Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey there, LCFan!

I agree with you, lol.

I was reading some Defenders issues recently, near the end of Luke's stint with them because he said he was not really cut out for a team and wanted solo action (but then he went on to not only team-up with Danny Rand as a partner, but filled in for the FF) but Luke would be perfect now for a reconstituted OG Defenders Team! I would love to see OG Vakyrie, with Hulk, Doc Strange, OG Nighthawk and Hellcat.
    Quiet...folks that don't actually know the character might get offended lol. I'm teasing. I think he works best with occasional team-ups. That's what I loved about the Hero-for-Hire gig. You never knew where it was going to take it him. Also, I thought ethics vs his personal integrity was a very interesting concept similar to Daredevil lawyer/vigilante thing. I like Luke in the grey. It was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    A few are popular. Most are ignored or hated outright. No one's going to read a Luke Cage comic to see how many women he hooks up with.

Because black heroes aren't used as often as their white counterparts. They barely have anything at the level of white superheroes. Still, Luke's relationship with Jessica is a hell lot more popular than any one night stand Marvel will throw at him.
    I didn't say it was the only reason to read it, but you can't deny it's a popular trend. Be it television or comics shipping is a hot topic that's trendy.

That's not saying much because it's really not that popular. And I never specifically said just one night stands. He could date other heroines and have long-term relationships with them. Daredevil does it, Hawkeye, Iron Man, etc. The Netflix series did it right. He had a few one night stands then ultimately settled with Claire for awhile and then he moved on. He's a timeless character. It's interesting.

Of course, this could only work if Marvel decides to give a rats ass about him and they don't. Soooooo there's that.
    Last edited by LukeCagefan; 02-21-2023 at 10:58 AM.

I liked Luke with Danny in PM/IF and they worked well.

But I liked Luke better in the Defenders comic because he worked so well with each character: Val and female Red Guardian would call him "Mr Cage" and both would challenge him on his beliefs, sayings and thoughts on things, Hulk could get rough with him (instead of pounding on Val all the time) when he got frustrated, Kyle was so grateful to have Luke with the team and Doc S found Luke valuable and someone he could rely upon. It was a good time, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I didn't say it was the only reason to read it, but you can't deny it's a popular trend.
    I actually can when hardly anyone cares about random superhero hook ups compared to anything else in a superhero's life. You're more likely to see people give a rat's ass about a stable relationship or marriage than a superhero's 150th hook up that goes nowhere and basically exists to fill up page space.

Be it television or comics shipping is a hot topic that's trendy.
    Yes, audiences like shipping characters. They generally have a specific ship they like, however.

That's not saying much because it's really not that popular.
    Certainly moreso than a single Luke Cage playing the field.

And I never specifically said just one night stands. He could date other heroines and have long-term relationships with them. Daredevil does it, Hawkeye, Iron Man, etc.
    Most people know Hawkeye and Iron Man as married men. Daredevil is only known for having so many relationships because the previous ones almost always end in some kind of tragedy.

Of course, this could only work if Marvel decides to give a rats ass about him and they don't. Soooooo there's that.
    Marvel not caring about Luke Cage is a problem the character has been dealing with long before he was married and it isn't going to be fixed if you get rid of his marriage. We are talking about a character who hasn't had a solo series since 1993 and who has only been kept in comic audience's minds through team books and guest appearances in other solo titles.

I liked Luke with Danny in PM/IF and they worked well.

But I liked Luke better in the Defenders comic because he worked so well with each character: Val and female Red Guardian would call him "Mr Cage" and both would challenge him on his beliefs, sayings and thoughts on things, Hulk could get rough with him (instead of pounding on Val all the time) when he got frustrated, Kyle was so grateful to have Luke with the team and Doc S found Luke valuable and someone he could rely upon. It was a good time, lol!
    Once again, thanks for those recommendations. Those comics were awesome. I like when Luke works with those type of heroes. Obviously, Luke & Danny were lightning in a bottle and were epic as a duo but unfortunately last I checked Danny Rand can't be Iron Fist anymore because it's offensive. Thank goodness for the old days. lol. Nothing Marvel can do to get those copies out of my hands *evil laugh*.

Once again, thanks for those recommendations. Those comics were awesome. I like when Luke works with those type of heroes. Obviously, Luke & Danny were lightning in a bottle and were epic as a duo but unfortunately last I checked Danny Rand can't be Iron Fist anymore because it's offensive. Thank goodness for the old days. lol. Nothing Marvel can do to get those copies out of my hands *evil laugh*.
    Oh, you are quite welcome my friend!

Yeah, thingss are different now.

But as you said, we still have those issues!

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I actually can when hardly anyone cares about random superhero hook ups compared to anything else in a superhero's life. You're more likely to see people give a rat's ass about a stable relationship or marriage than a superhero's 150th hook up that goes nowhere and basically exists to fill up page space.

Yes, audiences like shipping characters. They generally have a specific ship they like, however.

Certainly moreso than a single Luke Cage playing the field.

Most people know Hawkeye and Iron Man as married men. Daredevil is only known for having so many relationships because the previous ones almost always end in some kind of tragedy.

Marvel not caring about Luke Cage is a problem the character has been dealing with long before he was married and it isn't going to be fixed if you get rid of his marriage. We are talking about a character who hasn't had a solo series since 1993 and who has only been kept in comic audience's minds through team books and guest appearances in other solo titles.
    You're acting like Cage/Jones are on the iconic level of Scott/Jean, Lois/ Clark Sue/ Reed or Peter and MJ. The character was introduced in 2001. Iron Man known as a married man is news to me? He doesn't have that reputation so if he married Patsy or whatever I'm sure it won't last cause marriages don't work for every character. Most writers of today don't seem very interested in marriages at all. If I was entertained by the marriage I'd be all for it. Sure you can say it makes him this role model and activist to his community but I'm sorry that's just not interesting to me and relationships are a fun dynamic to superhero comics. Part of it is I don't care for Jessica Jones much nor do I care for how the marriage was incorporated in the first place, it lacks depth. Yes, Cage has struggled to gain acceptance from Marvel but being a mild mannered middle age did isn't a selling point for his character and that's just where I'll disagree with you. Sorry. Cage has a bevy of other things that need to be addressed to help his character but I'm focusing on this one for now. In no way am I suggesting erasing his family will shoot him to the stars. It'll take more.

Oh, you are quite welcome my friend!

Yeah, thingss are different now.

But as you said, we still have those issues!
    I'd still like a Daughters of the Dragon, Hero for Hire mini series set in the 70's.

I'd still like a Daughters of the Dragon, Hero for Hire mini series set in the 70's.
    Oooh yes, me too!

I also think it could be fun and in-continuity of the '70's if Jean appeared for an issue or three, as she once learned their martial arts skills and fought with the Daughters against an enemy. Jean and Misty were roomies and friends during the mid-late '70's too.

Oooh yes, me too!

I also think it could be fun and in-continuity of the '70's if Jean appeared for an issue or three, as she once learned their martial arts skills and fought with the Daughters against an enemy. Jean and Misty were roomies and friends during the mid-late '70's too.
    Jean definitely should appear. I love me some Jean Grey lol

[QUOTE=LukeCagefan;6382376]Jean definitely should appear. I love me some Jean Grey lol[/QUOTE]

I did not know that, but another character we both love!

[QUOTE=Phoenixx9;6382447]
    Jean definitely should appear. I love me some Jean Grey lol[/QUOTE]

I did not know that, but another character we both love!
    Yeah. I was really happy when they brought her back. She's amazing

[QUOTE=LukeCagefan;6382459]

Yeah. I was really happy when they brought her back. She's amazing
    Definitely! No wonder we are friends!

[QUOTE=Phoenixx9;6382464]

Definitely! No wonder we are friends!
    Bruh we should DM and talk about this. Lol

[QUOTE=LukeCagefan;6382471]

Bruh we should DM and talk about this. Lol
    Sure. But first later I will have to clear out my inbox as I think it might be full up, lol.