatable and 'grounded'.

Lorna's story is in a deep and dark hole yes. I have said it before that it's not the duty of Orlando to help dig her out of it though I certainly hope he does help even in small measure. In terms of Wanda and Lorna's relationship I do think their relationship needs depth and conflict though it will be for a future story arc I suspect to give them that.
    Im curious here. What do you have in mind?
    I can see a potential point for conflict though I don't expect to actually see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This looks pretty good and Sara Pichelli always delivers.

On the writing side though, while I enjoyed the first couple of issues, they struck me as a bit... unambitious? Like they were fun done-in-one's but felt a bit inconsequential at the end of the day.

Obviously not every story needs to "change everything" or have cosmic stakes but aside from setting up Wanda with her new magic shop and door, the first 2 issues had a pretty run of the mill villain of the month fight which reminded me of the "villain of the week" approach Smallville had. Again, not necessarily bad, just a bit unimpressive.
    I think that is kinda the point. It's important to remember that not everyone is an avid comic book reader and from what we can gleam when it comes to sales numbers there are tons of eyes on the book. Probably many who are not deeply familiar with Wandas character or who might even have not bought a comic before. On top of that there hasn't even been a book in years that actually got to explore Wandas character. It's paramount that you actually do a deep dive on Wanda herself first. Her Powers, her relationships with various people, her personality, her motivations. You know all the things that make Wanda into who she is and when it comes to that I can only give out compliments. Like I said in the Marvel thread, this is the best and most compelling Wanda I have read in ages. The way past events are referenced and being used as motivation is just great.

Once this has been done you can ramp up the threats. I mean there are overarching plot points. The amulet which is why Lorna is now meeting with Lorna and what the deal with Darcy is.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion
    m curious here. What do you have in mind?
    I can see a potential point for conflict though I don't expect to actually see it.
    At this point in time, I don't know.

It very easily could have been regarding M-Day a decade ago, but now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Sorry if I said this but I think too many years have passed for Marvel to acknowledge Lorna's trauma from the whole Genosha arc, I mean never say never but this is not a book for that. I do feel like they should have had some panel time discussing their feelings about M-day but Marvel already gave that story a closure and Wanda being the redeemer of Krakoa.

Also the goal of this book is to go forward with Wanda's story and her relationships, so expecting more than them working together as sisters and maybe acknowledge Magneto's dead together is pointless idk.

Orlando just resurrected Jean and more importantly Kitty's feelings about Genosha and its destruction on his other title Marauders.

He just might be resurrecting Genosha itself while Wanda #3 is coming out. In terms of your other argument that its Wanda's book unless it impacts her too it shouldn't come up that is a stronger argument. But, this story arc just might impact all of that depending on if the rock is what I think it might be.

As for Lorna and Wanda's relationship I will have to say it felt inorganic in Trial of Magneto. Some of that was inevitable as they hadn't interacted in years and barely interacted before that unless one wants to count HoM memories. But, some of that was avoidable if they had dealt with big issues between instead of ignoring them in the trial and earlier.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-04-2023 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Orlando just resurrected Jean and more importantly Kitty's feelings about Genosha and its destruction on his other title Marauders.

He just might be resurrecting Genosha itself while Wanda #3 is coming out. In terms of your other argument that its Wanda's book unless it impacts her too it shouldn't come up that is a stronger argument. But, this story arc just might impact all of that depending on if the rock is what I think it might be.

As for Lorna and Wanda's relationship I will have to say it felt inorganic in Trial of Magneto. Some of that was inevitable as they hadn't interacted in years and barely interacted before that unless one wants to count HoM memories. But, some of that was avoidable if they had dealt with big issues between instead of ignoring them in the trial and earlier.
    I forgot that Cassandra Nova was in that book written by Orlando, considering she was there, it was expected he would mention that, still thinking it won't be mentioned here tho.

Their relationship was forced because they barely ever interacted but tbh i prefer that over once again a character being hostile towards her and wanda feeling sad, gladly knowing what Orlando said about going forward i doubt this will be the case.
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 02-04-2023 at 07:53 AM.