Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm glad she's on the XM. And love the name-change. The new look is...okies (I'm not a fan of Momoko's art, but I do love the return to her blue colour signature) I like the short cut but...an "early Halle Berry" curly pixie-cut would have been better than the spiky/straight/anime hair.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

While it's not the most "exciting" costume design, it's Kate's strongest design. I freakin' love it (even the "k" in cat)." I hope Illyana stays on the team and Duggan can capture some of the magic (sorry, I had to do it) of their relationship. One thing I miss about the classic stories is the fact that Kate and Illyana are best friends and Kate was able to summon the soulsword.
    So glad to hear some "Fall of X" news, I didn't see an X-Men panel on C2E2's line up and wasn't even thinking about Marvel being at MegaCon. But, this time of year Orlando definitely beats out Chicago.
    Mutant and Proud!

I'm happy she's on the main team, not feeling the redesign or codename alteration. Feels like she's trying too hard again.

Although if she was going to be on the main team you'd think she'd go for more of a Superhero look.

Oh man, I really dig the redesign and codename alteration. When I first got into comics she was Shadowcat (with a "c"), and I loved her interactions with Logan where he trained her in martial arts. So this is cool to me. Don't mind replacing the "c" with a "k"... I suppose for Kitty. But I'm into it personally.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

for me it feels like the character regresses here and is not going forward. Claremont did the same already during his Revolution run (even the haircut). Being a silent killer ninja is not what the character is to me...sorry, she is maybe trained in it but she does not need to become one in such a literal sense. It also gives me "Psylocke-vibes"....

Sorry, I don't feel it (yet). Kitty was one of my faves but the last years since X-Men Gold made her so boring.
    Last edited by Exodus; 04-02-2023 at 10:42 AM.

I agree that she’s been boring. Hoping this makes her interesting again.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Don't mind replacing the "c" with a "k"... I suppose for Kitty. But I'm into it personally.
    Since she's a ninja now, maybe its meant to double as a Mortal Kombat reference lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Since she's a ninja now, maybe its meant to double as a Mortal Kombat reference lol.
    Someone said the new costume makes her look like Sub-Zero and now I can’t unsee it lol
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

This reminds me of AoA schadowcat. Though I'm not sure why whaha
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    This reminds me of AoA schadowcat. Though I'm not sure why whaha
    I think it's the short hair?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by borkbork View Post
    I think it's the short hair?
    The short hair actualy reminds me of her short lived "Revolution" design. Weirdly enough both also featured her using Wolverine style blades, in the later case even a single one of Logan's discarded bone ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm happy she's on the main team, not feeling the redesign or codename alteration. Feels like she's trying too hard again.

Although if she was going to be on the main team you'd think she'd go for more of a Superhero look.
    I know, right?! Still remember the one she tried (and others that almost happened):

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    This reminds me of AoA Shadowcat. Though I'm not sure why whaha
    Yeah, nice callback. The updated version had potential (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-02-2023 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    for me it feels like the character regresses here and is not going forward. Claremont did the same already during his Revolution run (even the haircut). Being a silent killer ninja is not what the character is to me...sorry, she is maybe trained in it but she does not need to become one in such a literal sense. It also gives me "Psylocke-vibes"....

Sorry, I don't feel it (yet). Kitty was one of my faves but the last years since X-Men Gold made her so boring.
    No way.

The regression was when they put her back into that stupid yellow uniform.

Captain Kate was a much needed step up, however for Kate to return to Shadowkat is like Steve Rogers returning to Cap after being Nomad.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]I know, right?! Still remember the one she tried (and others that almost happened):

Yeah, nice callback. The updated version had potential (IMHO):
    For me her green Ariel costume was always the best.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm glad she's on the XM. And love the name-change. The new look is...okies (I'm not a fan of Momoko's art, but I do love the return to her blue colour signature) I like the short cut but...an "early Halle Berry" curly pixie-cut would have been better than the spiky/straight/anime hair.
    What do you expect when the new look was designed by someone who's Japanese? Of course it'll look like it belongs in anime.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    No way.

The regression was when they put her back into that stupid yellow uniform.

Captain Kate was a much needed step up, however for Kate to return to Shadowkat is like Steve Rogers returning to Cap after being Nomad.
    Yeah, she shouldn't look like a student, so she absolutely shouldn't be wearing the blue and yellow. Blue and black like in this new costume is fine. Her having short hair in X-Men Gold just felt to me like she was doing it because she was the boss - like how Storm cut hers when she'd taken over as headmistress back in Wolverine and the X-Men. At least here it makes practical sense, as long hair might get in the way if she's doing ninja stuff.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman