Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default have u noticed a lot of the modern writers prefer cyke over wolvie?

bendis, fraction, hickman, gillen, duggan... why do u think that is?

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    His evolution during that era was leading to something while Wolverine had a period of stagnancy. Lots of issues but stagnancy then Jason Aaron had him kill all his children...

Cyclops on the other hand was a wildcard and his stock was moving up in the MU until they did a hard reset.

Astonishing Member

Same reason so many want to write dare devil. There popular but low enough you still have creative freedoms. Logans popularity brings to many editorial restrictions.

I don't think his popularity did that you had 5 one shots a week with varing stories even with conflicting ethos

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Yeah, like the Cyclops ongoing and the X-lives of Cyclops and X-Deaths of Cyclops. Indeed, the current X-office had more focus on Cyke.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Is there evidence of this vs. just who they had major control of at the time?

BANNED

i mean fraction, gillen, hickman, duggan all had ctrol of both, but their stories feature cyke more

i could prove by posting all their issues, but that would b illegal

i mean fraction, gillen, hickman, duggan all had ctrol of both, but their stories feature cyke more

Did Gillen and Duggan have control of both? Jason Aaron was writing Wolverine and the X-Men starting very early into Gillen's run (and for most of Bendis'), and Ben Percy has been writing a Wolverine solo & X-Force for the entirety of Duggan's run. Fraction certainly had both characters (ish, as Wolverine also had X-Force and a solo at the time), and I suppose Hickman *could have* had both characters if he had asked.

BANNED

Everyone has their hey day. We are in Cyclops's.

Well, you see, Cyclops was right.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Well, you see, Cyclops was right.
    I love how that has made it even into other media

"This is me being reasonable"

Modern writers are just afraid or don't know how to write peak masculine characters like Logan is why. The fact that he's still massively popular in today's society is a miracle in itself. I mean with so many crying about anything masculine as toxic.

BANNED

A argument can easily be made that Hickman writes a better Wolverine than Cyclops. Bendis wrote far more Wolverine btw(since his Daredevil run) but its bad.
    Gillen writes better Cyclops and his favorite is also Cyclops. Duggan writes better Cyclops but his writing is mid low.

I think only Gillen and Duggan only qualifies for preferably writing Cyclops.
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-06-2023 at 10:00 PM.

The Krakoa status quo really isn't set up for Wolverine. There's a lot of talk about people not being in character, but it's especially bad for him. There's a lot of people walking around Krakoa that he's straight up said in other comics need to die, but you can't have him acting on any of that because it goes against what the writers want Krakoa to be.

Likewise, Wolverine drives a big old harley and hangs around in dive bars but you can't have those in Krakoa. He can't run through the wilderness and occasionally encounter a bear or a deer which is something a lot of writers love to have him do. And he's always been the "mutants are humans too," type which is another thing Krakoa seems dead set against.

More or less there's every reason for him to not be there and very few reasons he should want to stay other than the idea that the writers want him there.