Default Reworking the Star Riders concept

For those not familiar: Back in 1992, Mattel planned a Wonder Woman-focused toyline for girls in which she was the lead. This would be promoted by an animated series and a promotional comic was distributed in Kellog's cereal. Unfortunately, the show was never made and the single issue of the Kellog comic was the only part of this franchise that saw the light of day. The comic starred Wonder Woman, Dolphin, Ice, as well as original characters Star Lily and Solaria.

I think the Star Riders can be reworked as a concept and spinoff for Wonder Woman. Here are my ideas for a roster.

The Star Riders

A team of young girls empowered by magic themed around stories, myths and concepts, and tasked with defending against the actions of Purrsia, a witch from another dimension created from the imagination of human kind. Purrsia's invasion results in the Star Riders and several other people becoming empowered by the magic of her realm. Some of these people fall under Purrsia's control and become monsters who most be freed from her corruption.

The Star Riders unlock more and more of their powers as they combat their own flaws and insecurities

Vanessa Kapataelis/Silver Swan

The leader of the team. Vanessa's Silver Swan form is based on her love of the Swan Lake ballet. She has abilities centered around song and dance.

Peony McGill/Star Lily

Second-in-command. Her powers center on plants, flowers and trees, as well as the ability to communicate with beasts.

Kiran Singh/Solstice

Empowered by light, particularly of the divine nature.

Mashenka Medviedenko/Rusalka

Empowered by water and wielding the might of the planets oceans.

Wenonah Littlebird/Owlwoman

Gifted with power of the night.

That's my starting roster. I do have some ideas for OCs but what do you think?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-27-2023 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    For those not familiar: Back in 1992, Mattel planned a Wonder Woman-focused toyline for girls in which she was the lead. This would be promoted by an animated series and a promotional comic was distributed in Kellog's cereal. Unfortunately, the show was never made and the single issue of the Kellog comic was the only part of this franchise that saw the light of day. The comic starred Wonder Woman, Dolphin, Ice, as well as original characters Star Lily and Solaria.

I think the Star Riders can be reworked as a concept and spinoff for Wonder Woman. Here are my ideas for a roster.

The Star Riders

A team of young girls empowered by magic themed around stories, myths and concepts, and tasked with defending against the actions of Purrsia, a witch from another dimension created from the imagination of human kind. Purrsia's invasion results in the Star Riders and several other people becoming empowered by the magic of her realm. Some of these people fall under Purrsia's control and become monsters who most be freed from her corruption.

The Star Riders unlock more and more of their powers as they combat their own flaws and insecurities

The leader of the team. Vanessa's Silver Swan form is based on her love of the Swan Lake ballet. She has abilities centered around song and dance.

Peony McGill/Star Lily

Second-in-command. Her powers center on plants, flowers and trees, as well as the ability to communicate with beasts.

Kiran Singh/Solstice

Gifted with control over the winds.

Really fun ideas - thank you for sharing them.

When I’ve thought about them, I’ve tried to think of extraterrestrial characters that meet up with Diana and become allies. Diana needs more space opera/sci-fi moments and I’ve always thought the Riders could help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Really fun ideas - thank you for sharing them.

When I’ve thought about them, I’ve tried to think of extraterrestrial characters that meet up with Diana and become allies. Diana needs more space opera/sci-fi moments and I’ve always thought the Riders could help with that.
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

The Star Riders

Peony McGill/Star Lily

Kiran Singh/Solstice

Gifted with control over the winds.

I'd add Donna, Nubia or Yara but those are great.