Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    That's beautiful!! Fantastic cover.

It's also going to give us this amazing yet also meme-worthy image of her :3

KP meme.jpg

I immediately thought of this.

Quote Originally Posted by borkbork View Post
    KP meme.jpg

I immediately thought of this.

That is absolutely perfect.. and in the MARVEL world, also perfectly valid.

Still waiting for the "other time" Kitty promised Karma.

Also, having followed Storm and Kitty's bond throughout the comics over the years, this will always be one of my favorite moments for her in a comic. Storm and Kitty's happiness here is wonderful.

Last edited by Majesty; 03-07-2023 at 03:21 AM.

The Sentinels have arrived and they've brought back-up...

Welcome to MARVEL SNAP's latest season...

Days of Future Past

https://twitter.com/MARVELSNAP/statu...39715782651906

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I adore Kitty/Kate. I feel like she's actually a tricky character to write without making her totally obnoxious... Claremont, Whedon and Ellis are some of the few writers who get her voice and attitude right in my opinion.

I'm hoping for good things for her in 2023 - I must say I don't love her in Marauders and I'm ready for her to join a new X-team.

Also, some quality time with her BFFs Rachel and Illyana is long overdue.
    I’m kinda sad that it’s BetChel, instead of RaTty, just because the two of them are soulmates. They belong together. I won’t be upset if she gets into a relationship with Yana tho.

Me, and a few other very vocal comic Jews on Twitter has been dealing with some antisemites over the last couple days. It’s rather disgusting. Being accused of being a “Jew supremacist” because Kitty’s Jewish identity is very connected to who she is as a character.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

So, uhhhh...about the news from last night?
    Ngl, kind of scared

Quote Originally Posted by borkbork View Post
    So, uhhhh...about the news from last night?
    Ngl, kind of scared
    What was the news?

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    What was the news?

From Diammandis in the 60th anniversary event thread.

I can’t precisely remember, but Jordan was asked which mutants to look out for this year and thats when he mentioned Kate having a big story coming out of Fall of X and then him mentioning Iceman is someone to look out for. He didnt go into specifics like he did with Kate…

Found a direct quote:

“ he said that Kate Pryde has a really big story coming this year, which was good news if you like Kate Pryde, but also bad news if you like Kate Pryde, because Fall of X will be dark. "There's Iceman, Sunsport always rules, he always has a plan…"

Captain Kate is no more. Meet the new look Shadowkat! Yes, it's spelt with a K now.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Captain Kate is no more. Meet the new look Shadowkat! Yes, it's spelt with a K now.

I'm totally in love with Kate's new look, new/old codename and the fact she's joining the main X-Men team. I really dig Momoko's design with the slick ninja feel, with the colours hearkening back to Kate's best costume (her early Excalibur one, of course)

I'm also curious to see her interact with the new X-Men team as it likely won't feature any of the characters she has the strongest relationships with (Ororo, Logan, Kurt, Piotr). Despite the fact they've been together on teams before, over the years we haven't really seen an awful lot of Scott x Kate or Jean x Kate so I'm looking forward to that. It would also be fun to have her on the same team as Jubilee if she does indeed win the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm totally in love with Kate's new look, new/old codename and the fact she's joining the main X-Men team. I really dig Momoko's design with the slick ninja feel, with the colours hearkening back to Kate's best costume (her early Excalibur one, of course)

I'm also curious to see her interact with the new X-Men team as it likely won't feature any of the characters she has the strongest relationships with (Ororo, Logan, Kurt, Piotr). Despite the fact they've been together on teams before, over the years we haven't really seen an awful lot of Scott x Kate or Jean x Kate so I'm looking forward to that. It would also be fun to have her on the same team as Jubilee if she does indeed win the vote.
    I know, right?! Most of their memorable interactions were in X-Men: Evolution
    If it translates well, hopefully it can be brought over to the comics (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-20-2023 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I loveeeeee this look on Kate but damn, can we get Peach Momoko to redesign Kwannon next?

I hate the 'k' in 'Shadowkat' - it feels like fan fiction, which is how I feel about several things in this era - but I am looking forward to seeing Kitty back in her ninja role and hopefully getting some decent characterisation and time in the spotlight.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

All-New Member

The look is great but also a bit generic for me. I don't love Kate with short hair. That said I love that Kate is leaving the Red Queen era behind. She wasn't living to her best potential so I like this change.

I hope Magik continues in the X-Men book so we have more interactions with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I hate the 'k' in 'Shadowkat' - it feels like fan fiction, which is how I feel about several things in this era - but I am looking forward to seeing Kitty back in her ninja role and hopefully getting some decent characterisation and time in the spotlight.
    I love love love her new look!