Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What do you expect when the new look was designed by someone who's Japanese? Of course it'll look like it belongs in anime.

Yeah, she shouldn't look like a student, so she absolutely shouldn't be wearing the blue and yellow. Blue and black like in this new costume is fine. Her having short hair in X-Men Gold just felt to me like she was doing it because she was the boss - like how Storm cut hers when she'd taken over as headmistress back in Wolverine and the X-Men. At least here it makes practical sense, as long hair might get in the way if she's doing ninja stuff.
    I can see Kate in front of the mirror: "I should cut my hair so it doesn't get in the way when I fight, but let me add this long-ass scarf because it looks cool" LOL. Joking, I actually don't mind the short hair, I like it when characters change their hairstyles just like people do in real life.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Same.
    The hair is not a big deal really as she's had straight hair before and different styles, different lengths. And while Elektra fights very effectively with a glorious mass of curls, the shorter cut does fit better with Kate's new look.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

At least it's not as bad as her Gold haircut.

And considering Duggan brought her curls back there’s a good chance we’ll see them again especially if she encounters some powerful humidity.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    And considering Duggan brought her curls back there’s a good chance we’ll see them again especially if she encounters some powerful humidity.
    Actually I wonder now considering how often X-Men die if they have a set preset for how much of their hair comes back with them ?

(Assuming the protocols are still a thing post SoS...)

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

While returning to Shadow(cat)Kat is alright, I much preferred the growth of character that came with the Red Queen (or even the Red Captain) and feel like that could have been a much cooler ninja style. As a character who can phase, a practical costume or look isn't even one that's necessary and could prove to be much more fun.

I dont hate the look. It wont be around for long...nothing ever is these days in the X books. I do prefer the longer hair though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Actually I wonder now considering how often X-Men die if they have a set preset for how much of their hair comes back with them ?

(Assuming the protocols are still a thing post SoS...)
    Haha that's a good question. They probably update their favored settings regularly so that they are reborn with their most recent look. Otherwise it'd be kinda funny for Kitty to be resurrected with long hair and she has to keep cutting it.

I'm excited to see what prompts this change. JDW made it a point to empathize that she'll be going through a tough time so I wonder if what happens at the gala is especially personal for her.

Haha that's a good question. They probably update their favored settings regularly so that they are reborn with their most recent look. Otherwise it'd be kinda funny for Kitty to be resurrected with long hair and she has to keep cutting it.

I'm excited to see what prompts this change. JDW made it a point to empathize that she'll be going through a tough time so I wonder if what happens at the gala is especially personal for her.
    I wonder if it's connected to whatever is driving Wolverine away from Krakoa? They haven't exactly been shown as close recently but it's still supposedly one of Kate's strongest relationships.

At least it's not as bad as her Gold haircut.
    Completely understandable. There's precedence for Kate having a close-cut, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I wonder if it's connected to whatever is driving Wolverine away from Krakoa? They haven't exactly been shown as close recently but it's still supposedly one of Kate's strongest relationships.
    I know, right?! I still remember the one from X-Men/F4 (2020):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-03-2023 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Glad that Shadowkat is making a return. I think taking Kate down the ninja route makes the most sense for her character. I've hoped that this is what they'd do with Kate's character, given both her history, and how her powerset works well for it.

This is probably one of her best costumes, but I strongly dislike Kate's hair being that short. They've tried it multiple times, and it doesn't really work IMO.

Her returning to Shadow(K)at is a plus. I hated that she didn't have a codename for years the same way I hate that Jean Grey hadn't had a codename for so long. [Feel the same way about Donna Troy over in DC.] I really hated her Captain Pryde/Red Queen phase (I did love that she got her curly mane back, tho). The costume is cool. I always felt she was the best fit to be a ninja, even more than Betsy. As for the hair, I don't mind it, but I'm not a guy who only love the female characters with long, flowing hair that reaches their asses. I just wish it was styled better.

I wonder if it ends up having something to do with Colossus after the stuff with him and his brainwashing shakes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Completely understandable. There's precedence for Kate having a close-cut, though...

I know, right?! I still remember the one from X-Men/F4 (2020):

I miss the ponytail.

I wonder if it ends up having something to do with Colossus after the stuff with him and his brainwashing shakes out.
    Ahh that's an interesting theory. Do we know if Mikhail is working with Orchis? Maybe Mikhail makes his big move at the gala and that prompts Kitty's change. I can actually see her feeling guilty if she learns Colossus has been under his control and she was right there on the QC with him but barely paying him any mind to notice.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I’m excited to see Ninja Kitty back in Action!!!

Orchis must have crossed Kitty something Fierce if she is going straight Ninja in they Ass. Lol this is going to be GREAT. Kick some Orchis Ass Kitty!!!
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Her returning to Shadow(K)at is a plus. I hated that she didn't have a codename for years the same way I hate that Jean Grey hadn't had a codename for so long. [Feel the same way about Donna Troy over in DC.]
    I'll admit I'm also a codename nazi LOL. It's a really tiny pet peeve but you're on a superhero team where everyone has codenames, so get one dammit . Bring on Shadowkat, the White Queen, Phoenix and Troia!