Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Started with 6, went to 9 after the first mission. What I’ve been told is that the characters on the cover aren’t a part of the UA lead up, but will be involved in the other stories being told in it. Duggan’s writing both, with art by Cassara for one story, and Garron for the other.
    Is this a mini from what you’ve heard?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Photon
    Blue Marvel
    Bishop
    Psylocke
    Quicksilver
    Wasp
    Rogue
    Gambit

Hawkeye
    Wasp (Jan)
    Photon
    Tigra
    Polaris
    Havok
    Husk
    Colossus

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Is this a mini from what you’ve heard?
    Nothing that specific, but they’re planning something big for their 60th anniversary this year.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You are quite welcome, ComicNoobie!

There are so many great characters to choose from, I could easily do another list or two of 8! Since my first team were all women, I did not give Beast Honorable Mention, but I like that you did. Deep down, he is good---we just have to get back to that Hank!
    Even though eight is a reasonable number for a team, I needed more slots lol. I forgot to put Rogue as a honorable mention. There are so many good choices for Uncanny Avenger rosters.

Nothing that specific, but they’re planning something big for their 60th anniversary this year.
    Thank you!

I conjecture that Duggan's UNCANNY AVENGERS (Vol 4), launching this July post-Hellfire Gala 2023, will be representing the 60th anniversary for both the Avengers and the X-Men. Both 60th anniversaries fall in July 2023.

I don't see UNCANNY X-MEN being relaunched any time soon (at least not until mid-2024, when Fall of X is over and the leftover Hickman plotlines are all concluded). To properly relaunch UXM, you need all the A-Listers together: Storm, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Beast, Kate Pryde, etc. But all of them are occupied in various different books right now. They are not launching UXM off the backs of C-Listers (no offense meant to fans of those characters).

The smart play with UXM is to let all the current balls in the air come to a rest. Let the Duggan, Gillen, Ewing, Percy, Howard, Spurrier, LaValle and Williams runs come to an end (in 2024, as previously announced at Comic Con). Then, pick one writer (Al Ewing or maybe someone not part of the current team) and give them all the big characters to launch UXM (Vol 6). This will be the new flagship book and give strong momentum to the post-Hickman status-quo line of X-books.

What I’ve been told is that the characters on the cover aren’t a part of the UA lead up, but will be involved in the other stories being told in it. Duggan’s writing both, with art by Cassara for one story, and Garron for the other.
    Duggan is indeed writing two stories for FCBD 2023, but I believe both stories will lead into to the launch of his Uncanny Avengers.
    The first story will introduce the new Captain(s) Krakoa, who will likely be one of the leaders of the new UA.
    The second story introduces Feilong's Stark Sentinels, which will probably be the villain of at least the first arc of the new UA.

Post it here: no more than 8 characters, with an equal amount of X-related characters and Avengers related characters—also anyone that has been announced for the new Avengers roster by MacKay & Villa are off the board.
    I'll play along, but I think in addition to no MacKay Avengers, we need a caveat that none of the mutants who will be in existing X-books later this year should be considered. Jean and Scott are obviously leading the Year 3 X-Men; Storm, Cable and Sunspot aren't leaving X-Men Red; the QC members will stay in IXM; Beast will stay in X-Force; etc.

With that in mind, I made my choices based on characters that straddle the line between the Avengers/humanity and the X-Men/mutantdom.

Avengers
    1. Captain America (Steve Rogers) - Human. Joined the Avengers in the Kirby run. 2nd human to be resurrected through Resurrection Protocols.
    2. Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) - Human. Founding member of the Brotherhood of Mutants. Joined the Avengers in the Kirby run.
    3. Jocasta - Android. Joined the Avengers in the Slott run.
    4. Black Knight (Jackie Chopra) - Mutant. Daughter and legacy of a classic Avenger, Black Knight (Dane Whitman).

X-Men
    5. Rogue (Anna Marie) - Mutant. Joined the X-Men in the Claremont run. Founding member of the Uncanny Avengers.
    6. Cannonball (Sam Guthrie) - Mutant. Founding member of the New Mutants. Joined the Avengers in the Hickman run.
    7. Firestar (Angelica Jones) - Mutant. Joined the Avengers in the Busiek run. Joined the X-Men in the Duggan run.
    8. Manifold (Eden Fesi) - Mutant. Joined the Avengers in the Hickman run. Joined S.W.O.R.D. in the Ewing run.

Captain America and Rogue are co-leaders of the team.
    Manifold is the space manipulator, who can move the team around quickly.
    Cannonball, married to an Imperial Superguardian, connects the team to sci-fi stories in space.
    Black Knight, wielder of the Ebony Blade, connects the team to magic stories in Otherworld and Weirdworld.
    Jocasta, an android, ties into the mutants vs machines theme of the current X-Men status-quo.
    Last edited by alanyoung909; 02-05-2023 at 03:52 AM.

Actually, X-Men Red appears to be ending with Fall of X. One of the announced one-shots is linked to it. Same goes for Marauders, Legion of X, and Immortal X-Men. So characters from those teams are on the board.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/legi...fore-the-fall/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm going to cheat a little here by adding one person who was never an active member, but an ally. I'm also using versions of characters from different timelines and even alternate realities.

Avengers
    1. Quasar/Starbrand (Wendell Vaughn)
    2. Lady Sif
    3. Blue Marvel (circa 1961, before he was forced into early retirement by JFK)
    4. Sersi

X-Men
    5. Morph (AOA)
    6. Madelyne Pryor (What happens in Limbo doesn't always stay in Limbo.)
    7. Ashake (Storm's long-lived mystical ancestor and veritable twin)
    8. Karima Shapandar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm going to cheat a little here by adding one person who was never an active member, but an ally. I'm also using versions of characters from different timelines and even alternate realities.

Avengers
    1. Quasar/Starbrand (Wendell Vaughn)
    2. Lady Sif
    3. Blue Marvel (circa 1961, before he was forced into early retirement by JFK)
    4. Sersi

X-Men
    5. Morph (AOA)
    6. Madelyne Pryor (What happens in Limbo doesn't always stay in Limbo.)
    7. Ashake (Storm's long-lived mystical ancestor and veritable twin)
    8. Karima Shapandar
    AXmengers Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    I don't see UNCANNY X-MEN being relaunched any time soon (at least not until mid-2024
    So just in time for X-Men #35/Uncanny X-Men #700 in june 2024 (the last time the legacy numbering of UXM appeared was in 2019, on the cover of Hickman's X-Men #1) ?

Avengers
    Monica Rambeau (co-leader)
    Doctor Voodoo
    Hank Pym (GiAnt Man)
    Quicksilver

X-Men
    Nightcrawler (co-leader)
    Archangel
    Penance
    X-23
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Avengers
    Photon (Leader)
    Mockingbird
    Wonder Man
    Madame Web

X-Men
    Warpath
    Dazzler
    Beast
    Micromax

With the Avengers side, I think Photon is the best case scenario for a leader and perhaps the one with the most empathy for what the mutants are enduring, after Steve Rogers. Mockingbird is underused and fits the role of the "powerless peak-level fighter" role perfectly. Wonder Man is here in part to help the Beast regain some of what he's lost over the years, as a character. And Madame Web is here because I like the idea of the team psychic NOT being one of the dozen of mind-centric X-Men characters.

With the X-Men side, I think Warpath needs to get out of the X-Books, where the returned Thunderbird is getting all the attention now (which feels a bit like the Marvel mutant take on Barry Allen stealing Wally West's spotlight). Dazzler is here as the fun side of mutants, which doesn't get much focus. Beast is here for the biggest Hail Mary redemption arc ever. And Micromax is kind of the flip side of the Madame Web argument, taking a role normally held by Hank, Jan, or Scott. Plus, he's a bit of a blank slate that you can have lots of fun with.

I’d put both Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch on the team, since they have Avengers and X-Men history.
    I’d put Rogue and Carol Danvers on the team and have them dislike/resent each other based on their history.
    Similarly, I’d have Black Panther and Storm on the team and navigate their relationship.
    Then, I’d have BFFs Beast and Wonder Man.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!