Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Now and Again, which had John Goodman dying in an accident, only for his brain to be placed in the body of an artificial human super-soldier (played by Eric Close) and forced to work for government genius Dennis Haysbert.
    I remember that show and watched it. A little far-fetched but some great actors with great performances.

Sports Night
    Wonderfalls
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Unsupervised

For all of the talk that is always out there about animated shows, this one doesn't come up all that much.

So many moments that just hit way too close to the nerves.

Shame it ended as soon as it did.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Now and Again, which had John Goodman dying in an accident, only for his brain to be placed in the body of an artificial human super-soldier (played by Eric Close) and forced to work for government genius Dennis Haysbert.
    This. That's the one that always first comes to mind. But there are so many. If I like it, if it has an interesting angle, it's going to get cancelled. Also, if it's on a Friday, that's usually a good indication it's not long for this world.

Great:
    Sense8

Good enough to be bitter about the cancellation:
    Constantine
    Swamp Thing
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I really enjoyed Deadly Class on Syfy, but I think I was one of the few people watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I really enjoyed Deadly Class on Syfy, but I think I was one of the few people watching it.
    I liked it too.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Wolverine and the X-Men. Ended on a tease of the Age of Apocalypse, but then the company went bankrupt or something and we never got a season 2.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Sports Night
    Wonderfalls
    I loved Wonderfalls so much. It was one of the first shows I ever bought the whole series on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I liked it too.
    The comic actually had a hook around issue seventeen that felt like where it was actually starting.

While they did cram a whole lot into that season?

It was kind of a shame that they were still a few issues short of where it actually begins.

Mighty Member

The Spectacular Spider-Man - Peak perfect Spider-Man. I was more excited about its cameo in Across the Spider-Verse than I really should've.

Green Lantern: The Animated Series - Great show that actually made Johns's Green Lantern concepts a lot more appealing to me.

Beware the Batman - Still one of the ballsiest takes on Batman that I think would've been better accepted today than in 2013.

Pantheon - We don't get enough sci-fi drama animated shows. This show deserved a bigger spotlight than it got.

Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters - Underrated superhero series that feels like a spiritual successor to Spectacular Spidey, but also shared its unfortunate fate.

Infinity Train - Great premise and even better character focus. It's still baffling that it was the most watched animated show on HBO Max in its first year and they did nothing with it.

Onyx Equinox - A visceral but fascinating exploration of Aztec, Mayan, Olmec and other Mesoamerican civilizations. It deserved better than being a one-season Crunchyroll Original.

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2021) - A kid-friendly and fun reimagining of the mythos that teased even bigger things before being canned.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2021) - A kid-friendly and fun reimagining of the mythos that teased even bigger things before being canned.
    This went 3 seasons right, that the one you mean. That ended with that cliffhanger of a cameo....that has been cancelled?!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This went 3 seasons right, that the one you mean. That ended with that cliffhanger of a cameo....that has been cancelled?!
    Yeah, season 3 was the last, even though the art book showed they were already planning stuff for season 4. Then again, Netflix has been cutting short a lot of their shows, like The Cuphead Show and Dead End: Paranormal Park.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Yeah, season 3 was the last, even though the art book showed they were already planning stuff for season 4. Then again, Netflix has been cutting short a lot of their shows, like The Cuphead Show and Dead End: Paranormal Park.
    According to Yuri Lowenthal, they're on hiatus for a repackage.

Netflix never officially cancelled it FWIW.

There's a bunch of new toys dropping this month like Hordak from the end of S3 as well as some guys we didn't see in the show.

There was a leaked poster taken off Twitter that had "Masters of the Universes: She-Ra & He-Man" with 2 different power swords and energy from one of the new swords different from the 2 we saw in the show (it was Kirby-esque pink/purple crackle).

We'll see if that is the plan or not.

The have live action He-Man and Revolutions coming out soon. They might not want too many shows at once.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-09-2023 at 12:07 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

A rebranding to include She-Ra and a delay to avoid saturation of MotU fandoms makes sense. I hope that is the case.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime