Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I didn't see it that way. I saw it as Xavier's honest and untainted perception, and the final page is showing exactly what he feared. In this instance, I felt that the narration was a general overview of his insights, rather than what he was thinking and talking about in real time, like most narration. That's why the narration continues even when he's dead, and why the narration throughout the issue was about his way of thinking, instead of talking about the events unfolding around him.
    Yep, that's my read on it, what with him being dead for much of it. Sinister Charles wouldn't care much for people treating him with suspicion when he has so much naughtiness to get up to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I didn't see it that way. I saw it as Xavier's honest and untainted perception, and the final page is showing exactly what he feared. In this instance, I felt that the narration was a general overview of his insights, rather than what he was thinking and talking about in real time, like most narration. That's why the narration continues even when he's dead, and why the narration throughout the issue was about his way of thinking, instead of talking about the events unfolding around him.
    It could be just Sinisterized Charles being sarcastic as Sinister. Also him not telling anything about current events that are happening shows that this is Gillen's Sinisterized Charles because its only fair to say why Gillen hasnt tried to unfold Charles perspective of his doings since HoX/PoX. We all know how he is being written and summarising it in some monologue doesn't give a damn character development. It also mean these issue was actually pretty average issue because it has been done dozens of times he is being taken over to create alternate universes and timelines.
    Also its GILLEN so it's obviously Sinister. Nothing he wrote in the past from X-Men or Immortal X-Men says otherwise. Take it with a pinch of salt in whichever way you want.
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-06-2023 at 10:54 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Does anyone know what Mother Righteous' globes do? Her glowing, floating light globe thingies behind her.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Does anyone know what Mother Righteous' globes do? Her glowing, floating light globe thingies behind her.
    For a second I thought you meant something else by "globes." I need to cleanse this Claremont inspired mind this morning.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    For a second I thought you meant something else by "globes." I need to cleanse this Claremont inspired mind this morning.
    lol

100char
    "Cable was right!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I was thinking it as I typed it. LOLOLOLOL
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I for one can't wait for her inevitable team up with Goldballs' eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Didnt want to make a whole new thread for this but Duggan did an interview with Off Panel where he discusses his X-Men and Invincible Iron Man run (around the 30min mark)

https://sktchd.com/podcast/off-panel...-gerry-duggan/

spoilers:
    *I'm only a few minutes in but he confirmed that the plot point with Sunfire and Redroot is coming back to the forefront, whether that be in X-men or X-Men Red it was not specified.

*Hordeculture is showing up in issue #19

*Vault Laura will soon be called Talon it seems

*This story with the vault was pitched to Jonathan, he's still scripting ideas that go far back to 2019-2020

*Xmen 21 has one of his favorite entrances from a character you would never expect and will have a very important beat

*Don't know if this is a surprise to anyone but it definitely seems like things are going to go south for our two lovebird Talon and Synch
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Diammandis; 02-06-2023 at 01:41 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Didnt want to make a whole new thread for this but Duggan did an interview with Off Panel where he discusses his X-Men and Invincible Iron Man run (around the 30min mark)

spoilers:
    *I'm only a few minutes in but he confirmed that the plot point with Sunfire and Redroot is coming back to the forefront, whether that be in X-men or X-Men Red it was not specified.

end of spoilers
    Yup yup and to add to the above:

spoilers:
    He said Vault Laura's codename is Talon and should be on the page soon.
    end of spoilers
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Oh nice name !

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Some new character Ewing is pretty excited about. We'll see if he lives up to the hype.
    I am willing to give Ewing the benefit of the doubt since he has earned it, but he seems a very "Wolverine" type character in the previews that have been shown, so I hope there is more to him than hot spikes as power.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    I am willing to give Ewing the benefit of the doubt since he has earned it, but he seems a very "Wolverine" type character in the previews that have been shown, so I hope there is more to him than hot spikes as power.
    I can allready see Spyke from X-men Evolution sulking in a corner, if that's really the characters main power and personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

spoilers:

*Vault Laura will soon be called Talon it seems

*This story with the vault was pitched to Jonathan, he's still scripting ideas that go far back to 2019-2020

*Xmen 21 has one of his favorite entrances from a character you would never expect and will have a very important beat
    end of spoilers
    The part about issue 21. Hellion, and he's going to hook up with Good Laura to put an end to the love triangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Wasn't that a conceived codename for Laura at some point? Or associated with her? It feels familiar.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Wasn't that a conceived codename for Laura at some point? Or associated with her? It feels familiar.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    correct me if I'm wrong but i think Laura was assigned that name in New X-Men
    end of spoilers
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer